A true Earth Map

Da_V_Man

Chock full of V goodness
If there was an earth map that was the same size (in square kilometers) as Earth itself, what would it's size be? I wonder about this because a large empire (on a large map, about 25 cities) is only 500 000 Square KM. With that in mind, I'd LOVE to play an Earth-sized map.

Wikipedia says Earth's surface area is about 500 million square kilometers. That's a thousand times the size of that large empire on a large map. I guess you could mod the game so that it gave you 1000x surface area to play with, but would you really, really want that? Even if you had a computer fast enough to handle it you're looking at managing thousands of cities. Hundreds of opponents. SoDs too large to display on a single screen. No thank you, I'm happy with a standard sized map.

Wikipedia says Earth's surface area is about 500 million square kilometers. That's a thousand times the size of that large empire on a large map. I guess you could mod the game so that it gave you 1000x surface area to play with, but would you really, really want that? Even if you had a computer fast enough to handle it you're looking at managing thousands of cities. Hundreds of opponents. SoDs too large to display on a single screen. No thank you, I'm happy with a standard sized map.

It would add to the epicness of the game, and make it seem like a feat to beat such a game, to win a war, to do anything succesfully. If I had a supercomputer, I would SO do that. The only thing is that I would have to add a lot of custom civs because you would otherwise never run into another player.

It would add to the epicness of the game, and make it seem like a feat to beat such a game, to win a war, to do anything succesfully. If I had a supercomputer, I would SO do that. The only thing is that I would have to add a lot of custom civs because you would otherwise never run into another player.

Good luck completing it before the Modern Age ;)

also for the civs, that's what civ gold is for.

Here's another link to someone making a huge earth map: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=233586
It's not exactly the size your looking for, but it's a start.

Good luck completing it before the Modern Age ;)

also for the civs, that's what civ gold is for.

Here's another link to someone making a huge earth map: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=233586
It's not exactly the size your looking for, but it's a start.

I don't think my computer would be able to handle it.

Unfortunatley, I know this, and so this idea is but a dream, but it still sounds awesomme. I don't think any computer could handle such a game. Maybe in civ 3, but then there is the 512 city limit.

I think the Earth maps are a bit on the small size. The Charlemagne scenario is a good size for Europe, so a map scaled to that would be very nice indeed.

Top Bottom