Planetfall

Huzzah! im going to try this out, it looks very promising :p

( ive made some giant mushroom resource modles in 3DSMax, but havent .made them workable in civ yet. would giant toadstools work for your fungus forests, or do you need something more alien?)

Heres a pic of my mushrooms:
Spoiler :

Nice...if you could only use the soundbytes for techs from AC but I figure that breaks some copyright law.

I guess for starters, I'd like to say that I am quite thrilled to see this mod finally available for the public. And crash-free, etc. Thanks! :D

Of course, I can't help but look where the mod might use some improvements anyway. Right now, my main concern has been how the xenofungus tends to bloom haphazardly, even in the very early game. Considering the fungus seems to provide negative health, and tends to spread to cities that have low health, such spread tends to spiral out of control. I decided to try to stop this by modding the health effect of fungus from -0.5 to +0.3, but for some reason the fungus continues to lower health and spread haphazardly. Would it be possible for something to be done here so it won't be necessary to spend much of the game playing whack-a-mole with this terrain feature? If this is being looked into, thanks. ^^

Awesome! Will try it out today!
Thanks Maniac.:hatsoff:

Well, IF certain buildings are required to construct certain stuff, a Nanoreplicator could abandon this approach and make the base be able to produce everything without the need of specific manufacturing facilities.
If this is not the case, an idea is that a Nanoreplicator disbands all previous mineral-enhancing facilities, or at least their negative effects (like for instance the extra drone from the GeneJack facility in SMAC.
A third option is that Nanites (which the Nanoreplicator provides so to speak) act as a sort of production decreaser like marble, stone and gold do for wonders in CIV.

Or a combination of the above of course. ;)

Cool ideas. Eg perhaps a Nanoreplicator could act like the Recycling Center in default civ4, removing the unhealth effects from buildings?

Note: I haven't ever really touched the files of Civ4, so I know almost nothing about modding. But: If you could need a German translator... let me know. I own the original game in German, so I also have access to a genuine translation, helping me to keep the feel for newly introduced concepts/buildings/stuff.

If you want, just check out the text files, translate some stuff and attach them here. Though it's probably still early-stage to do this.

Huzzah! im going to try this out, it looks very promising :p

( ive made some giant mushroom resource modles in 3DSMax, but havent .made them workable in civ yet. would giant toadstools work for your fungus forests, or do you need something more alien?)

Heres a pic of my mushrooms:
Spoiler :

Those graphics look awesome, but err, not really what SMAC fungal forests look like. :mischief:

Of course, I can't help but look where the mod might use some improvements anyway.

Telling how much Planetfall sucks is encouraged, in fact the reason this is posted public.

Right now, my main concern has been how the xenofungus tends to bloom haphazardly, even in the very early game. Considering the fungus seems to provide negative health, and tends to spread to cities that have low health, such spread tends to spiral out of control. I decided to try to stop this by modding the health effect of fungus from -0.5 to +0.3, but for some reason the fungus continues to lower health and spread haphazardly. Would it be possible for something to be done here so it won't be necessary to spend much of the game playing whack-a-mole with this terrain feature? If this is being looked into, thanks. ^^

I assume you mean fungal blooms and not natural fungus growth? The frequency of fungal blooms depends on the positive and negative Planet modifiers available. Should fungus give a higher positive Planet? Or the biology lab? Should population have a lower effect? Getting the frequency of fungal blooms right will require lots of playtesting!

i wait till this game get patched up and get rid of the bugs and asset errors before I play this again, this remind me of this roanoake mod that died. This game is great and It's better then that game, however the major bugs and also the lack of a working settler recommended settle spot circles made me wnat to just play something else.

get rid of the bugs and asset and add some more things that make the game better, I will come back after a couple of patches. I also recommand a soundtrack and a new intro screen for your mod.

Telling how much Planetfall sucks is encouraged, in fact the reason this is posted public.
That sounds promising. ^^
I assume you mean fungal blooms and not natural fungus growth? The frequency of fungal blooms depends on the positive and negative Planet modifiers available. Should fungus give a higher positive Planet? Or the biology lab? Should population have a lower effect? Getting the frequency of fungal blooms right will require lots of playtesting!
Yes, the fungal blooms. I think they're showing up too much.

