World Congress proposal???

Puhi

Warlord
I sometimes find myself at a loss for what to propose in the world congress. In my current game, I am playing Babylon for the first time, on immortal. It's pangea, and so far it's been a very peaceful, kumbaiya kind of game.

I am probably looking for a science win. An obvious choice would be the proposal which would increase great scientist generation, but that choice would anger pretty much every other civ. They all appear to be going culture.

I don't want to strain my relations with them, as I want to be able to keep making research agreements.

I proposed the culture boost to natural wonders, even though I don't have any NW, because at least this one appears to not piss anyone off. I am sure it will loose. Heck, I'll vote against it.

What would you do in this situation?

Ban Luxury: some vague luxury that no one has, or repeal another proposal already in effect that no one actually cares about. If there's none, I'll pick the one that gives me the least number of civs who will be angry at me. That or I'll just piss off one of the civs that I hate already (like Embargo).

In any case, diplomatic penalties and bonuses from proposals are temporary and usually disappear by the time the next proposal comes up.

If you propose a resolution which makes other leaders angry make sure it passes otherwise it's not worth the trouble.

Well you are all rivals so at some point you will have to break diplomacy with someone so you can win. Or some of them will always find something to start hating you... I suggest if you have diplomats in their caps to check who hates who and/or bribe them to vote for your proposal

^^That's the one I always propose when I'm at a loss of what to propose.

The national wonder one is indeed the usual "do nothing" proposal when you don't want to actually propose anything as it won't anger anybody but yet has a very slim chance of passing.

Banning luxuries angers all those with that luxury, both local and via trade. And due to timing even if nobody has it at the moment, but someone does before the vote occurs, the person who just acquired on via city state ally or founding a new city will call you up then to complain.

Indeed, in early game, proposing science angers on average 6 of the 7 AIs in the game (standard map size). However, if you wait until after mid game, science funding will become more popular.

Top Bottom