Rhye's and Fall of Civilization for Warlords

I will give a re-try to level Viceroy with 1.92

Sorry i'm versatile like a dvd :D

I've always preferred Cthulhu. At least you know where you stand ;)

I don't know if anyone read my second to last post, but is there a way to fix this? I don't know how the game is reading "Central America and Southern US". Please help :confused:

Thanks Rhye--although even when I got rid of everyone in the Caribbean, it still said NO on the screen. Is this a bug?

The mod looks like great fun - I'll try and DL it as soon as I nhave some spare time from school :p
Btw, Did I just hear you signature with a citat by Frank Zappa? That man was (dead, sadly) such a wonderful person! Just started hearing some of his music, also seen his entry in Crossfire (search Youtube). I have another nifty citat by Frank Zappa to end this short reply:
"So, Frank, you've got long hair, does that make you a woman?"
"You've got a wooden leg, does that make you a table?"
That man was a geniuS!

-Diamondeye

Hi - I love playing rhye's mod and play it a lot - however for my own use I would like to tweak the mod to my own tastes and I have a feeling quite a few other people would like this functionality too.

The main thing I don't like is the speed - everything happens too fast!! I have tried editing the python and XML scripts to adjust the game speed and the dates (riseandfall.py) for the birth of nations etc but this doesn't seem to work right?? It appears that there are some things which are hard-coded into the .dll file -so my question is....

Is is possible to set up the mod so that either the game can be played at marathon-type speeds or at least editable (through a set up file that controls the birth of nations) ? This would be excellent such that everything pre-1700 can enjoyed with greater depth and detail (rise of persia, alexander, rise and fall of rome, medieval ages etc). At the moment the eras pass by so quick that nothing can be built in time (units or buildings) - many techs cannot keep up with the years realisitically and there is NO time to re-enact the campaigns, wars of the ages etc.

For example, as playing as England (and I even tweaked the British Isles to give more reources and land) I rarely have researched Guilds which gives knights by 1300AD let alone build any. Another is Engineering which I struggle to get by 1100-1200 - considering that in reality (mail clad/plate armour) knights were on the scene by at least 1100AD and in less advanced forms much earlier, and castles much earlier again this needs more time in the game.

On the other hand I find that some of the seafaring aspects are researched to quick - I think that some more intermediate techs/units are needed -as caravels arrive too soon and usually someone has cirmcumnavigated the globe by 1200AD but they still haven't invented the Knight??

Thanks - I hope that people agree with this??

I agree with this.
I am not a particularly good Civ player and I played with Rome on Prince level. It was almost impossible for me to conquer the historical teritories of te Roman Empire. I strongly agree that the speed and research times should be slower to be able to enjoy all the Rises and Falls of the great Civilisations as mentioned in the quotation above.
Or at least have the option to slow it down. Marathon speed.

Great mode and idea in any case.

I'm addicted to Civ 4 but I'm also too scared to try the higher levels. I just got my hand on Rhye's and Fall and I'm notice these "Natives" keep showing up at will, within my borders, without any notice or soveriegn land.

I read the instructions but there's not a lot of info given on them. I'm playing with Egypt, so I'm trying to get my hands on as much of the African mainland as possible. Even so, will this get rid of the Natives? I can't produce anything because they show up right on top of my Marble quarries and destroy everything. Or are they the remedy to make sure my civilization falls? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom