Warhammer Fantasy Battles

After playing your mod i got a sudden urge to bring my old Warhammer units out of the basement and start painting them :D unfortunally the all paint was severly dried up :lol:

A suggestion that you maybe already have thought of... when you promote a unit to flagbearer why not add a flagbearer to the group?

And what does the trait "Hiding" do?

Can't find any scenarios

Hi guys, hope you enjoy this hard piece of work ;) adding a flagbearer to the promotion, isnt that easy, i fear it would requiere some sever coding to change unitgraphics with promotions... furthermore we still need a good new animation for someone carriing the flag (otherwise it looks quiete wierd in battle, believe me ;) )

how can you hire mercenaries?
i get to the mercenary screen pressing Alt+M and see a list of mercenaries available but clicking on them i just get information about them, i cannot manage to get them hired...
thx

vicentiko said:
how can you hire mercenaries?
i get to the mercenary screen pressing Alt+M and see a list of mercenaries available but clicking on them i just get information about them, i cannot manage to get them hired...
thx

Do you have enough money to hire them? If you don't, the little icon to hire them will not show.

Been following the development of this mod for some time now. It's already a great fun to play and its got a huge potential, even made me dust of my little high elven army. Music and models are awesome! :goodjob:

Anyway, in one game I get a CTD when I end the turn, as far as I can tell I've added all the patches (including the one supplied by Kael... I think...). However, my computer has been acting up lately and considering I cant even access the worldbuilder anymore in this savegame without a crash I dont know if the problem is with the mod or my stupid computer. Still, I'll attach the savegame if anyone's interested.

Considering I'm rather new to all this I apologize in advance if I'm just wasting your time. :D

@ CarpeDiem: no, i dont think nagash is in anymore, though i havent played this most recent one. :blush:
I think the development crew decided that Nagash is more of a demigod than a leader, becaeuse all he really does ( in the fluff anyway) is sit in his evil fortress creating undead armys and sending them on their way. he dosnt actually command them as such, he leaves that up to his vampiric minions.
EDIT: i think Nagash might end up being a hero once we get heroes in the game. not too sue though. we might have to wait and see:D

@ darkdone: im going to post a word document that has all the Warhammer details that i have dug up so far on here for everyone to read, and get into the spirit of things. it will have some information on each 'civilisation' and most leaders, and a fair bit of background of the Warhammer World. or, if you cant wait for that, check out the official Warhammer website. just go to 'www.warhammer.com' and click on one of the flags on the right side of the screen (you should see what i mean when you get there;) )

Stellan_87 said:
After playing your mod i got a sudden urge to bring my old Warhammer units out of the basement and start painting them :D unfortunally the all paint was severly dried up :lol:

A suggestion that you maybe already have thought of... when you promote a unit to flagbearer why not add a flagbearer to the group?

And what does the trait "Hiding" do?

Can't find any scenarios

Hiding isn´t coded right now, like Ploe said in post #1 or #2
We´ll still have to see what it will actually do, but I´m quite certain that it will at least hide your terrain in a fog of war for all others.

Scenarios aren´t in the mod right now because it´s still early beta status. But the Mod was designed to have a lot of scenarios in the distant future - however, first we´ll have to get the original Mod "finished", so scenarios can be made.

I'd love to try this mod out but so far no luck...When I get into Civ4 I choose to Load a Mod, then I select the WHFB mod...the game then says it has to restart in order to play...I then hit ok, and for the next 10 minutes I get to stare at my desktop before finally giving up and trying again hehe. Essentially I keep getting this damn CTD issue.

nvm....idk what I did different...maybe 3rd times a charm? hehe. But I gave it one last try and it suddenly worked...Pretty cool overall..didn't come across any noticeable bugs at all really. I think with enough spit and polish it could become quite the cool mod

maybe the third time you just waited long enough.

It takes some time until this baby is loaded, but 10 minutes sound really a little bit too long.

And welcome to Civfanatics :beer: Glad you were convinced enough to make your first post here ;)

Duke - who is supposed to build Camps? I see that workers can't. :confused:

edit - nevermind, I looked in XML and saw that scouts and explorers could. That's fine, but shouldn't workers be able to as well?

Hm, doesn´t make sense to me that elven workers can build camps and other ones not. I remember myself giving the bonus to scouts and removing them from workers. Maybe I forgot to do that for elven workers. But I think Ploe did put this back in (should be all or none, I do not really like this solution, maybe we should switch back to workers building camps).

man, this game is good, this game going to kick every other mods ass out there, except for Fall from Heaven 2, cause the power of this and Fall from Heaven 2 are equal.

So far this mod is most fun to play. I'd say it competes with fall from heaven mostly to the point that I understand the backgrounds of the various civs without reading anything about it. Ffh is cool, but unusual.

I encountered an odd bug during my plays but I couldn't help with a save game because well... I didn't save :sad: It all started with some python error and then suddenly all my temples were gone. Most extraordinary. If I can reproduce the error I will for sure post it, but I must admit I didn't download the patch yet so I'll download that before I try to reproduce the error.
I also have the problem with the non-moving Pegasus but I'll try to fix that myself first.

Something I'd like to remark is about the flag bearer (and follow up) promotion. I think that a flag bearing unit should have some effect on the entire stack, like the medic promotion. Flag bearers always give a kind of morale boost reminding everybody who they are fighting for and if it is cut down... then the battle must be going not well.
My second remark is about the kraken sea animal barbarian thing... I know you probably just took this modcomponent as it is, but maybe it doesn't make too much sense to have krakens go around coastal zones. I always imagined them to be in the deeper bodies of water, like oceans or seas. After all, the thing is HUGE.. wouldn't want it to get stuck on a beach like some sad whale or dolphin.

Great mod. I like the graphics and the many unique units especially. However, is there a way to remove religions from your cities?

Can't stress it enough, this mod is great so far. (Same goes for FFH!!)

Ok the pegasus error seems to be caused by the tag saying pegasus is an animal.

I changed the animal tag from 1 to 0 and now it can move.

Joosty said:
My second remark is about the kraken sea animal barbarian thing... I know you probably just took this modcomponent as it is, but maybe it doesn't make too much sense to have krakens go around coastal zones. I always imagined them to be in the deeper bodies of water, like oceans or seas. After all, the thing is HUGE.. wouldn't want it to get stuck on a beach like some sad whale or dolphin.

I thought a similar thing, actually. If I get a chance I'd like to model more sea monsters. I don't know if anyone else ever played Man O' War, the naval combat Warhammer game, but it included nine monsters. They were the Kraken, Leviathan (giant whale), Sea Dragon, Megaladon (giant shark), Sea Elemental, Triton, and the Gargantuan, Behemoth, and Promethean. I can't remember what the last three were, but I know one was a giant crab. It'd be nice to flesh out the sea monsters, but it's a pretty low priority I guess.

Top Bottom