Two years ago when I played my first and only successful Transcend-level game (map too large for other factions to reach me), I was able to run free market and place a borehole in every four squares. And yet I didn't see a fungal pop until I was maybe 40% through the tech tree, while those that did show up were almost instantly wiped out and reversed by my horde of terraformers.

In the original game, fungal pops would raise with both industry and environmentally disruptive terrain features. Perhaps these should be the main causes of fungal blooms, and only when used past a certain significant threshold (which may be affected by other things). It would also help if the countermeasures to fungal blooms be adequate.

As a final suggestion, perhaps fungal blooms shouldn't come with mind worms readily available. If the advancement of mind worms toward ecologically disruptive factions needs to still exist, I think I'd prefer they enter from just outside my borders instead of form inside them. I generally prefer my terraformers have enough time to run away if an enemy approaches.

Ok, i just had a short game of the mod.

First impressions are that it looks like it could be a great mod, but i realise there is still a tonne of work that needs to go into it.

It took me quite a while to understand what the new terrains and everything did, and it took me even longer to realise i could move over 'highlands' :p.

The promotions 'beam', 'missile' and 'Kinetic' dont mean anything to me, whats the difference between them?

The Xenofungus is really tedious. I would manage to get my 'formers' to clear the fungus, but then as soon as they did this a new spot of xenofungus would pop up, and with it a mindworm! is that intentional? because i really dont think its fair having mindworms pop up in your boarders and kill all your formers :(

you obviously already know this, but, there are a lot of buttons and graphics missing. i could offer my help wiht making buttons, particularly for improvements, terrains, and resources (because those are the things i think need buttons the most)

also, a lot of the city arts are missing, like Gaia's Stepdaughters, and i know that somone made some excelent art for them :(

Now i dont mean to sound like i dont like this mod, i actually really enjoyed it, untill the xenofungus got too much for me :p
I agree with Anon Zytose, the fungal blooms are showing up WAY too frequently, and those accompanying mind worms... :p

anyway, thats my 2c :) great work Maniac

Some remarks:
  • Texture wise, some graphics look rather plain. For instance the rover, rainy graphics on flatland and such.
  • Is anything done on the speed settings yet? I started a game on Quick, but it nevertheless took ages (like anything between 20-40 turns) for the first research/construction and stuff to be finished.
  • When I founded my second base, it started to have culture growth until 4/5th of the slider. Then it stopped. I did had a sort of assertion failure around that time, but don't remember if it was related.
  • There's no clear distinction on when seaformers can go through seafungus inside cultural borders and when outside. I feel it is better to have this unit or be able to go through seafungus inside AND outside cultural borders at the same time, or not. All or nothing so to speak. Also, the (mosttimes) lack of visible seafungus on the map is quite annoying.

Nanoreplicator sounds like a bad name for a Recycling Center though. Shouldnt it you know....replicate things so more of a Forge effect for it's name would do.

What about the Unit Designer? Is it unworkable in Civ4s engine?

The unit designer is something we're waiting to implement. There's been quite a bit of discussion and some preliminary work. Frankly though it's an "added value" feature and is not critical to the gameplay.

Wodan

One other thing that got my attention was the layout of the tech tree.

Like I had planned to, I took a look at the tech tree and I can't help but think that someone going through it would lose much sense of direction, or may skip ahead to stuff near the very end. As many of you may recall, I have a program with which I can take a tech tree and take the average number of choices available after each number of tech advances researched. Games like SMAC and Civ4 produced results that averaged in the range of four to five and a half. For the tech tree I proposed in July, I tried to keep the average kinda close to six.

For the current version of Planetfall, ignoring once the number of options drops to zero, I got a geometric mean of about 13 and a median of about 16.
Spoiler :

Perhaps the largest issue is that a vast majority of the tech advances each have two OR-advances, while the number of advances in one level would climb to maybe nine or ten in some places. As a means of ensuring each advance is worth getting, even if not directly, I suggest as many as possible each be absolutely necessary for at least one other tech advance. And perhaps in at least a third of the cases, two others.

