Caveman2Cosmos

Hello, I got a little question about my tiles. The tiles within my borders have 2 little symbols, one is grey and usually (-) and the other is yellow and (+). I couldn't find any information about them, can someone help?

Hello, I got a little question about my tiles. The tiles within my borders have 2 little symbols, one is grey and usually (-) and the other is yellow and (+). I couldn't find any information about them, can someone help?

The grey one is probably handcuffs and represents crime on the plot. The yellow one is probably the biohazard sign and represents disease on the plot.

It is difficult to tell with out a picture and at the moment the SVN version is having trouble with screen shots or maybe it is just the alt key it is having trouble with.

Thanks a lot, i am playing on a laptop so a screenshot didn't help too much to identify them but these two (crime and disease) fit the situation.

Thanks Dancing Hoskuld for the confirmation that this is the correct version

Does somebody know where all the special symbols are explained? What are these for?
1.) There are some kind of books e.g. in the oral traditions civic. This could be something like education or knowledge. Are there any more explanations?
2.) There are some green symbols, maybe something related to disease. The alpha female reduces these by 2. Any more info?
3.) There are some kind of gear wheels. E.g. the alpha male reduces these. Again what is it?
There may be more?

3. is handcuffs and is crime. 1 and 2 are as you guessed. There is also flamiblity (flames), air pollution (dirty clouds) and water pollution. These are all properties. In the city screen where Resources are displayed there is a tab that will display Properties instead. The people who developed these have been slack and not written the concept pages for them.

Are the people who developed them still around? Or someone who knows exactly how they work? Cause I'd really like to see some guide about them. I can't currently play to take screenies or anything but I remember them being either broken or very confusing. Like if I had -20/turn crime in a town, next turn it would be -18 or so even if I didn't build any building, change civic, move unit, etc. that affects crime rate. Same with other properties, they seem to have their /turn values changed for no apparent reason.

Are the people who developed them still around? Or someone who knows exactly how they work? Cause I'd really like to see some guide about them. I can't currently play to take screenies or anything but I remember them being either broken or very confusing. Like if I had -20/turn crime in a town, next turn it would be -18 or so even if I didn't build any building, change civic, move unit, etc. that affects crime rate. Same with other properties, they seem to have their /turn values changed for no apparent reason.
I am not one of the experts but I think I know what is going on in this case (it is explained in the civipedia under c2c concepts - crime): if you have -2 crime total it will stabilze around -20. That means there is some random fluctuation which is what you are seeing but the goal value is constant at -20 (10* your -2)

I am a bit surprised to notice that education is negative. It extends the anarchy length (argumentative awareness). Should we really try to keep the education low?
But as yet I do not see any negative effects of crime which would seem more natural to me.

Edit: I did not see at once that the education has very important positive effects

technical question here.

I have BTS installed on my D: drive, along with the mod. It's installed on steam. I have a SSD however with enough free space, which would probably improve performance for the mod. Is there an easy way to move it around to my SSD?

technical question here.

I have BTS installed on my D: drive, along with the mod. It's installed on steam. I have a SSD however with enough free space, which would probably improve performance for the mod. Is there an easy way to move it around to my SSD?

Not really. I don't have a steam version of BtS but I had to reinstall it to the SSD and then reinstall the mods.

is there a way to change how far north or south the different civs can start at?

i think the starting spots in the arctic areas with green and muddy terrain in the middle of snow and tundra looks ridiculous.

is there a way to change how far north or south the different civs can start at?

i think the starting spots in the arctic areas with green and muddy terrain in the middle of snow and tundra looks ridiculous.
\

Try a different map maybe? And What map did you use?

JosEPh

Ever tried Perfect Mongoose? Do you like the naval aspect of the game? Then Islands, Archipelago, or Custom Continents make for very good use of navies.

JosEPh

Agree with J-II about Perfect Mongoose. Hit the Custom Continents, tweak and peak for flavor, then start B-lining sea techs. End results = one really enjoyable game where competing navies turn the oceans into one huge slobber knocker :). For some strange reason, the AI does really well on this type of map.

Oh, just for added amusement, check RB on, AggAI, and AI plays to win, just to see what happens (Hint; ever seen a barb destroyer before? Mwahahaha!)

I have a minor issue: On the scoreboard there is no icon showing each civ's state religion. I cheched the BUG options, but there is no alternative there. Is this a bug, or am I looking in all the wrong places?

Top Bottom