BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268

Download and Installation
  1. Download BUG 4.2
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4bug/
    BUGMod_42.exe (3.0MiB)

2. Download this modmod
  3. Installation
    • Install FfH2 0.41"j" in regular process.
    • Duplicate "Fall from Heaven 2" directory and rename it to any. (for example, "Fall from Heaven 2 with BUG")
    • Install BUG 4.2 as "Multi-Player (Mods-folder)" mode.
    • Copy and Overwrite "Assets", "Info" and "UserSettings" directory from "BUG Mod 4.2" to "Fall from Heaven 2 with BUG".
    • Overwrite "Assets" directory from this patch.
    • If "UserSettings" directory has any ini files, delete all of them.
    • Done.

Lite version
  • Only includes
    1. BULL 1.0
    2. 3.19 Unofficial Patch
    3. More Detailed Civilopedia

Known Issues
Spoiler :

• Additional fonts (Citizen, Great General, Airport) does not be shown. I can not trace this reason.
  • Obsolete features still remain.
    ex. Great General progress bar in Military Advisor screen, etc.
    And many items in BUG option screen.
  • Some features don't work correctly.
    ex. Strategic advantages in Military Advisor screen, etc.
    I believe these are not very important.
    Okay, in all honesty, it's too difficult to modify with my skill.

Change Log
Lite:
ver0.02
  1. Fixed Sevopedia Spell and Ability page.

Spoiler :

Full:
ver0.10(beta)
  1. Converted to BUG 4.2
  2. Merged with BULL 1.0

ver0.08
  1. Converted to 0.41 "j"
  2. Merged with 3.19 Unofficial Patch 1.3
  3. Unit strength is shown with damage typed extra values.
  4. Unit cycling consider castable spell.
  5. And, all of features from "More Detailed Civilopedia 0.06"

ver0.07
  1. Converted to FfH2 0.41 "i" and BUG 4.1
  2. Fixed issue of delayed CTRL or ALT key when unit grouping.
  3. Civilopedia (not Sevopedia) pages are improved.
  4. City screen shows some boosts by mana resources. (e.g. Research boost by Mind Mana)
  5. Assimilated city by Tolerant trait builds old civilization's units with old civilization's artstyle (Not only unique units, but also all kind of units).
  6. And, all features from "More Detailed Civilopedia"
ver0.06
  1. Fixed a wrong text link between same name items. (e.g. Promotion "Angel" and Unit "Angel")
    (In CvGameTextMgr.cpp and text XML, almost "<link=literal>" or "[LINK=literal]" has been wiped out.)
  2. Fixed an issue about Can not Enter ability displaying on unit info pane.
  3. Fixed an wrong text if Civilopedia Tech page has first line with "Requires: xxxx state religion" message. (e.g. Mind Stapling)
  4. If a unit has more than 27 Promotions, their icon size becomes smaller on unit status area.
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.jpg
  5. Sevopedia unit page shows "upgrade to" icons which consider current unit's civilization. (For example, if you select and show "goblin", upgrade to pane shows a wolf rider instead of a horseman.)
  6. PLE unit icons have been more visible. (Mouseover for displaying unit info pane is more easy.)
  7. Enhanced TraitInfo and Pedia trait category. (Now it can be used in a similar way as other Infos.)
  8. Reviewed some codes and texts for adjusting civilopedia contents.
    • Added "TerrainOrPrereq1" and "TerrainOrPrereq2" elements to SpellInfo.
    • Cleaned up CvSpellInterface.py and CIV4SpellInfos.xml. (Arcane Lacuna, Blaze, Change shipcrews, Divine Retribution, Pirate Cove, Sacrifice(pyre), SandLion, Whiteout)
    • Reviewed CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml. (Pirate Cove)
    • Reviewed CIV4BuildingInfos.xml. (Govenor's Manor and Warrens Civilopedia has been avilable.)
    • Cleaned up CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml a little. (Some "[LINK=literal]" has been wiped out.)

ver0.05
  1. Now unit info pane shows most FfH2 features (e.g. Defensive Strikes) correctly.
  2. Wounded strength and extra strength (e.g. Fire, Cold, Poison and etc) display format has been improved.
  3. PLE unit icons show civilization (and race) specific artstyle.
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0005.JPG

ver0.04
  1. Converted to FfH2 patch 0.41"g".
ver0.03 and before
  1. Banner dot becomes star with joining Great Commander instead of Great General.
  2. Adding "Priests" row in Religion Advisor screen.
  3. Great Person Tech in Tech Advisor screen works correctly. This function was rewritten and became same as DLL method.
  4. Some Sevopedia pages are improved to match with FfH2 features.