Now, if your goal is for the player to be able to skip most of the tech tree until there's nothing else to research (even eventually) , while having the average number of tech choices rise past 19 in the early/mid game... I believe that has been accomplished. However, I personally wouldn't prioritize having 86% of the tech advances be potential dead ends.

I imagine the advances in the tree could use some switching around as well. There should probably be more. (I'd like to see a return of teleportation, sociometrics, quantum machinery, etc.) And I'd figure a number of those in place should be rearranged. For example, I wouldn't think to put Gene Splicing so late in the game. And if Terraforming is one of the last few advancements, then what are the Formers available from the start doing?

TimeTraveler!!!

Very interesting analysis! Your findings suggest to me that the technology tree is actually 4 or 5 different technology trees in one (technology tree "paths"), and once you've researched the first few technologies you basically know which technology tree "path" you are on and you disregard all the remaining technology tree "paths".

If each technology tree "path" is equally attractive, but radically different in terms of strategic approach, wouldn't this indicate simply a different approach to the standard "Civilization Technology Tree" rather than a technology tree with 80% dead ends?

So... downloaded it, played around with it, played the first 100ish turns of two games (just to test).

So... some comments, using GeoModder's post as starting point:
Some remarks:
  • Texture wise, some graphics look rather plain. For instance the rover, rainy graphics on flatland and such.
  • Is anything done on the speed settings yet? I started a game on Quick, but it nevertheless took ages (like anything between 20-40 turns) for the first research/construction and stuff to be finished.
  • When I founded my second base, it started to have culture growth until 4/5th of the slider. Then it stopped. I did had a sort of assertion failure around that time, but don't remember if it was related.
  • There's no clear distinction on when seaformers can go through seafungus inside cultural borders and when outside. I feel it is better to have this unit or be able to go through seafungus inside AND outside cultural borders at the same time, or not. All or nothing so to speak. Also, the (mosttimes) lack of visible seafungus on the map is quite annoying.
On GeoModder's points:
1) I actually like the terrain graphics, they are very SMAC-ish. Gives me nostalgia, but I feel the ocean is far to bright... I think it should be darker...
2) The speed is really a bit bothering, as the techs are too slow or give not enough buildings. I have to spam units, as I have no production sink (as convert to something).
3) Haven't encountered this yet...
4) The seafungus invisibility is *really* annoying, as you cannot see what you're doing. I also think the normal fungus is a bit overdone... It should less obtrusive.

Okay, further things:
- The unhealthy due to jungle bothers me a lot, frankly. I cannot understand it:
1) In SMAC, you were happy to find the monsoon jungle, as it was a great boon.
2) If people can live in a closed, air-tight habitat (because you cannot breath on Chiron), I fail to see how the proximity of a jungle causes a decrease of health.

- Yeah... the tech tree... it's a bit wonky... but Anon Zytose was much better at explaining it - I agree with his observations.
The unit designer is something we're waiting to implement. There's been quite a bit of discussion and some preliminary work. Frankly though it's an "added value" feature and is not critical to the gameplay.

Wodan
Please keep that a low priority thing. Getting pre-made units with a well-working mod is much better than sinking to much time into it... But you guys know that too. :)

i wait till this game get patched up and get rid of the bugs and asset errors before I play this again, this remind me of this roanoake mod that died. This game is great and It's better then that game, however the major bugs and also the lack of a working settler recommended settle spot circles made me wnat to just play something else.

get rid of the bugs and asset and add some more things that make the game better, I will come back after a couple of patches. I also recommand a soundtrack and a new intro screen for your mod.

Do you mean assert errors instead of asset errors?
Anyway, if you were expecting a fully playable game you'd probably be disappointed. I don't know - Perhaps I should add a "disclaimer" in the OP that at this stage the mod will only interest people who want to help develop it or playtest it?

fungal blooms

On a general note, I don't think the level of Planet hostility in SMAC should be taken as the benchmark for Planetfall. In SMAC you could rape Planet with ease. I'd prefer Planet to have teeth in Planetfall. ;) That being said, a quickfix for now so that fungal blooms don't occur too early could be to let each base start with say 2 or 3 Planet, so it takes a while before you start having negative Planet? (For each net negative Planet there is 1% chance each turn you'll get a fungal bloom.) Also if fungal blooms become whack-a-mole, the frequency of fungal blooms could be reduced, but the severity of each fungal bloom increased. Though we'll probably have to wait until we have some psi combat implementation to test that.

