• Siamese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Songhai

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Spanish

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wish I could choose more than one answer...

Ultimately it depends on what style of game I want to play, if I'm in the mood for rolling conquests or if I'd rather focus on something else, somewhat more peaceful. I wish Civ 5 had, like 4, the option to choose different leaders for each nation so you can enjoy different play styles while still being the same empire. That was a nice feature. But now you gotta change nations completely if you want any sort of variety! *sigh*

I see that you included DLC civs with vanilla. Probably Spain. Maybe Egypt.

Inca no doubt. They are my favorite civ to play period. terrace farms are awesome and the start bias pretty much guarantees a good production base. Though I'm always getting trolled with stupid sheep on tiles that would be amazing terrace farms.

I voted America, though I can't rationally explain why. It's not due to patriotism. I think its because they have convenient, small advantages that definitely do not make them overpowered. If I can run a strategy with America, I can with anyone. I think I like the color scheme too :)

Well, I play BNW and I change it up a lot. I probably play Rome more then any other Civ, although I have fallen out of love with legions and Ballistae as I've turned up the difficulty and learned the power of early CBs. I like Greece a lot too. I tend to play Poland when I'm trying to crack a new difficulty level. I like the Shoshone too. Lately I've been experimenting with Sweden. Now that I understand how to make early wars effective I'm getting a lot more mileage out of their UA.. Gifting GGs and captured Prophets is fun :)

Inca no doubt. They are my favorite civ to play period. terrace farms are awesome and the start bias pretty much guarantees a good production base. Though I'm always getting trolled with stupid sheep on tiles that would be amazing terrace farms.

This.

And I very much love being able to walk my archers on to hills and shoot in the same turn.

English most and Songhai for a change.

I voted America, though I can't rationally explain why. It's not due to patriotism. I think its because they have convenient, small advantages that definitely do not make them overpowered. If I can run a strategy with America, I can with anyone. I think I like the color scheme too :)

Yes! Absolutely this. Might be because I'm all about #Murica. Even though their UU's suck and they do have a bland UA, playing as America makes me feel like I can do anything -- everything is very flexible.

I voted as Germany, but it is a tie between Germany, Arabia, Aztec, Denmark, Ottoman, and Russia.

I like to warmonger and I like a lot of hammers. I know it isn't "optimal", but I also like to spam infantry and siege (after Renaissance, replace cavalry/tanks with the infantry part).

Germany probably most though, because they get production bonuses on top of a strong military game. I also have good luck with barb camps. Even if they are just brutes, it is easier to pay some gold to upgrade them to swords while your cities are building libraries and such, instead of using crucial early hammers to train military. Germany is the only Civ where I regularly hit the unit cap.

Arabia doesn't fit either requirement of production bonuses or fun-to-use infantry, but I think we all can agree nothing is more awesome than riding around on the back of a camel with a bow :p

Top Bottom