Obsoleted files

actually I think experienced this issue in Wild Mana, which has BUG mod included:

"Unit select/grouping with SHIFT or CTRL or ALT + click doesn't work correctly.
Because MonkeyTools keyboard event ( mt.bShift(), mt.bCtrl() and mt.bAlt() ) delays extremely.
Once you hold down SHIFT key, it seems to keep true after you let go of the key.
I can't trace down the problem any more. Please help."

anyway, very nice work :goodjob:

[to_xp]Gekko;8344959 said:
actually I think experienced this issue in Wild Mana, which has BUG mod included:

"Unit select/grouping with SHIFT or CTRL or ALT + click doesn't work correctly.
Because MonkeyTools keyboard event ( mt.bShift(), mt.bCtrl() and mt.bAlt() ) delays extremely.
Once you hold down SHIFT key, it seems to keep true after you let go of the key.
I can't trace down the problem any more. Please help."

anyway, very nice work :goodjob:

Oops, I didn't realize that modmod including BUG already exists.
I had done reinventing the wheel, hehe.

[to_xp]Gekko;8344959 said:

I fixed behavior of SHIFT key at least. Replace "mt.bShift()" to "CyInterface().shiftKey()".
But "CyInterface().ctrlKey()" nor "CyInterface().altKey()" doesn't exist in API.

Long ago I had implemented a ton of BUG stuff into Fall Further. I since removed it all and started to re-write from scratch due to various errors which kept cropping up. I see you found the source of the most annoying one (units upgrading via new actions like Lichdom or Wolf Packs), so I wonder if you solved the other PLE related nuisance:

As I recall, the information bar for mouseover of a unit icon is built manually in BUG, as in, python compiles the list, instead of asking the DLL for it. Have they since fixed that, or have you added in all of the new functions of FfH, or is it still just showing an incomplete help window?

As I recall, the information bar for mouseover of a unit icon is built manually in BUG, as in, python compiles the list, instead of asking the DLL for it. Have they since fixed that, or have you added in all of the new functions of FfH, or is it still just showing an incomplete help window?

I am doing nothing about it, and the information is still incomplete:(.
But I may work about it when feel like doing so.
If anyone makes information window which better matches FfH, I am glad.

I should probably point out there are several features of BUG 4.0 that will not work without BULL included, which means also merging the *.cpp and *.h files of the DLL. This will be a very difficult process to do properly, but I think this will not require the same amount of work next time... all though EF has been doing more work on BULL then BUG, so the DLL may need to be recompiled.

The mouseover info, I do not know about. I'd have to look at it, but I'm guessing it's doing both. Some info is still using python, while the newer features are using the DLL... but again, this is probably using BULL not the standard DLL.

Denev, the SVN you used to build this didn't have the support files attached. You need to download and add the directories named UserSettings and Info withing the BUG Mod folder in the SVN. They should just go inside of the FFH2 Mod Folder.

Denev, the SVN you used to build this didn't have the support files attached. You need to download and add the directories named UserSettings and Info withing the BUG Mod folder in the SVN. They should just go inside of the FFH2 Mod Folder.

Thanks greatly for your advice and announcement about daily release.
I had changed composition of my patch and information about installation method.

ah, ok :). I did some changes to the Sevopedia now like adding a category for spells. Just wondered if you had found an easier way.

You should be able to merge Sevopedia into this. Sevopedia makes no changes to the actual contents, rather it's just the way the information is displayed on the screen. I'll take a look later, but you should be able to merge it in. I haven't opened FFH in a while, but the FFHBUG modmod that came out already, probably has the sevopedia already merged in.

edit: I take that back... didn't know FFH has so many different pedia files there. Yeah, just check FFH2BUG

Oops, I didn't realize that modmod including BUG already exists.
I had done reinventing the wheel, hehe.
Actually, this seems to be the only 'pure' FFH + BUG mod. All the other mods with BUG in it have other features as well, some of which I do not like much. I'll have ot take a look at this when I get home tonight, good work!

Thanks Onionsoilder and Aeon221.:)

FfH2 has many differences from original civ4, and there is many mismatches with BUG.
I'm working now on sevopedia for matching with FfH2.

Top Bottom