Btw, could you and other who experience too many fungal blooms perhaps please post a screenie showing the game year, flowering counter (that number added at the top) and some cities (and their sizes)? A screenshot of a base screen showing the causes of negative Planet would also be handy.

The promotions 'beam', 'missile' and 'Kinetic' dont mean anything to me, whats the difference between them?

Weapons are currently divided in three categories, each giving a different effect. I haven't bothered to actually implement that difference though, as the current unit system is more or less a placeholder.

This is something along the lines we were thinking about:

Kinetic:
no counterpromotion,
Air units: bonus to bomb mission -> I was thinking of not making this inherent to kinetic weapons, but rather make it a "Kinetic Harpoons" promotion/special ability which can be put on kinetic needlejets and gravships with Orbital Engineering

Beam:
interception chance against air units and ranged bombardment (eg artillery)
later weapons: collateral damage

Missiles
Terrain defense bonus negation
Sea & Air units: +1 or 2 air range (since ships start with 0 air range, this would de facto give ships a ranged bombardment ability

you obviously already know this, but, there are a lot of buttons and graphics missing. i could offer my help wiht making buttons, particularly for improvements, terrains, and resources (because those are the things i think need buttons the most)

W00t that would be awesome! Terrains may change in the near future, so perhaps better to wait a little with that, but terrain improvements and resources would be very useful. Btw, please check out the Graphics task list if you have skills in that area! :D

Texture wise, some graphics look rather plain. For instance the rover, rainy graphics on flatland and such.
Also, the (mosttimes) lack of visible seafungus on the map is quite annoying.

Let's hope going public will attract extra graphical guys to address these issues. :)

Is anything done on the speed settings yet? I started a game on Quick, but it nevertheless took ages (like anything between 20-40 turns) for the first research/construction and stuff to be finished.

Yeah I'm assuming the current costs will change a lot as the mod develops. Any suggestions with how much to decrease research & construction costs at the moment?

When I founded my second base, it started to have culture growth until 4/5th of the slider. Then it stopped. I did had a sort of assertion failure around that time, but don't remember if it was related.

As a way to reward positive Planet besides not having fungal blooms, you get +1 culture for each positive Planet. Though if each base starts with some positive Planet, the moment extra culture kicks in should probably be somewhat delayed.

You probably experienced the "culture bar assert". (see buglist)

There's no clear distinction on when seaformers can go through seafungus inside cultural borders and when outside. I feel it is better to have this unit or be able to go through seafungus inside AND outside cultural borders at the same time, or not. All or nothing so to speak.

Reason for that rather messy situation is that if I just give aquaformer impassability for ocean tiles, they can still move on sea fungus even if it's on ocean tiles and possibly cross to another continent. And while some limited exploration with them seems ok, I don't want aquaformers to be able to explore the whole world that early in the game. ;) I don't know - perhaps an alternative solution could be to make them unable to enter unexplored territory (like spies), but always able to enter fungus.

I imagine the advances in the tree could use some switching around as well. There should probably be more. (I'd like to see a return of teleportation, sociometrics, quantum machinery, etc.)

Before adding new techs and expanding the tree, we should first have enough ideas to fill the current tree! :D The last half of the tree looks rather empty at the moment. Suggestions very welcome!

Btw, Eudaimonia, Terraforming and Stable Neutronium are all repeatedly researchable "Future Techs".

And I'd figure a number of those in place should be rearranged. For example, I wouldn't think to put Gene Splicing so late in the game. And if Terraforming is one of the last few advancements, then what are the Formers available from the start doing?

Those are minor naming issues IMO. Just think of Gene Splicing as Genetics V and Terraforming as "Advanced Terraforming" or "being able to completely eliminate Planet Terraforming". ;)

TimeTraveler!!!

Very interesting analysis! Your findings suggest to me that the technology tree is actually 4 or 5 different technology trees in one (technology tree "paths"), and once you've researched the first few technologies you basically know which technology tree "path" you are on and you disregard all the remaining technology tree "paths".

