[Feedback needed] AND2 Checker: Easy installation and update v0.3

@Sogroon: It is not as easy as it should, however I can make the MCP to integrate better with the launcher in the future. It is not a priority and my new job require me a lot of time....
I would love to have it install MCP, even if it initially just installed everything fully! I hope you get the urge to do it soon as RL gives you time to! =)

Installer wont show couple latest svn updates, still in rev 983
Sorry for the late reply. It has been fixed and was caused by our server.

The install method of this mod worked good. Installing the mod in docs...
The problem is other mods as FFH (installed in progr. files.) and standard BTS do not work any more. What is the solution ?
Do i have to install everything again ?
Strting other mods is see the screen, but no words on it.

The install method of this mod worked good. Installing the mod in docs...
The problem is other mods as FFH (installed in progr. files.) and standard BTS do not work any more. What is the solution ?
Do i have to install everything again ?
Strting other mods is see the screen, but no words on it.
Hi,

I don't understand what your last sentence means, but it looks like when mods are installed in My Documents AND in the game folder, it will create problems. Can you try to uninstall the mod and reinstall it in the "mods" folder from your game setup instead?

I got rev989 for about two weeks and the launcher update has never worked for me. 99 out 100 times the module updater just stuck at 0% and of the 1 time the progress bar finishes the checker still says 989 instead of the latest version with the flashing yellow Update available!.

Also if I manually close the module updater the launcher/checker will relaunch itself and I got stuck at 0% progress again. After dozens of tries I was able to play rev989 by going into the mod folder and delete the updating file.

I am on Windows10 and behind a VPN (no choice since I am currently in China and VPN is needed to connect to the outside world).

Thanks

Hi!
When a update is launched, the updater start a background process called rsync. If this process is blocked by an antivirus or a firewall, it can make the updater to have a weird behavior. The file named "update" (or something like that) in the main folder is just a file to tell the launcher that the game has been updating while it was prematurely stopped, so it would try to relaunch the update to complete it.

First, try to launch a update and check in the task manager if rsync is launched (it should be one or two instances). Then, you could try to connect to another VPN (US or Europe) to see if it helps.
The launcher/update could also need administrator privileges if you have installed the mod in "Program files" for example. You could try that.

On a side note, are there glitchs or things you would like to be improved in the interface regarding Chinese language?

Thanks. It's confusing since upd_proe.exe and rsync.exe are located in a separate folder and pop up in the root folder when launched.

Going into the checker folder and manually give upd_proc.exe admin and firewall privilege solved the stuck at 0% problem. Now it's always 100%.

However, giving rsync.exe admin privilege does not solve the mod not updating issue. I don't see its instances in task manager either. Running manually does not update.

The mod is in the document folder as the default installation wanted. Maybe Windows 10 is different? All three exe files are in admin and Windows7 compatible mode.

LOL, I am playing the English version.

If it's installed in My documents, it doesn't need admin privileges. That must be something else.
Rsync and the updater are in the checker/ subfolder. On update, these are copied into the root folder, so it can ensure that they can also be updated (otherwise, a update cannot update running executable).

If you have too much troubles updating the game, you can try to follow the "developer installation" from the website: http://anewdawn.sourceforge.net/pages/install/

Be warned however that it requires twice as much space as the standard installation.

I installed the SVN version instead and the checker successfully displays rev994. Not sure what permission SVN has over and2 checker that allows it to write to the same folder.

On rev 994.

Now getting the error message 'Application load error 5.0000065434' when I try and launch from the updater. I've cleared the cache, checked the files and switched the Steam Betas setting to 'original_release_unsupported', but no joy.

I can still load the game from Steam - oddly, this loads RoM:AND straight away. However, my saved game then crashes within a few turns.

Have you checked the executable path in the launcher? The launcher has been updated in rev993. Does it show 1.22? Could you check "Disable the warning about the game version"?

Bother, I seem to have broken it while trying to find out. It's now asking me to select the game path, and I've no idea what it is. I can't see any reference to 1.22, but I did check the disable warning box.

It is in Steam installation path, then "Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword"

Of course it is. Forgive me, it's been a while. Nope, still the same error message. I also get it if I click directly on that executable, but the game launches from the Steam user panel.

I guess this is a steam error. I'm afraid I can't do much more.

Top Bottom