Votes: 3 0.6%
  • University of Sankore

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Versailles

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • The Internet

Votes: 44 8.5%

• Total voters
I can't believe people voted for Angkor Wat. It's one of my favorite wonders. It's on the way to lib and makes it really easy to farm a guaranteed GPP for holy shrines.

The AI normally bags it really quickly though.

EDIT: Nope, I'm thinking Temple of Artemis there.

Angkor Wat is good in a religion heavy game, not my style.

EDIT2: No, I was thinking University of Sankore ;) Angkor Wat is great yeah, makes priests better than engineers.

But how can teching slow down your spacehip parts? I don't get it.

It can be handy to have some techs at hand for trades too, for the sake of late-game diplomacy.

The issue at hand is that you are somehow coming up way short on production. Can't you put up 5-6 40-50 base hammer cities? That's all you really need if you have aluminum to finish the spaceship within 10 turns of researching the last space tech.

You're not going to tell me you're researching advanced flight, stealth, robotics all in 10 turns right?

It seems to be that either you're falling short in pure hammers (workshop over some stuff) or in planning (the order you research the techs and where you build what part can affect finish time too).

Shwedagon Paya is good in Wonderspam/SSE games. Aesthetics is on the way to Literature fpr the Great Library and National Epic. It allows you to get the benefits of Pacifism while delaying Philosophy until you actually have a need for (which is as a prerequisite for Education).

For me, it is close.
Either The Space Elevator, because, the idea seems so impractical.
or The Internet, because, by the time to can build it, you already have most of the technologies, so, it could be completely useless in game terms.
Plus, I don't like seeing Al Gore's face. I hope they have removed that ex-politician finally from the game for Civ V.
I voted the The Space Elevator.

I see alot of people voted for the Chicken Itza thing.
I admit I rarely build that one, but, at least it could protect a newly built city some, until walls, castle or more units arrive.

I hardly ever even attempt to build wonders, as I never seem to finish them when I did try, but I voted anyways. The internet is a pretty silly one to me.

My games are pretty much over by the time it's available so I dont see its point.

Edit Actually that's not entirely right. I build the chit out of some national wonders pretty much every game

Cristo Redento!! It would be good if it came a bit earlier but the only advantage it offers comes after you have usually began locking in civics through the UN. That late in the game Spiritual trait just doesn't have much appeal anymore. You are effectively spending all those hammers for a trait that no longer really matters.

Cristo Redento!! It would be good if it came a bit earlier but the only advantage it offers comes after you have usually began locking in civics through the UN. That late in the game Spiritual trait just doesn't have much appeal anymore. You are effectively spending all those hammers for a trait that no longer really matters.

The espionage abuse potential for CR is absolutely enormous. That isn't its only use but that by itself puts it way ahead of SE, Itza, Sophia, etc.

and btw it's not a simple spiritual trait added, it's far more better: you can swap civic and religion EVERY TURN. Welcome whip and draft abuse

Switch into 5 undesirable civics, espionage your enemies into those civics, switch back into the civics you actually want to run.

Too easy.

Especially when said civic swaps kill AI relations.

Don't forget that you can swap them into heathen religions then swap back too, often opening up war bribes.

Meh, all of those still don't offer it any credibility to me. None of those things will help you win the game. Especially, at that point in the game. About the only one being called into question that I would rank along side it is the space elevator. But even then if you can have a GE "pop it" and have aluminum it isn't too bad.
CR sucks even when you have it. At least the SE can speed up a victory in a rare scenario. CR doesn't aid in that. Slave and draft abuse are alright, as they may speed up a domination. But at this stage in the game your domination should be in the bag. Time is much better spent building more military to speed it along.

I think the Sophia and the Itza are decent if you can obtain them early. CR and SE can't really offer much even if you attain them "early". This may be a difficulty setting thing but CR just isn't that attractive where it is on the tech tree. Maybe if it came a few techs sooner.

Meh, all of those still don't offer it any credibility to me. None of those things will help you win the game. Especially, at that point in the game. About the only one being called into question that I would rank along side it is the space elevator. But even then if you can have a GE "pop it" and have aluminum it isn't too bad.
CR sucks even when you have it. At least the SE can speed up a victory in a rare scenario. CR doesn't aid in that. Slave and draft abuse are alright, as they may speed up a domination. But at this stage in the game your domination should be in the bag.

I think the Sophia and the Itza are decent if you can obtain them early. CR and SE can't really offer much even if you attain them "early". This may be a difficulty setting thing but CR just isn't that attractive where it is on the tech tree. Maybe if it came a few techs sooner.

Just because you can't be creative enough to think of ways to use the CR to screw relations to the point of "nobody can declare on the human" doesn't mean that the wonder is useless.

Nevermind that manipulating using it can easily win diplomatic victories outright.

Between anti-war, starting ai-ai wars, and eliciting votes at the perfect time before an election, you can't possibly say this wonder is useless or anywhere near the bottom sludge scrape that is SE. It's in the top half of wonders easily.

Meh, all of those still don't offer it any credibility to me. None of those things will help you win the game.

Whaaaa? Are you kidding? There are some games that can't be won without breaking down an unnassailable super-bloc of cosy AIs. This is done through manipulating civics and religions, and that is done with the Cristo.

Did anyone see that 40 civ RPC with Madscientist? Although it was kind of gimmicky, Internet pretty much won the game for him.

Madscientist's RPC?

Just because you can't be creative enough to think of ways to use the CR to screw relations to the point of "nobody can declare on the human" doesn't mean that the wonder is useless.

Nevermind that manipulating using it can easily win diplomatic victories outright.

Between anti-war, starting ai-ai wars, and eliciting votes at the perfect time before an election, you can't possibly say this wonder is useless or anywhere near the bottom sludge scrape that is SE. It's in the top half of wonders easily.

I have never needed to be that creative for an endgame win. I play Prince and Monarch. By the time that the CR rolls around if my victory isn't already achieved, I am mopping up. If you exclude Corps and shrines, there are about 30 wonders in the game. I would not rank CR in the top half.
Deterring AI can be done by other means. Just because something is great on Immortal does not mean it holds its strength at lower levels. And if I play at Prince/Monarch and claim that the CR is not worthwhile, it is perfectly valid.

All of these convoluted schemes involving the CR are situational. IF the ai has an unassailable [by other means] co-op going on. IF you need to anti-war/ [start] ai-ai wars/ eliciting votes at the perfect time before an election. I rarely run across problems that can't be solved without it. I will admit it is possible a couple games out of many could have went another way with these schemes. But not enough to make it "top tier easily".

Just because TMIT disagrees does not mean that my opinion is worthless.

Christo Redentor is good, you have access to all the civics (except maybe environmentalism ;) by then, and you can change every turn.

Top Bottom