Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

No - it's different. Be sure you turn compare whitespace on, if you are using winmerge.

wow..you are a smart man, i did removed white space.

but,
it didnt change...still no ui.

just for the kick of it, i used a regular revdcm maininterface, and it loads fine, but the city ui is missing, i guess thats due o the changes youve made with all the stuff there.

Attachments

• no ui.JPG
    no ui.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 168
Upload the error logs again. I bet the old errors were hiding the new ones...

Or better yet... How big is your entire mod? Can you upload it someplace? That way I can ticker with it a bit.

ok ill upload the mod,

the mod can be squeezed to with 7z to 73 mb.

im uploading the file now - it will be here in 90 minutes.
the logs are the same i think - i can try but i bet it will be faster if you use the whole package..

just extract and add your and fpk to it - for now i added the fpk of and to it as it is to see the arts.

im now of to read your civ5 review!

Heh. When I was at university, the college used Pentium 166s, as they were the oldest models that could run Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer! :D

wow, we barely have 100 infrastructure here, ii have 12mb, upload per second can be 20 average....

My speed isn't limited by the university, I believe they have a GB/S connection, but I think the network structure in my current building was only wired with 100MB cable, which is why my speed is pretty much exactly 100MB.

almighty man! now i can begin building it!

i have a few questions bout your fixes:

1. the cathedral thing in the python
2. the bonus stuff in the main interface

i wish i knew how you got to the conclusion that they are the problem through the logs.
the bonus i can see the logic a bit, but not to that massive mark out.

3. i noticed that you replaced the dll file? did you compile a new one? if so - wheres the source - i still have to add a few mod parts in i use in ol2.

4 saw mark out in the promotion and another thing i cant remember.

very interesting how you solved all these stuff.

as usual i owe you my eternal gratitude.

p.s the civ 5 review is very good, read every word, i wonder to myself - for now you rather play 4 modded or 5? you dont have to answer :)

well we make do with these speeds around here, at internet connection speed israel is behind most of the states, it sux.

almighty man! now i can begin building it!

i have a few questions bout your fixes:

1. the cathedral thing in the python

the Panthonen is a special building in ROM, but isn't in your mod. Those if checks would always be false, and were just wasting time, so I removed them.

2. the bonus stuff in the main interface

The way the bonus display works is based on the Civ4BonusInfos.xml. Zappara specifically changed the order of the resources, so that the Strategic Resources were the first 19 resources in the file, then the food were resources 19-39, etc. His numbers will not work with your mods, since your resources are in a different order, and you have different resources than RoM. You'd need to reorganize your file, and figure out how you want to divide it out, then update the numbers here:

Code:
		# for iLoopBonus in range(0,19):
			# bonusTypes.append(gc.getBonusInfo(iLoopBonus).getType())
		# for iLoopBonus2 in range(20,39):
			# bonusTypes2.append(gc.getBonusInfo(iLoopBonus2).getType())
		# for iLoopBonus3 in range(40,59):
			# bonusTypes3.append(gc.getBonusInfo(iLoopBonus3).getType())
		# for iLoopBonus4 in range(60,gc.getNumBonusInfos()):
			# bonusTypes4.append(gc.getBonusInfo(iLoopBonus4).getType())
		# for iLoopBonus5 in range(gc.getNumBonusInfos()):
			# bonusAllTypes.append(gc.getBonusInfo(iLoopBonus5).getType())

I just removed it from working for the time being as a quick fix.

i wish i knew how you got to the conclusion that they are the problem through the logs.
the bonus i can see the logic a bit, but not to that massive mark out.

I figured out the problem because it said that "NoneType" has no object "getType". Basically, if you try to use "gc.getBonusInfo(-1).doSomething() it won't work. That's what was happening, because Ov2 has a different amount of resources.
3. i noticed that you replaced the dll file? did you compile a new one? if so - wheres the source - i still have to add a few mod parts in i use in ol2.

It's on the SVN now, only CvCity got changed, in one place. Basically to prevent a CTD with your mod. ;)
4 saw mark out in the promotion and another thing i cant remember.

I fixed one misspelling, and there was a promotion that I couldn't find, so I commented it out. I also fixed a bunch of artstyle references in Civ4CivilizationInfo.xml
very interesting how you solved all these stuff.

No problem. I learned most of how to do this stuff from starting with a debug dll, and posting every assert in a thread, where I asked EF a lot of questions. I learned a lot.

Afforess nice job, the speed improvements are great and I am enjoying one of the best Civ games ever.

Found a few annoyances/bugs that should be corrected if you have the time.

