XML modding.

A Moon

The "A" is silent
Hi. I'm one of those people who gets annoyed when the epic Good V Evil war gets defused because Alexis just converted to The Order, and such, and so I wanted to edit the religous weights a bit (and possibly rename The Ashen Veil to "Disciples of the Teletubbies, some day) .

I've done it before, on a different computer, and it was just a simple case of "open thing in Excel, do some typing, win".

But when I tried it on this one, I get Internet Explorer showing me a HUGE list of stuff, and no way to really change anything while knowing what I'm doing. Managing to open it in Excel gave the fun result of not actually being able to save any changes.

So... How can I change the numbers?

to change an xml document you can use your standard editor (i.e. right-klick on the .xml file and choose opn with editor), however i recomment you use notepad++ (you can find via google search)

edit: you have to open the xml of the specific leaders and change their priority for the religions

I was afraid of that. I wish Excel would work again.

Oh well. Guess I've just got a lot of scrolling to do. :(

There's still an excel file included in FfH 2, FfH Editor.xlsm. As I don't have excel I can't tell you if it's still up to date (or what excel versions can open it).

No scrolling needed in XML files either, use search.

Top Bottom