[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

I'm wondering about that actually.

When I have been able to successfully alt tab out of Civ V, I see for a moment that the movie frame is still there.

I'm wondering if the movie is staying in memory is some way shape or form, and by not loading it all it makes things a bit more efficient?

THIS.I have had numerous problems with making screenshots via prt scr key.Most time instead of the actual screenshot I get a frame of the starting video.Imo it loads in some cash file and fixing that should make the game run better on older systems.

Don't see this on the list but: Building and disbanding units gives a higher return of gold than building wealth. There is never any reason to have your city build wealth as a result.

This depends on whether you pay maintenance as soon as the unit is built. Since the maintenance scales up, you might pay 12G or more in addition to the build cost, depending on how large your army is.

THIS.I have had numerous problems with making screenshots via prt scr key.Most time instead of the actual screenshot I get a frame of the starting video.Imo it loads in some cash file and fixing that should make the game run better on older systems.

I'm guessing you're pressing Prt Scr and then paste in an image program? Prt Scr actually puts screenshots in the user directory.

Now that you mention it, does anyone know a way to get the game to save screenshots in a more common format like jpeg? At the moment, they save as .tga files. I had to download an image-viewing program just to look at them, and then re-save them as jpeg for uploading to image-shack or similar.

Just to clarify the above post as well, for those who aren't aware of it, look in: My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ScreenShots

I'm guessing you're pressing Prt Scr and then paste in an image program? Prt Scr actually puts screenshots in the user directory.

Thanks for the tip :)

There is still the question of why do I get the opening cinematic snap picture when I paste it in paint tho?! If it can be used to make the game playable for older machines then it should be up in the list.

I miss how you could manage your entire empire (cities at least) from the city overview screen. You could change city focus, queue buildings, limit growth et cetera. City overview (F2) is nothing like this.

Thanks for the tip :)

There is still the question of why do I get the opening cinematic snap picture when I paste it in paint tho?! If it can be used to make the game playable for older machines then it should be up in the list.

Fullscreen games and then Prt Scr + Paste almost never works. It's doable if you go windowed mode however.

I miss how you could manage your entire empire (cities at least) from the city overview screen. You could change city focus, queue buildings, limit growth et cetera. City overview (F2) is nothing like this.

There are multiple overview screens missing, e.g. diplomacy overview can't tell you who wants what, who hates who, etc, etc. All the info you need to make the decisions. Let's not get into graphs :rolleyes:

One thing I really wanna see is a feature that show you a information box of what will happen if you choose different stuff in diplomacy.

Example: "You hoover the mouse over an option in diploscreen and what will this do. Will your rep. suffer ect?"

Has anyone else noticed that the autosave intervals are verrryy large in this game? Back in Civ IV, the game autosaved every 4 turns--I thought that was very reasonable, especially considering it saved me from having to redo hours of my life when my game crashed.

But in Civ V, autosaves are every 10 turns--more than double the Civ IV interval. Is there anyway to make them more frequent?

But in Civ V, autosaves are every 10 turns--more than double the Civ IV interval. Is there anyway to make them more frequent?
Click where it read 10 and delete a 0.

Thanks a lot for the effort that it must have taken to compile this list.

You can also add the interface problem mentioned by sulla in his playthrough:

When you acquire cities by diplomacy (e.g. as part of a peace treaty), you have to decide whether to keep them (annex/puppet/raze) without being given a chance to view them. (But, i guess you can always choose to puppet them and then raze/annex from the city screen on the same turn).

Also, i think this one is wrong:

"Add being able to mouse over a worker and see how long he has left to build something"

You can actually mouse over a worker and it will tell you how many turns are left to finish building an improvement.

* City states sometimes request you build an obsolete wonder.

The problem with mods only on C:/ has been adressed with the latest patch

"Addressed" apparently doesn't mean fixed, because I've tried twice since that patch installed, and I still can't install mods. :dunno:

I'll go start a thread in bugs, I guess. If anyone knows any work arounds, PM me. I would love to use this 'unprecedented modability.'

UPDATE:

Alright, I got it to work. I had to go to my MODS folder and delete the mod I've already downloaded, re-download it, and then it worked as normal. I suppose this will work fine for people who start downloading mods after this patch, but for those of us that attempted to do so pre-patch, it's been a frustrating mess.

(Unimportant & Self-Indulgent Rant) You know, I was one of the faithful going into Civ5. The more and more I play, and the more and more bugs I encounter, the more frustrated I get with this release. I still think it has amazing potential, and I look forward to what this game will be like in the future, but right now I feel like a beta tester right before release.

* City states sometimes request you build an obsolete wonder.

Wonders aren't obsolete in Civ V (with the exception of The Colossus). If you mean a wonder which was already built, then that's a bug. Please report it with a screenshot and a save game to the bug report sub-forum.

I have a suspecion it might be Machu Pichu or whatever, since that can only be built in cities within 2 hexes of a mountain, it wasn't completed until the modern age in my game.

1.5 City Screen

* If you can buy a tile from two different cities, the price to buy it depends on the city you buy it for. I dont know if that is intended, but if not, it should be fixed.

I would like to add some ideas to the list that I didn't see (if I just missed them, then sorry, I will have a closer look at the list later and add several more)

- ability to disable the intro movie / reasoning: the intro is pretty, but once you've seen it you don't care, also when I click/hit any key, it takes like 20 second while the intro movies continues before the intro is finally skipped and I can see the main menu (I already edited this in the config file but I guess casual players would like the option too)

- ability to use advanced settings when you play a scenario / reasoning: when you play a "real scenario" this could make sense, but when you just want to use a premade map with starting locations there is really no reason why you shouldn't be able to go to advanced settings (which you cant once you click the "load scenario" button)

Nice list. Two suggestions to add from CIV 3 (I can't believe that the first one STILL isn't in CIV 4; the other doesn't apply to that game).

1. Allow use of the arrow keys to go from AI to AI in the trading screens, same way as they are used to go from city to city. Remember to keep up the state of the screens.

2. GPT should be worth less than gold, not more. Even in these days of Helicopter Ben, loans still have interest on them.

- ability to disable the intro movie / reasoning: the intro is pretty, but once you've seen it you don't care, also when I click/hit any key, it takes like 20 second while the intro movies continues before the intro is finally skipped and I can see the main menu (I already edited this in the config file but I guess casual players would like the option too)

If you search for "intro movie" you'll find many posts about how to disable it and why it supposedly takes time to skip it.

Won a game by capturing all capital cities today with Elizabeth. A military victory is waaay to easy compared with Civ4. At no time did the AI/other civs react to the fact that my 10-12 unit strong army just went from capital to capital until only one opponent was left some 260-270 turns into the game. You gotta love longbows, but this is ridiculous

Victory by military conquest shold be changed completly. There's practically no strategic difficulty in achieving this kind of victory, only tactically and the logistics in transporting your army around the world, open borders etc.

Top Bottom