True Start Location Earth Maps

BITS is the MS Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Go to Start -> Run... and type in 'msconfig' (no quotes), then click on the last tab in the window that pops up. Scroll down to BITS and make sure it's enabled. If it's already turned on, then... I dunno - I'm a Linux guy, not Windows. Sorry! :-/

Hey there, thank's! I followed your instructions. It's turned on, but status says "Stopped". Any idea's?

So is there anyone that's going to work on a really good huge true earth map? Or are most people just accepting what we've got already?

Just curious.

So is there anyone that's going to work on a really good huge true earth map? Or are most people just accepting what we've got already?

Just curious.

You can convert GEM earth maps with the worldbuilder. Except it wont convert any resources that aren't in civ 5. And you'll have to manually assign the quantity of each strategic resource.

the question will be whether we will be able to get a map bigger than 128 x 80, which is the max.

the question will be whether we will be able to get a map bigger than 128 x 80, which is the max.
Yes you can, I made a map that is 107 x 90. It will be interesting to see what the huge and detailed maps look like in hexagon style.

Just like to drop in the comments that I've played 2 games so far on your maps, one on huge, one on large.

Egypt is a bit screwy on Large, for some reason it it starts on a "team" with Cape Town it seems, and 3 other civilizations appears to be teams as well (Greece, India, and maybe another).

Love the maps, great job!

How did you do that?
It was one that I imported from Civilization 4. When I go to scale it though, it does use the 124 x 80 max or something. Does anyone know how to just cut off or add a part to the map? Like for my map, I am considering cutting off part of the north, and/or adding onto the south.

Like the mod, but with the scenario thing I can't change the winning conditions. Any ideas? Also quick off topic question, how do I keep it to where the hexagons show all the time? Thanks!

Dale,

I have a few tweaks I would like to make, but how do link the tweak to the TSL so that the start locations stay permanent?

MODIFIED VERSION OF THE TSL HUGE MAP[...]

Installation:

The easiest way I have found to "install" this file is to simply rename the old TSL Huge map (add for example "Backup" or "Old") and replace it with the one I have attached in the same file location. After that it should work.

Hmmm, that´s what I did but the map doesn´t show up when loading Dale´s mod. Any suggestion? :confused:

Got 2 CTDs before 3000 BC trying out Egypt. :(

Strange.

Does the CTD prevent you from playing further if you exit and reload?

Also, have you had any similar CTDs with the unaltered version?

I don't want to give anyone the impression that I know more about this than I do. I just made a few quick and simple changes in the World Builder, which was recently released. If CTDs are occurring, I really have no idea why or how to remove them :(

It´s ok - they´re graphics related... Apparently my new PC can´t handle the Leader movies, so I lowered the quality again. and yes, the original crashed around 1775 AD. (And repeats the crash after autosave reload... That one isn´t graphics related AFAIK, as I had graphics quality set at minimum.) Sorry for reporting a non-bug. :blush:

If you have Enable Scenario ticked, there should be no problem.

EDIT: Oops! I´m currently on Shiggs map... But I don´t recall this happeninng with the original TSL, so my comment might still be helpful. ;)

Top Bottom