If each technology tree "path" is equally attractive, but radically different in terms of strategic approach, wouldn't this indicate simply a different approach to the standard "Civilization Technology Tree" rather than a technology tree with 80% dead ends?

Yep I see no problem with many of the techs staying unresearched in one particular game, as long as they are all more or less equally attractive and a completely different research path may be followed in another game. Though I hope that once the first few techs are discovered, you don't always know what you're gonna do or have to do the rest of the game. There are plenty of opportunities to change course in the middle of the game.

Of course there's a potential issue that 20 research choices may overwhelm novice players. (Personally I do not find this problematic as I plan my research using the F6 screen, which gives a better overall picture) An issue of added gameplay value versus interface constraints

I also think the normal fungus is a bit overdone... It should less obtrusive.

I agree! Let's hope someone notices this. :mischief:

Okay, further things:
- The unhealthy due to jungle bothers me a lot, frankly. I cannot understand it:
1) In SMAC, you were happy to find the monsoon jungle, as it was a great boon.
2) If people can live in a closed, air-tight habitat (because you cannot breath on Chiron), I fail to see how the proximity of a jungle causes a decrease of health.

The idea is that monsoon jungle is beneficial, but that you have to make some efforts to reap the fruits. I suggest researching Biogenetics as your first tech. The Biology Lab is intended to half unhealthiness from features, but that isn't working at the moment. :mischief: Will hopefully be fixed soon.

Regarding 2)

Code:
Although Planet's native life is based, like Earth's, on right-handed
DNA, and codes for all the same amino acids, the inevitable chemical
and structural differences from a billion years of evolution in an
alien environment render the native plant life highly poisonous
to humans. Juicy, ripe grenade fruits may look appealing, but a
mouthful of organonitrates will certainly change your mind in a hurry.
^
^        -- Lady Deirdre Skye,
^           "A Comparative Biology of Planet"

So you could assume that the Monsoon Jungle has some potentially very useful flora and/or fauna, but that it requires some medical research to negate the unheathy side effects.

Weapons are currently divided in three categories, each giving a different effect. I haven't bothered to actually implement that difference though, as the current unit system is more or less a placeholder.

This is something along the lines we were thinking about:

Kinetic:
no counterpromotion,
Air units: bonus to bomb mission -> I was thinking of not making this inherent to kinetic weapons, but rather make it a "Kinetic Harpoons" promotion/special ability which can be put on kinetic needlejets and gravships with Orbital Engineering

Beam:
interception chance against air units and ranged bombardment (eg artillery)
later weapons: collateral damage

Missiles
Terrain defense bonus negation
Sea & Air units: +1 or 2 air range (since ships start with 0 air range, this would de facto give ships a ranged bombardment ability

Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification :)

W00t that would be awesome! Terrains may change in the near future, so perhaps better to wait a little with that, but terrain improvements and resources would be very useful. Btw, please check out the Graphics task list if you have skills in that area!

Ill check out that list now :p

As a side note: what kind of Leader traits and what not are planned? im really interested to see what each leader's characteristics are.

TimeTraveler!!!

Rubin!

This makes me think of the technology layouts of GalCiv2 and Master of Orion. They had what I suppose would be paths. With Civ and games very similar to it, however, I don't see separate paths, unless you count very short paths from one tech advance directly to another. What I instead see is a huge mesh. where everything is interwoven. And I like that. ^^ This is more loose in some tech charts than others. And with the current chart, one could basically choose which tech advances are needed most while fashioning the most desirable layout on how to get there. And there will be many choices.

Below the single mesh of the tech tree as a whole, I look at each tech advance individually. At this level, almost every tech advance could be skipped if it isn't the destination tech advance. Although it sounds like that's what a lot of people here want.

