Community Civ V [CCV]

A test from my current game, 1844-1846 normal speed, medium size map (i think)
4.36C
6:30

4.38A
1:45

It looks much improved.

Cool and cool. This is really a good result. But you know that 4.36 and 4.38 are not 100% compatible?

On another note, on two separate occasions, rebel Cavalry retreated, after losing a battle with my rifles, into two of my cities, forcing my troops out and capturing them.

No. This was a bug. The code used the best attacker withdraw plot for the defender. But I think it is solved.

And in the process getting a half dozen or so free troops in the city. Is this behavior intended?

Yes, I think so. I don't know how the part mod it is called in the English version at the moment. In German it is "Notfallmobilisierung". Please check your CCV settings. It's a check box on the left side in the middle of the optional settings.

On yet another note, if you are going to build the next version anew, how about creating some separation between resources that are found on the map and those that are produced from buildings? Instead of resources, call them trade goods or something, might reduce the learning curve somewhat.

It's easy to separate them in the pedia. But for the game they will stay bonuses. And in the diplo screen they will be between the standard bonuses. But maybe I can separate them in the city screen too.

Cool and cool. This is really a good result. But you know that 4.36 and 4.38 are not 100% compatible?

News to me, but no problems so far. It may not have been 4.36, there is a distinct possibility it was 4.38, and i copied 4.38a over it. I do not remember.

Have you still got the save? I've got a new DLL. Once again faster but expect no wonder. The difference will be for sure under 10 seconds. Or perhaps just 1 or 2. But I would like to know if it is worth scanning the code for those minor optimisations.

Attachments

• CCV 4.38B_CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
OK got some contradictory number here. Same game, different years.
1924-1925
A-dll 4:30
B-dll 4:22

1925-1926
A-dll 3:02
B-dll 3:35

Is the amount of turns until healed displaying correctly? I didnt check in the b version yet, but in the a version it wasnt.

Some gameplay related feedback.
When my borders expand, the alert reads "Borders could have expanded", rather then did expand.
gunships cant move more then 4 spaces at a time, and are not granted movement bonus my road or rail.
Softfood execs don't seem to be buildable.
Jump-jets are wonky. the unit icon is of whatever the last unit stack was, and they have no mission buttons, limited testing showed that missions could be executed by using hotkeys.
Carriers dont upgrade to supercarriers, i was able to build them, but not upgrade to them.
40 turns to terraform a dessert? Seems to long, by the time this ability is gained, 40 turns is an eternity.

Finally, my game is refusing to let me win. Ive had the reqs for a Dom victory for some time now, but its not letting me win. Mastery VC is off as far as I can tell.

Hey.

Was just scanning your mod for things to steal.... eh... I mean : for inspiration for my mod ;)

Dont know if any of this has been mentioned, sorry if it has, but :

When first I load the mod everything goes to high detail but the screen goes to 1024x768.

If I try to access any units in the civilopedia I get this :

Which makes it impossible to inspect the units. Burglary alarm? :lol:

Also all the icons seems like they were saved with mipmaps, which make them very blurry in low graphic setting. Even the vanilla religion and civic icons too. Why not use the originals in the vanilla fpk? Or maybe throw them through the DXTBmp machine. It'l only take 10 min. for all the icons.

Some of the mapscripts causes instant CtDs (full of resources crashed the game when I was scrolling past it in mapselection)

Some gameplay related feedback.
When my borders expand, the alert reads "Borders could have expanded", rather then did expand.

But there is no guarantee that they have really done it. If you are for example surrounded by difficult terrain like hills with forest and peaks the next culture step may not have been enough to get new terrain.

gunships cant move more then 4 spaces at a time, and are not granted movement bonus my road or rail.

This is intentional but different from BTS.

Softfood execs don't seem to be buildable.

Right. I forgot something. You must change <PrereqCorporation>CORPORATION_7</PrereqCorporation> to <PrereqCorporation>CORPORATION_8</PrereqCorporation> in his settings. Or wait for the next patch.

Jump-jets are wonky. the unit icon is of whatever the last unit stack was, and they have no mission buttons, limited testing showed that missions could be executed by using hotkeys.

As it seems we got some trouble with the art here. I'll try to repair the unit.

Carriers dont upgrade to supercarriers, i was able to build them, but not upgrade to them.

I will need a save. Because if all conditions are met it seems to be working fine to me at the moment.
Spoiler :

40 turns to terraform a dessert? Seems to long, by the time this ability is gained, 40 turns is an eternity.

You should not transform the whole planet. :p Okay 30 turns.

Finally, my game is refusing to let me win. Ive had the reqs for a Dom victory for some time now, but its not letting me win. Mastery VC is off as far as I can tell.

