Science victory

vesp3r1987

Warlord
Ok so some days ago i set up a game with 6 civs (incl. me) and victory conditions domination and science. So far so good, but i noticed other civs are not as aggressive as when its only domination victory (which was good as im still learning to survive on prince)

Later there was only 1 unconquered capitol (unless you count one that was puppeted and then liberated) and i had researched apolo program and was so excited to get victory through science (did not want to move my army to another continent for domination victory) and i finished all parts of the spaceship. After each part i did "send to spaceship" but when i did it for the last part i got no victory.... i could still construct stasis chambers but i could not send them to the spaceship. I got mad and nuked the sh*t out of my neighbor then sent my armies to finish off the rest (total domination). So i got the victory by domination but couldnt finish it through science? Did i do something wrong?

You have to send all six parts to your capital.

The victory screen has a science victory screen. Open it to see everyone's and your spaceship progress.

unfortunately i cant attach safe file as i dont save :/ ill check later for the autosave but i think its way after the supposed science victory

@Mesix i did send them to capitol and then press "send to ship" option on them. I noticed i could make like 3 stasis chambers and send them all, but when i made 4th i couldnt send it... is that normal?

@reddishrecue I doubt any of them got even close to science victory. When i had my 1st panzers my neighbors still used trebuchettes. Didnt even saw them having post-industrial notice for era.
Their economy was complete disaster and they were constantly at war with eachother

Did you see your spaceship progress in the science victory screen? It should've had all the parts filled out.

Did you see your spaceship progress in the science victory screen? It should've had all the parts filled out.

Well found the autosave and it look like i missed some part and instead just made another stasis chamber :rolleyes: anyways ill be more careful when finishing it and next time will probably launch them all at same time not 1 by 1. Thanks all for the replies. Gonna make another run with same VC.

I noticed i could make like 3 stasis chambers and send them all, but when i made 4th i couldnt send it... is that normal?

I think you are mistaken. The first three were boosters.

Well found the autosave and it look like i missed some part and instead just made another stasis chamber :rolleyes: anyways ill be more careful when finishing it and next time will probably launch them all at same time not 1 by 1.

You cannot build a second stasis chamber (unless you somehow lose the unit after building but before launching). The SS parts are akin to National Wonders in that aspect, except that you need three boosters. Also, don't bother launching them all at the same time -- 1 by 1 actually has some advantages. Sitting on the parts just ties up resources, and the AIs do not care that you have 5 parts done or 0.

Top Bottom