1.0.1.674 Undocumented Patch Notes

You're misunderstood.. women can't be refered to as "Lord".. they are refered to as "Lady".. and up until now, females were ALWAYS refered to as Lord. They finally fixed this issue, so I'm presuming this includes Lady, and Chairwoman (instead of Chairman).

I suppose. Could of sworn in my current game Catherine was still referred as a lord though.

Just posted this in the official thread as well, but I've noticed that
Not sure if people have noticed this, but bombarding embarked units with airpower no longer sink them instantly.

I used to be able to sink any embarked unit even with fighters.

They now take the appropriate bombard damage.
Except for artillery. These fools refused to die! :cry: Now you're saying they are not the only one anymore? Good to know. :) And good patch! :D

AI dosent seems to offer all their citys for peace.

They still do, but here's the catch: you have to really, really win big against those runaways. Like every turn you disappear their units wholesale while your force is still strong as ever, and they as a civilization are threatened with extinction.

Spoiler :

here's a bug: the gpt says 30 turns. But when peace treaty expires at the end of 10 turns, the gpt also ends!

Except for artillery. These fools refused to die! :cry: Now you're saying they are not the only one anymore? Good to know. :) And good patch! :D

Yeah I noticed SBs are taking a longer time to kill those units, especially if they are on difficult terrain like hills or forests (and protected by AA guns)

You can still one shot embarked units that aren't artillery - just do them with upgraded SBs or bombers

here's a bug: the gpt says 30 turns. But when peace treaty expires at the end of 10 turns, the gpt also ends!

yeah, that's a bug related to both getting a city + the resources in that city listed in the peace deal.

Once the 10 turns are up, the game seems to realize that it's giving you resources that the AI doesn't actually have, and therefore breaks the deal. Ofc, only the first 10 turns of the deal are actually protected from treaty breaking due to this.

i swear when i used a great scientist to bulb a tech it gave me the normal 'choose research' button instead of 'choose free tech' so i ended up wasting a free tech on masonry that would have taken one turn to research normally anyway.

seems like getting any great person is incrementing the counter (ie finish liberty or build hagia sophia)

AI dosent seems to offer all their citys for peace.

I had the opposite happen, actually. I took Washington's capital in a recent game, and routed his army. He offered me all the rest of his cities aside New York once he saw what was coming. I was a little surprised.

I had the opposite happen, actually. I took Washington's capital in a recent game, and routed his army. He offered me all the rest of his cities aside New York once he saw what was coming. I was a little surprised.

Yeah, you smashed his armies with little loss, he was faced with extinction, he would rather be set aside in a small city or two rather than be completely wiped out.

I wonder if warmongers like Montezuma or Napoleon would give in as easily...

A few things I've noticed:

1. Sometimes developed strategic resources within the civ boundary, though outside of the three-city hex range, seem to disappear. [Edit: the benefit disappears, that is, the resource is still on the map with the mine on it.] I've had this happen with a 6-iron and an 8 aluminum resource...rather annoying ...

2. When an enemy unit is destroyed sometimes the graphics don't show the "final kill"...which means having to double check that the unit is actually gone....a minor annoyance

3. If you are killing off a unit for culture points ..eg barbarians....if you look at the culture numbers at the top of the screen you seem to know the outcome of the action as soon as you click, but before the graphics complete.... no big deal I guess..but a bit clumsy...

4. The game has definitely slowed down for me, particularly the early game...this can be quite annoying when there are a string of "next turn" moves with very little action required in my civ. (Annoying enough that if I'm tired, the action becomes so slow I'm afraid I might fall asleep... :)...later in the game if I'm having to do a lot of planning it doesn't seem to be quite as annoying....)

I don't see how the free great person wouldn't be considered a bug. If it moves the counter then it isn't exactly "free". If it isn't a bug then they did it to nerf Liberty a little or because of the Mayan UA?

Anyway, has anyone else noticed an increase in graphics errors? I get so many of those ghost units (enemy unit is missing or on the wrong tile and/or no icon above the unit) in the late game that I resorted to moving my cursor around every turn to identify units.

I don't see how the free great person wouldn't be considered a bug. If it moves the counter then it isn't exactly "free". If it isn't a bug then they did it to nerf Liberty a little or because of the Mayan UA?
Well, they used to be free great persons and now they are just instant. :D
Don't know if that's supposed to nerf Liberty. If you're right, they've chosen one weird way to do that. From what I managed to see from Greg's stream, the finisher hasn't changed. :rolleyes:
BTW, unless I'm mistaken - I wasn't paying too much attention when it actually happened, GS from PT didn't influence future cost. Only those from HS and Liberty finisher.

3. If you are killing off a unit for culture points ..eg barbarians....if you look at the culture numbers at the top of the screen you seem to know the outcome of the action as soon as you click, but before the graphics complete.... no big deal I guess..but a bit clumsy...
The same happens with experience. The bar moves before the battle is done.

One change I noticed. AI's will now bombard embarked units. I used to be able to hang out outside their cities in the water without worry.

I can confim there's no "XXXX civilization has been conquered!" message that pops up when you wipe out another civ, or if another (known) civ wipes out another (known) civ. I had to check twice to make sure that the Incas were gone. I dunno how it works if you *don't* know the civ that's been eradicated, however.

Regularly check the Victory Progress screen

Turn on scoreboards in the main menu options; you'll see a graylisted 0 of that eradicated civilization in the same game it was eliminated

Neutral Cathy gave me only 10 Gold for "open borders" and refused a fair "open borders" to "open borders" but wanted an additional 65 gold from me.

Also:
- Now there is an "Retire" Button in the in-game menu.
- You can deactivate DLCs in the game menu (which i used to turn off polynesia, because i never like to meet em)

Did thee Ai get... Smarter in this patch? I played a test game and both the Japanese and the Iroquois declared war on me, even though I had a much better score, and military than them. Before, the only time the AI declared war on me was when they had a better score and military.

Were their forces acting in a coalition manner to swipe you?

Top Bottom