Starting late to get a science victory?

historyman101

Chieftain
Currently I'm playing as Arabia, aiming for a science victory. Currently in 1645 AD, but I got to thinking.

Is it possible to get a science victory with an advance start? Say I wanted to begin in the Industrial Era or the Atomic Era; is it feasible to get to the Space Station in time? I've heard some things about the AI able to get into space insanely quick on advanced starts.

Anyone fill me in? Or suggest strats to speed up the science victory?

It's possible to win any victory condition starting late. (Cultural being most difficult with late starts)

But you won't set any early finish records, since you start with an even less developed empire than if an AI had been playing you up to that turn.

I had not considered development. I guess it's better to stick with a long game, since I'm in so far. Maybe it just comes from doing quick conquest victories too much haha

Advanced starts just mean less time to overcome the AI starting bonuses through optimal play. This is why it can be difficult to win.

With cheaper GPs (from not having acquire any earlier), you can do a Autocracy Futurism combo, where,you just try to spam GPs and tourism. But that doesn't really help science.

Top Bottom