Not tested.

Attachments

• Carrier Upgrade.JPG
    Carrier Upgrade.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 403
Hey.

Was just scanning your mod for things to steal.... eh... I mean : for inspiration for my mod ;)

Dont know if any of this has been mentioned, sorry if it has, but :

When first I load the mod everything goes to high detail but the screen goes to 1024x768.

No idea. :dunno:

If I try to access any units in the civilopedia I get this :
Which makes it impossible to inspect the units. Burglary alarm? :lol:

The jump jet is broken on my end too. But other units are fine. Please try a higher resolution. Maybe this will help. Saw that in the past in the upgrade trees (promotions) because there was not enough space.

Also all the icons seems like they were saved with mipmaps, which make them very blurry in low graphic setting. Even the vanilla religion and civic icons too. Why not use the originals in the vanilla fpk? Or maybe throw them through the DXTBmp machine. It'l only take 10 min. for all the icons.

Could you please explain what you are talking about? What are mipmaps? I open and save my dds files with DXTBmp and save them in the same format like the original buttons. So they should be saved as DXT 3 or 5. What can I do to improve the quality? And how? And how can I do it so fast? :)

Some of the mapscripts causes instant CtDs (full of resources crashed the game when I was scrolling past it in mapselection)

Reason unknown.

This is intentional but different from BTS.

So its normal to give my gunship this move order, and he sits still?
Spoiler :

And the carrier issue, i figured it out, they need to be empty of airplanes first.

And heres my Victory screen of the game i cant win
Spoiler :

Save attached

Attachments

• Steve AD-1950.CivBeyondSwordSave
    985.4 KB · Views: 70
Okay. The gunship problem is for sure a very special problem of the zickzack path calculation for helicopters. The shown path is not the path a helicopter would use. The problem is for sure the water area in the south of the drawn path.

This will take so time or lead to modifications of the helicopters. I think I will allow them in the future moves like land units and rebase missions to friendly plots to be able to jump over water.

The first change is even done. (Hybrid) Helicopters can now rebase if they haven't moved yet like Jump Jets to friendly cities in range of 3x airrange (12 plots).

It was all the units that came up with a python error, not just the jumpship. Have you installed BUG as a default on the system?
Maybe try make a clean install of civ with only your mod and see if the problem arise. Im not strong in python so I cant tell whats wrong.

My resolution is 1280x960 which is the highest on my old flatscreen (while still playing windowed mode)

I bet you have MipMaps : Include when saving [ON].

Turning it off and simply go throu all you icons (load, save.. load, save... etc etc) would fix them. The Include when saving will stay off, so its just the load/save, and that can be done atleast 1 time per 3 seconds, so its not a big time killer even with 100 icons.

For changing the dds or reinstalling?

If its dds then make sure they are DDS3 as thats the format Civ IV uses, but DDS5 can be used too and IMO gives a better result, though I started to make DDS3 again, as this is the "standard"

I can't reinstall because I don't know where my BTS CD is at the moment. I hope I haven't lost it. :confused:

No, I have done changes to the dds files. I use DXT3 and DXT5. But if I save them with the box unchecked I got CTDs and errors. The pedia is no more working.

The problem may be the scaling filter. I've used BOX as seen in your post. The CTDs have gone away after I opened and saved all changed dds files with mipmaps again but I still got a lot of Python errors and funny results. In the pedia I've got a mix of small buttons (24 or 32 pixels) next to 64 pixel buttons. The default size seem to be influenced by the setting.

Okay. The problem was my version of DXTBMP! My version was not absolutly compatible with Win7 as it seems. Now after an update it works. I can convert the files. No CTDs and no Python errors. And the buttons are much better on low graphics. But this will take now a lot of time. I'm not so fast and there are much more files to convert and repair. Not just the buttons also all unit skins could be damaged. I've modified so many of them. And those can be damaged too. OMG. :(

Okay. The problem was my version of DXTBMP! My version was not absolutly compatible with Win7 as it seems. Now after an update it works. I can convert the files. No CTDs and no Python errors. And the buttons are much better on low graphics. But this will take now a lot of time. I'm not so fast and there are much more files to convert and repair. Not just the buttons also all unit skins could be damaged. I've modified so many of them. And those can be damaged too. OMG. :(

Glad to hear it works. Sorry to hear I put you on a huge project :crazyeye:

Hey. You told me what to do to improve CCV for low end PCs. That's a good thing! And as we have seen my damaged buttons can cause CTDs and we are still hunting a CTD we see no reason for in the code. It's just a small chance but maybe it comes from the buttons or unit art. We will see.

Top Bottom