Sevo's Civilopedia

par excellence. This project really deserves front page treatment for wider exposure.

I ran into a problem that showed up a few times causing the civlo to not display anything. Well the 3rd time that happed to me I came back to this thread to find I had missed a few fixes since the 1.8 version.. I'm assuming the bug I ran into has already been fixed.

That leads into my one small little comment... could you add the version number to the sevlo in game so merely looking at it we can recall the numbering system lol.

Amazing mod btw, been reading the civlopedia quite a bit, now that it's organized.

Cheers!
-Liq

Meatpuck said:
I would first like to congratulate you with your great mod :goodjob:

It works just fine for me but instead of 'Promotions' over on the far left it reads: 'TXT_KEY_PEDIA_CATEGORY_UPGRADES'

What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

That happend to me to. Have copied the sevopedia map into "C:\Documents and Settings\My name\My document\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\screens", just like it sayd in the readme file. It's only the "unit upgrades text" that is gone. You can still see the unit upgrade table on right. I have also tried this realism mod pack from here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=151947. They have includet sevos program into it. When I run this realism mod, I do not encounter this problem in sevopedia. Realism mod is copyed to "D:\Programfiles\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods".

How are their only 128 views of the save?

man this project is just too good to wallow in obscurity.

Get thunder to front page it, it's worth the download.

So love the sevlopedia.

Cheers!
-Liq

129 views in the less then 72 hours... not to bad.:p But yeah, this needs to be hotlinked, made a sticky thread, and the code given to the makers of Civ4 to put in their next patch... unless they snag it without asking.:p

Maybe add support for easy switching to bigger icons in the list (smal/half/full).

Zuul said:
Maybe add support for easy switching to bigger icons in the list (smal/half/full).

I could do that easily enough. I'll look into it once I'm done with this religion addon that's sucking up my life!

Liquidated said:
How are their only 128 views of the save?
man this project is just too good to wallow in obscurity.
Get thunder to front page it, it's worth the download.
So love the sevlopedia.

Cheers!
-Liq

alerum68 said:
129 views in the less then 72 hours... not to bad.:p But yeah, this needs to be hotlinked, made a sticky thread, and the code given to the makers of Civ4 to put in their next patch... unless they snag it without asking.:p

Thanks guys! :)

Sevo said:
I could do that easily enough. I'll look into it once I'm done with this religion addon that's sucking up my life!

Nice :). Beacuse it's nice to have big icons if you want to take a screen shot for my Promotion mod :p.

Sevo@

I *Think* the sevlo pedia geeks on the anti cheat toggle, you may want to try that... none of my sg's are still using it so rather not eff with my civ setup but...

Start a custom game and toggle the anti cheat box in creation. Save the game once loaded and if you get the error, well it's prolly sevlo.

I'll try and do this but have more than a few SG's to handle so low on time.

If it does geek, a fast installer uninstaller ala blue marble/civscale would just own.

Just an idea.

Cheers!
-Liq

Sevo: This mod is so very great! Combining all the diffrent mods into this one makes the game so fricking fun to play.

Just dropped by to show some support and gratitute!

Drogear said:
Sevo: This mod is so very great! Combining all the diffrent mods into this one makes the game so fricking fun to play.

Just dropped by to show some support and gratitute!

I think you're referring to Sevomod, which is Sevo's inclusive mod, not his revision of the Civilopedia, which is just that. ;)

Liquidated said:
I *Think* the sevlo pedia geeks on the anti cheat toggle, you may want to try that... none of my sg's are still using it so rather not eff with my civ setup but...

Start a custom game and toggle the anti cheat box in creation. Save the game once loaded and if you get the error, well it's prolly sevlo.

Heh...at first I couldn't figure out what you meant by "geek". :crazyeye:

Anyway, I think I understand what you're saying. So I loaded just the sevopedia mod, started a custom game, and hit the no-cheating toggle. The game started fine. I planted my settler and played a few quick turns, then saved. I reloaded no problemo, played a few more turns, then saved again. I did this like 3 times without any problem. Is this where you were having problems? Or was there something else?

I can't think of any reason the 'pedia wouldn't play nice with the no-cheating toggle...

ok cool. Not sure what the anit cheat was geeking on then, I ended up reinstalling civ completely and then placing marble and sevlo in. By the time I placed your pedia files into the folders, rb-10 had dropped the anti cheat toggle anyway.

Good to know there's zero reason for me to ever remove the sevlopedia except to update it :)

Again, I wish to extend my sincerest respect for your mod. Takes a bizantine mess and organizes in such a way that that I've found myself reading the entires for no particular reason other than to explore it.

CheerS
-Liq

Can I install this to the mods folder or similar under Program Files and use it as a loadable module, or does it have to be in the My Documents tree?

Exavier said:
MP games disable the CustomAssets folder... to use it in MP games you would have to make it a standalone mod and make sure everyone has it :(

Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks.

What do you mean by standalone mod? All my mods currently go into C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets. I don't use the Load Mod feature in the Advanced menu.

HI, i still get this "error":

TXT_KEY_PEDIA_CATEGORY_UPGRADES'

I deleted custom assets, i checked that file vovan told to check for, but nothing...

The only thing I couldnt do is delete de cache file, I couldnt find it anywhere.

Any clues?

BTW the sevo´s great!!!

Mysterio10000 said:
Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks.

What do you mean by standalone mod? All my mods currently go into C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets. I don't use the Load Mod feature in the Advanced menu.

Thats what i mean by a Standalone Mod... take my Composite Mod for example. To install it you put it in the gameinstallfolder\Mods\ instead of the CustomAssets folder... the downside is you have to activate it to play it and it doesn't like to play nice with CustomAssets mods... the upside is I have managed MP compatability as long as all the players have the mod activated.

Exavier said:
Thats what i mean by a Standalone Mod... take my Composite Mod for example. To install it you put it in the gameinstallfolder\Mods\ instead of the CustomAssets folder... the downside is you have to activate it to play it and it doesn't like to play nice with CustomAssets mods... the upside is I have managed MP compatability as long as all the players have the mod activated.

Ah! Thanks for the explanation, Exavier.

Rockero said:
HI, i still get this "error":

TXT_KEY_PEDIA_CATEGORY_UPGRADES'

I deleted custom assets, i checked that file vovan told to check for, but nothing...

The only thing I couldnt do is delete de cache file, I couldnt find it anywhere.

Any clues?

BTW the sevo´s great!!!

Weird. It seems you lost a file somewhere along the way. I just checked the posted version and it contains the data you appear to be missing. Beats me. Anyway, to fix your problem, download the file below and it put it in your sevopedia directory, or whatever mod you incorporated it into, in this directory:

/mods/[whatever_mod_name]/assets/xml/Text/

That should fix things.

(Should have hard coded it...one less file to lose. Everyone speaks English, right?...right?...hello?...)

Attachments

• CIV4GameText_UnitUpgrades.zip
    417 bytes · Views: 128
Top Bottom