On a general note, I don't think the level of Planet hostility in SMAC should be taken as the benchmark for Planetfall. In SMAC you could rape Planet with ease. I'd prefer Planet to have teeth in Planetfall. ;) That being said, a quickfix for now so that fungal blooms don't occur too early could be to let each base start with say 2 or 3 Planet, so it takes a while before you start having negative Planet? (For each net negative Planet there is 1% chance each turn you'll get a fungal bloom.) Also if fungal blooms become whack-a-mole, the frequency of fungal blooms could be reduced, but the severity of each fungal bloom increased. Though we'll probably have to wait until we have some psi combat implementation to test that.
Should Planet's fungal blooms really have so much teeth that the players tend to lose when trying to fight back? And if they continue to take so much effort, any tech prerequisites (Industrial Base, Xenobiology) would be grabbed first by every player almost every time. Unless formers and the ability to remove fungus have no prerequisites. (Formers probably shouldn't require any tech anyway.)
Btw, could you and other who experience too many fungal blooms perhaps please post a screenie showing the game year, flowering counter (that number added at the top) and some cities (and their sizes)? A screenshot of a base screen showing the causes of negative Planet would also be handy.
I suppose I can try when I get around to it.
Before adding new techs and expanding the tree, we should first have enough ideas to fill the current tree! :D The last half of the tree looks rather empty at the moment. Suggestions very welcome!
Well, there's stuff in here. And yes, it is that same list I posted over four months ago. ^^;
Spoiler :
0 - Biogenetics - none
1 - Doctrine: Mobility - none
2 - Fission Power - none
3 - Industrial Base - none
4 - Information Networks - none
5 - Social Psych - none
6 - Centauri Ecology - Biogenetics or Doctrine Mobility
7 - Power Economics - Fission Power or Industrial Base
8 - Doctrine: Flexibility - Doctrine: Mobility
9 - Ethical Calculus - Social Psych
10 - Planetary Networks - Information Networks
11 - Polymorphic Software - Information Networks and (Doctrine: Mobility or Industrial Base)
12 - Lasers - Fission Power and Industrial Base
13 - Neurology - Biogenetics and Social Psych
14 - Gene Splicing - Biogenetics and (Ethical Calculus or Planetary Networks)
15 - Chaos Theory - Fission and (Planetary Networks or Polymorphic Software)
16 - Field Modulation - Biogenetics and Doctrine: Flexibility
17 - Plasma Chemistry - Lasers and Information Networks
18 - Automation - Planetary Networks and Industrial Base
19 - Doctrine: Loyalty - Ethical Calculus and Doctrine: Mobility
20 - Adaptive Economics - Power Economics and (Centauri Ecology or Doctrine: Flexibility)
21 - Centauri Empathy - Neurology and Centauri Ecology
22 - Applied Rocketry - Lasers and Polymorphic Software
23 - Game Theory - Polymorphic Software and (Chaos Theory or Adaptive Economics)
24 - Intellectual Integrity - Doctrine: Loyalty and Doctrine: Flexibility
25 - Xenobiology - Centauri Empathy and Gene Splicing
26 - Ecological Engineering - Gene Splicing and Centauri Ecology
27 - Zero Point Energy - Chaos Theory and Power Economics
28 - Composites - Plasma Chemistry and Doctrine: Flexibility
29 - Neural Grafting - Automation and Neurology
30 - Machine Resonance - Field Modulation and Applied Rocketry
31 - Nano-Fibers - Automation and Plasma Chemistry
32 - Optical Computers - Lasers and (Game Theory or Zero-Point Energy)
33 - Superconductors - Composites or Nano-Fibers
34 - Bio-Engineering - Gene Splicing and (Neural Grafting or Xenobiology)
35 - Cyberethics - Intellectual Integrity and Planetary Networks
36 - Doctrine: Initiative - Machine Resonance and (Intellectual Integrity or Composites)
37 - Bioadaptive Resonance - Xenobiology and Field Modulation
38 - Environmental Economics - Ecological Engineering and Adaptive Economics
39 - Doctrine: Air Power - Composites and Applied Rocketry
40 - Monopole Magnets - Nano-Fibers and Composites
41 - Centauri Meditation - Centauri Empathy and (Bioadaptive Resonance or Environmental Economics)
