[BTS Python/XML] Petra Mod (UB Wonder Mod)

GIR

It'sNotStupidIt'sAdvanced
update: version1.1

Here is another mini mod:

PetraMod (UB Wonder Mod)

It adds a new Wonder: (The city of) Petra (building (Petra Monastery) by hrochland)
The wonder building is more or less a placeholder but I don’t know what ancient building fit better to the python code.
The wonder comes with a nice python code:

The Petra Wonder gives you the ability to use Unique Buildings (UB) from other civilizations.
With this wonder you can capture enemy UBs. That means when you conquer a roman city with a Forum in it you will get the Forum and not only a plain Market. Of course you will only get it if it’s not destroyed by your attack.
Also you will get a UB replacement after building a city improvement that is a UB of one of your Vassals and you will get a 25% chance to build a UB instead of the default building in the home city.

Some pics:

Have fun!

File:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6903

A very original Idea indeed, I think you could even go up a notch or two on the effect like ...

"Build unique Buildings of your Vassals"
"Build unique Buildings of Foreign Cultures in your Cities" (some threshold would be required)
"Build unique Buildings of your Allies"
"Build unique Buildings of opponents you have Infiltrated" (espionage ratio or some such thing)

Then drop the other effects so its laser focused on the new effect (I always think one big effect is better then several small ones).

Impaler[WrG];5885608 said:
A very original Idea indeed, I think you could even go up a notch or two on the effect like ...

"Build unique Buildings of your Vassals"
"Build unique Buildings of Foreign Cultures in your Cities" (some threshold would be required)
"Build unique Buildings of your Allies"
"Build unique Buildings of opponents you have Infiltrated" (espionage ratio or some such thing)

Then drop the other effects so its laser focused on the new effect (I always think one big effect is better then several small ones).

ohh, that are very nice ideas!
the one with the vassals is really great! (i hate the vassals because it's some kind of weak in my opinion but with this it will make it worth (at least more than before)).

what do you mean with "other effects"? do you mean the trade routes and defence stuff? if yes, i would love to but unfortunately if i drop them the AI won't build the wonder (<- because the AI dont know the python effects). so it's some kind of ballancing.

edit:
@ Impaler[WrG]
btw, is it possible to make a python/xml mod like this modular?
i tried it but i don't know how this should work with the python code...

The xml portions yes, the Python could use the DEJ eventmanager to be the closest thing to modular for python but you would still have two 'chunks' to plug in and it wouldn't be truely modular in that respect.

Implementing the logic in the SDK could allow full modular function (with the aproprite DLL ofcourse) and allow the AI to recognize the effect. I'd sugjest playing around with the additional effects in Python first and getting a feel for balance and fun. Then a convertion to SDK could be tried, I'll sugjest it to the WoC team when you think its ready.

P.S. I think Alhambra would be a good wonder to link this effect too, the flavor is good cause its a Moorish fortress/mosque that was taken by Spain so the effect and history jive. I don't know if anyones done artwork for it though, perhaps it could be commissioned.

Whoa nice sweet idea. :goodjob:

Thanks! That's exactly what I'm looking for. The download link seems to be broken though.

Top Bottom