IGN: DS screens, Wii version postponed indefinitely

Mrop

Chieftain
That is most likely the case. Firaxis is not a large studio.

jason explained this decision pretty eloquently on the 2K Forums, so i'll just quote him here:

"Unlike many other Wii versions of games, the plan for CivRev Wii was to do it in-house at Firaxis, just like the DS, 360 and PS3 versions of the game. Unfortunately we came to the conclusion that Firaxis didn't have the manpower to do four versions of the game simultaneously and we didn't want the quality loss that comes from licensing out a port, so it was put on hold.

That doesn't mean we won't revisit it in the future, just that right now, CivRev for Wii is on indefinite hiatus.

I know you were looking forward to the Wii version, and I'm sorry, but we'd rather not do it than do it and have it not stand up to the other versions of the game (or worse, have all four versions be lower quality because of it)."

Turns out I need to read the frontpage more often though. :S

yea, they do have the market. And some things like pointer which probly works nice with strategy games :)

With 2 screens, especially with one being a touch screen, makes the DS a much better platform for the game than the PSP. Now, the only reason I bought a DS was so I could have it to play Civ Rev, but I would still feel the same if Civ Rev was coming out for the PSP instead, but I'd own a PSP right now :D

Top Bottom