[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

VD 8.0 is definaltly broken. My 5th game straight is failing to load. So ive done a test, I auto play and save every 100 turns. It keeps failing to load just around the era Gunpowder tech is in. I noticed in my previous games it was around Scientific method tech.

Appears Avain left ussss... :( Does anyone know how to go about isolating the cause and fixing it?

This has probably been asked before, but is it possible to have Varietas Delectat in your vanilla game (e.g. without loading the mod)?

I know how to fix the art bugs that are messing up VD and BAT, but I am not willing to do so, it's alot of work. What I will do if, alerum68 is interested in it, is put LoR's ethnic art into a VD like package. LoR uses over a 100 models from VD, but it's slightly different as achilleszero preferred other unit models in some instances, but if I were to cut out only BtS content, it would be very much like VD 0.8 (in fact VD 0.8 takes alot from LoR's ethnic art, so it's probably well over 100 models that they share).

I know how to fix the art bugs that are messing up VD and BAT, but I am not willing to do so, it's alot of work. What I will do if, alerum68 is interested in it, is put LoR's ethnic art into a VD like package. LoR uses over a 100 models from VD, but it's slightly different as achilleszero preferred other unit models in some instances, but if I were to cut out only BtS content, it would be very much like VD 0.8 (in fact VD 0.8 takes alot from LoR's ethnic art, so it's probably well over 100 models that they share).
nothing beats VD :(

Hi, first of all a big compliment to you for making this mod, I love it. It makes the game more authentic without slowing it down terribly like in lots of other giant mods.
Just one thing, I wanted to play multiplayer, but nobody was there. Is there really noone using this nice graph mod online or am I doing something wrong?

Well everyone has to have the same settings in place, and there are all types of possible variations on VD, so its probably a bit of both. Most people in the online lobbies only really like to play duel or quick games, and VD just isn't a mod that fits that criteria. You really need to play longer games to appreciate this type of mod and those guys just don't.

Hi, first of all a big compliment to you for making this mod, I love it. It makes the game more authentic without slowing it down terribly like in lots of other giant mods.
Just one thing, I wanted to play multiplayer, but nobody was there. Is there really noone using this nice graph mod online or am I doing something wrong?

Probably not VD and i doubt you'd want to play with most of the online gamers if you enjoy playing the game.

Your best bet is to get a couple of people together to play a game when you have the time continuously.

Well i know there are quite a few art pieces causing this problem but the biggest problem is, there is no way to test all the art files without a lot of game testing. Unfortunately there are so many that it is a lot of work like phungus has said.

Re the crashes - I think that the city/improvement graphics is most likely the reason for it, just because the Lsystems are so messy structured and it's easy to make a mistake there.

Think I may have found one of the missing graphics. The Persian Rifleman shares the same graphic as the musketman. Maybe an issue?

Re the crashes - I think that the city/improvement graphics is most likely the reason for it, just because the Lsystems are so messy structured and it's easy to make a mistake there.

Unlikely. I've been working on this part for years now, and it's been a long time since it crashed on me after a release.
But you're right on one point, it's easy to make mistakes there. That's why I almost everytime check if the graphic shows up correctly before making a release of Cultural Citystyles.

Any news on the VD 8.0 crashing problem? I have the same problem fairly regularly and other than Lemon's work-around (which I'm attempting now) I won't be able to play with VD installed, which makes me sad...:sad:

Any news on the VD 8.0 crashing problem? I have the same problem fairly regularly and other than Lemon's work-around (which I'm attempting now) I won't be able to play with VD installed, which makes me sad...:sad:

What is Lemon's work around? If it works please explain to the rest of us to what to do. My saved games crash with VD 8.0 also.

nothing beats VD :(

The ethnic art in LoR is equal to VD. Half of it is shared, and the other half that differs is simply do to a difference in taste between achilliszero and Avain. You have no idea what you're talking about. Anyway I wanted to offer a comperable and stable art mod for those who wanted VD's ethnic art without changes to BtS. I could port over LoR's art, it takes work, alot actually. I looked over it and it would probably be about 10 hours or so to do it. But since this is the response to my offer, it no longer stands.

Hopefully Avain returns to fix his mod, but for now it crashes and is unplayable.

Over on the BUG mod forum, Lemon Merchant explained how to load the newest BAT (2.1) mod and then copy over VD 8.0 with VD 7.5 to avoid the crashes. Unfortunately, that won't help people that just want to run VD 8.0.

The ethnic art in LoR is equal to VD. Half of it is shared, and the other half that differs is simply do to a difference in taste between achilliszero and Avain. You have no idea what you're talking about. Anyway I wanted to offer a comperable and stable art mod for those who wanted VD's ethnic art without changes to BtS. I could port over LoR's art, it takes work, alot actually. I looked over it and it would probably be about 10 hours or so to do it. But since this is the response to my offer, it no longer stands.

Hopefully Avain returns to fix his mod, but for now it crashes and is unplayable.

Yeah, I never got that response either, very uninformed imo. There certainly are other mods with a similar variety in units (with a lot of identical ones too, just not all of them), yours and mine among them ;) We just happen to have additional (in my case mostly optional) features. I do not consider an additional optional feature a bad thing though :)

Phungus, I'd be interested if you would do this. I have been working on my mod for a few months now and I am always interested in seeing what other mods use. I also understand your reaction to what voltage said because it is pretty unappreciative of the work that goes into doing something like this. I can empathize with it, as I am sure avain can. If you wouldn't terribly mind I'd like to see what you guys have done with your mod since I like the work you and AZ have done. I have DLed LoR a few times but everytime I have done so and unpacked it I get unfinished stuff (there are missing texture files and nifs, and in some cases completely empty folders).

So I wouldn't worry about what voltage has to say, VD is a great mod, don't get me wrong, but he clearly hasn't seen other ones.

Re crashes:

A certain FfH citystyle mod was sometimes crashing when loading savegames with the Amurite civilization present. Finally, it was revealed that a mistype in PlotLSystem caused a crash - "eamurite" plantations instead of Amurite ones. Apparently, a wrong artdefine in PlotLSystem can crash the game. Bad Civ! Bad programmers!

I still think that introducing different Rifleman graphics for Renaissance and Industrial is the way to solve the different eras in rifle/musket graphics we have.

Top Bottom