42 - Superstring Theory - Machine Resonance and (Cyberethics or Monopole Magnets)
43 - Mutagens - Bio-Engineering and Doctrine: Loyalty
44 - Mental Harmonics - Bioadaptive Resonance and Intellectual Integrity
45 - Planetary Economics - Environmental Economics and Game Theory
46 - Force Fields - Monopole Magnets and Zero Point Energy
47 - Fusion Power - Superconductors and Optical Computers
48 - Pre-Sentient Algorithms - Cyberethics and Optical Computers
49 - Nanominiaturization - Monopole Magnets and Superconductors
50 - Quantum Relativity - Game Theory and (Superstring Theory or Force Fields)
51 - Mind/Machine Interface - Pre-Sentient Algorithms and Neural Grafting
52 - Centauri Genetics - Centauri Meditation and Bio-Engineering
53 - Biomachinery - Mutagens and Doctrine: Initiative
54 - N-Space Compression - Force Fields and Bioadaptive Resonance
55 - Satellites - Fusion Power and Doctrine: Air Power
56 - Nanometallurgy - Nanominiaturization and Doctrine: Initiative
57 - Probability Mechanics - Pre-Sentient Algorithms and Force Fields
58 - Super Terraforming - Planetary Economics and (Centauri Genetics or Biomachinery)
59 - Smart Materials - Superstring Theory and (Nanometallurgy or Probability Mechanics)
60 - Quantum Computers - Quantum Relativity and Pre-Sentient Algorithms
61 - Centauri Psi - Centauri Genetics and Mental Harmonics
62 - Industrial Nanorobotics - Nanometallurgy and Fusion Power
63 - Cybernetics - Mind/Machine Interface and (Nanometallurgy or Biomachinery)
64 - Advanced Spaceflight - Satellites and (Mind/Machine Interface or N-Space Compression
65 - Unified Field Theory - Probability Mechanics and Quantum Relativity
66 - Nanotech Biology - Industrial Nanorobotics and Biomachinery
67 - Graviton Theory - Unified Field Theory and Satellites
68 - Quantum Power - Smart Materials and (Quantum Computers or Unified Field Theory)
69 - Antimatter - Advanced Spaceflight and (Smart Materials or Industrial Nanorobotics)
70 - Secrets of Alpha Centauri - Centauri Psi and Super Terraforming
71 - Matter Compression - Industrial Nanorobotics and Smart Materials
72 - Digital Sentience - Cybernetics and Quantum Computers
73 - The Will to Power - Cybernetics and Centauri Psi
74 - Sentient Resonance - Digital Sentience and N-Space Compression
75 - Matter Editation - Nanotech Biology and Quantum computers
76 - Interplanetary Flight - Graviton theory and Advanced Spaceflight
77 - Sociometrics - Digital Sentience and Super Terraforming
78 - Secrets of Creation - The Will to Power and Unified Field Theory
79 - Super Tensile Solids - Matter Compression and (Quantum Power or Antimatter)
80 - Quantum Machinery - Quantum Power and Antimatter
81 - Self Aware Machines - Digital Sentience and Nanotech Biology
82 - Mental Dynamics - The Will to Power and Secrets of Alpha Centauri
83 - Gravetomagnetism - Self-aware Machines and Graviton Theory
84 - Secrets of the Manifolds - Sentient Resonance and Secrets of Alpha Centauri
85 - Teleportation - Matter Editation and (Self Aware Machines or Mental Dynamics)
86 - Femtotechnology - Quantum Machinery and Super Tensile Solids
87 - Eudaimonia - Mental Dynamics and Sociometrics
88 - Singularity Mechanics - Gravetomagnetism and Interplanetary Flight
89 - Temporal Mechanics - Teleportaion and Secrets of Creation
90 - String Resonance - Femtotechnology and Secrets of the Manifolds
91 - Threshold of Transcendence - Temporal Mechanics and Eudaimonia
92 - Controlled Singularity - String Resonance and Singularity Mechanics
93 - Transcendent Thought - Controlled Singularity and Threshold of Transcendence
Btw, Eudaimonia, Terraforming and Stable Neutronium are all repeatedly researchable "Future Techs".
I guess that changes bits of my graph near the end.
Of course there's a potential issue that 20 research choices may overwhelm novice players. (Personally I do not find this problematic as I plan my research using the F6 screen, which gives a better overall picture) An issue of added gameplay value versus interface constraints
That could be why those other games tend to have far fewer choices in general at each time of selecting another tech advance.

Top Bottom