1. The captains the AI and the player can create are nice but they come into play as Barbarians. I'm allied with England fighting against Greece and english barbarian captains are attacking my troops... this shouldn't happen. The units can be unclassified but they shouldn't be attacking allies.

2. How can I turn off barb civs. (revolution mod option). There is nothing for this or revolutions in the bug menu.

4. What are the differences between 1.74 latest patch and 1.75. I just dl'ed 1.74 about a day before you put out 1.75.

5. This one good luck. I wish I had a save but was getting the never-ending turn bug and was hitting every key to try and get auto ai play on and turned off auto save by accident. I loaded a save and did exactly what I had done and the bug reappeared. I did this twice then I made a few different moves and the got passed the bug so it's got to be a combination of moves and or discovering a tech along with a move or city build, IDK.

Here goes:

I'm America with Spain as a vassel and England as an ally. England has a city on a small island off their east coast near the Greeks. I have two musket men guarding the city with them. A few turns later the Greeks control the island with my troops still in it???? no Greek troops were on the island or in the city. England is still at war with them, so am I. So I'm like wtf? I move my two troops out of the city and back in on the next turn and capture the city. I of course give it back to England just as two Greek units wash ashore. Like I said, wish I had a save. Also my saves will not load from windows explorer. It loads the mod and starts loading the game and crash... I can however load up the very first auto save from explorer and then load my game perfectly fine. The saves are only around 1.6 megs and I have def. played games with saves almost hitting 4.

On a side note this game is going so well and very enjoyable. Greece is on par with tech along with a couple other civs and everyone has large empires and armies. Just now hitting the industrial era playing I think monarch or emperor level along with large map and 15 civs. Turn times average around 10 seconds.

Almost forgot.... If I turn on limits for units per tile will the AI take this into account.. For instance if I set it to 20 units per tile will the AI make groupings of say 5 horse men, 5 pikemen, 5 archers and 5 seige units or will it just create armies of whatever units available?

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this mod and until Civ 5 becomes a stable release I will continue to enjoy this.

CivFanCCS

ohh ctd's are bad for my health, thanks !

i actually saw the Parthenon line, but i thought i have it in my mod..:)

the bonuses, great then ill arrange them at some point thats cool, you and z' are much much more organized the i am/was.

the art styles - humm i used those lines for ions, maybe they are some old relic from my mod.
i dont use city styles other then the bts ones.

i wonder how i will use all the game options you added, like the guilds, early buildings and stuff, decisions decisions...

thanks a lot for everything today, i hope ill be able to continue on my own a bit. but i suspect, i have not posted my last post here :)

Afforess nice job, the speed improvements are great and I am enjoying one of the best Civ games ever.

Found a few annoyances/bugs that should be corrected if you have the time.

1. The captains the AI and the player can create are nice but they come into play as Barbarians. I'm allied with England fighting against Greece and english barbarian captains are attacking my troops... this shouldn't happen. The units can be unclassified but they shouldn't be attacking allies.

2. How can I turn off barb civs. (revolution mod option). There is nothing for this or revolutions in the bug menu.

4. What are the differences between 1.74 latest patch and 1.75. I just dl'ed 1.74 about a day before you put out 1.75.

5. This one good luck. I wish I had a save but was getting the never-ending turn bug and was hitting every key to try and get auto ai play on and turned off auto save by accident. I loaded a save and did exactly what I had done and the bug reappeared. I did this twice then I made a few different moves and the got passed the bug so it's got to be a combination of moves and or discovering a tech along with a move or city build, IDK.

1.) The captains are gone in 1.75

2.) When you set up a map, there should be an option "No Barbarian Civs". Check it.

3.) (you skipped 3 lol) There's a changelog here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9677050&postcount=91

4.) Should be fixed in 1.75 ;)

I'm America with Spain as a vassel and England as an ally. England has a city on a small island off their east coast near the Greeks. I have two musket men guarding the city with them. A few turns later the Greeks control the island with my troops still in it???? no Greek troops were on the island or in the city. England is still at war with them, so am I. So I'm like wtf? I move my two troops out of the city and back in on the next turn and capture the city. I of course give it back to England just as two Greek units wash ashore. Like I said, wish I had a save. Also my saves will not load from windows explorer. It loads the mod and starts loading the game and crash... I can however load up the very first auto save from explorer and then load my game perfectly fine. The saves are only around 1.6 megs and I have def. played games with saves almost hitting 4.

Weird.
Almost forgot.... If I turn on limits for units per tile will the AI take this into account.. For instance if I set it to 20 units per tile will the AI make groupings of say 5 horse men, 5 pikemen, 5 archers and 5 seige units or will it just create armies of whatever units available?

The AI will just use whatever is available.

Top Bottom