Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in the USA don't let the US Gov't figures fool you. It's not good here either. They only report those eligible for Unemployment benefits. If you have used up your benefits you are dropped from the count. So America's unemployment is much much higher than the Gov't reports indicate. Almost 4 times higher if truth be told. Bad times are upon us all.

JosEPh

Same here in Italy, more or less. Problem here is that most of the young people here have lost faith in finding a job so many of them aren't looking for a job anymore. Or so statistic says.

Anyway, we hope that these turns of negative economy finally finished, and we can expand our empire. And if we're lucky and the economy allows, maybe soon our capital finally achieve three of population. :lol:

I wish you so, we've just expanded to size 3 some months ago and it's a wonderful achievement. ;)

Is there any news of Maska ?

Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay in the update, but these last few weeks I'm working hard. In fact, last week I was working on two companies at once, and my very little spare time I have dealt in the best possible way.

However, I have also worked in the mod a hours, and I have almost completely finished a new civilization (only missing a few adjustments and the Civilopedia's entries), and the inclusion of translations into French in the mod.

My intention was to wait for the new revision of the cavalry of Vokarya, and upload the patch 1.3, instead of making several hotfix. This new version would include the new civilization (the Kingdom of Aragon or the Crown of Aragon), the complete translation into French, the fix of the names of the barbarian cities, and all the changes that were suggested from the previous hotfix by Vokarya and others.

However, if you will, I can upload a hotfix that allows play with the latest revisions of AND, without the new civ and without the translations into French.

I could upload it tomorrow. Please tell me what you think about it. :)

Sorry for the delay in the update, but these last few weeks I'm working hard. In fact, last week I was working on two companies at once, and my very little spare time I have dealt in the best possible way.
As you've finally found a job in this poor situation, nobody would reproach you anything! Enjoy your life ;)

However, if you will, I can upload a hotfix that allows play with the latest revisions of AND, without the new civ and without the translations into French.
I think you should wait until your update is over. Take your time.

@Maska: I've added basic installation of addons in the mod launcher, but there is no way to detect the installed version of Mega Civ Pack.

Could you add this file in the next version of the pack. Put it in the "Assets/" folder. Remember to increase the version number to 1.3 before to upload it ;)

This will make the mod detection considerably easier !

Thanks,

@Maska: I've added basic installation of addons in the mod launcher, but there is no way to detect the installed version of Mega Civ Pack.

Could you add this file in the next version of the pack. Put it in the "Assets/" folder. Remember to increase the version number to 1.3 before to upload it ;)

This will make the mod detection considerably easier !

Thanks,

I can not download that file. Have you deleted the file?. Do you need to include it in the next version?

I can not download that file. Have you deleted the file?. Do you need to include it in the next version?
Oops sorry. I deleted it. You can download it again here. Just put it in the Assets/ folder and change the version number when you will release the file :)

Oops sorry. I deleted it. You can download it again here. Just put it in the Assets/ folder and change the version number when you will release the file :)

Done . :)

Now I have a question / poll for the mod :

Long ago, someone said it was a bit annoying see that all civilizations was called "Empire" (Latvian Empire, Aboriginal Empire, etc). And although I do not mind this, if I see logical that in some cases it is not good.

I 'm merging into the mod the translations into French, while also translating the mod into Spanish, and I see that in the translation into French some things have changed such as Aboriginal People instead Aboriginal Empire.

In Spanish I'm also doing it this way, but I would like a comprehensive solution for all languages.

How could we solve this?

There are several options :

1 - Use only the name of the nation, in a neutral way . For example :

Aborigines, Latvia, Cuba, Morocco, etc ...

2 - A more complex solution would be to find a appellative for each nation, according to the story. For example, Aboriginal People, Kingdom of Morocco, etc.. But this is more dangerous, as we framed the civilizations in a type of government, in addition to assigning these in a time in history (Medieval, Modern, Prehistoric, etc).

3 - Leave all as is.

In my case, I prefer the first solution, which is more neutral, which carries fewer problems and is one solution more "clean" and realistic. Of course, I would include the tags of all civilizations of AND, not only the civs of MCP, for consistency.

Any thoughts about this?

In my translation, i'm not sure i've followed the same logic during all my work but i think we just need to make 3 or categories like:
Indians (ex: Mapuche, Apaches, etc...)
People - For people who never created an administrative country (ex: Goths)
Neutral way for actual country (ex: Italy, Cuba)
Possibly "Empire" for historical giant empires like Persia (but i'm not sure it is a good idea)

Not a bad way, however, as you say, I do not like the idea of ​​watching in the game, "Persian Empire", and Persian civilization is the smallest by far.

Perhaps the same could be said of separating civs because if they had a strong centralized government in the history. I think that's why there DynamicCivNames. If they have few cities, are a tribe. If are very powerful, an empire. I do not like the idea of classifying civs by its real history. In fact, we play for rewrite the history.

Let's see who says other people. I would like to reach a small consensus.

For My opinion I say, 1-, keep it simple is easiest to do and uniform throughout the game.
A more developed solution can be implemented at a later time when there is a large consensus and enough free time for the mod team to focus on it.

Not a bad way, however, as you say, I do not like the idea of ​​watching in the game, "Persian Empire", and Persian civilization is the smallest by far.

Perhaps the same could be said of separating civs because if they had a strong centralized government in the history. I think that's why there DynamicCivNames. If they have few cities, are a tribe. If are very powerful, an empire. I do not like the idea of classifying civs by its real history. In fact, we play for rewrite the history.

Let's see who says other people. I would like to reach a small consensus.

Agree.
Actually what I would like to see is changing the number of cities required in DynamicCivNames to be called empire.
Having an empire with only 3 cities is :sad:

I'm kinda on the fence about using this because I'm not sure that the increased loading time would be worth it. I'm interested in the UUs and UBs that this pack adds. Do most of them have new effects or stats or are there a lot of clones from the base game UUs and UBs?

I'm kinda on the fence about using this because I'm not sure that the increased loading time would be worth it. I'm interested in the UUs and UBs that this pack adds. Do most of them have new effects or stats or are there a lot of clones from the base game UUs and UBs?

They're actually all different in terms of what the combination of base building/unit + special bonus is. There are, of course, only so many special bonuses that you can give, but I think they have some neat effects. The only one that's a true clone is that the Tupi Maloca is exactly the same as the Persian Satrap (both are Courthouse with +2 :)), but that's only because I changed the Persian UB from Apothecary to Satrap to make room for the generic Apothecary.

Let you know Cuba civ cause XML Loading Error because its building Tropicana has Technology requirement that is not in the game anymore.

Let you know Cuba civ cause XML Loading Error because its building Tropicana has Technology requirement that is not in the game anymore.

I posted a ZIP with the necessary file updates here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13238972&postcount=777. If I remember correctly, not having the Legalized Gambling tech still in the game causes an XML Load Error but doesn't stop you from playing the game; it just makes Club Tropicana available from the beginning of the game.

I posted a ZIP with the necessary file updates here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13238972&postcount=777. If I remember correctly, not having the Legalized Gambling tech still in the game causes an XML Load Error but doesn't stop you from playing the game; it just makes Club Tropicana available from the beginning of the game.

Thanks. I'm aware about the game's capacity to continue. Just wanted to bring that bug report up in case it hadn't been reported. I've returned from being AWOL. So a lot to catch up :lol:. Again, thanks for the zip file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom