Will there be offline multiplayer?? Elizabeth2k do you know?

but no hotseat? :( tis a shame...I'd love to play with my brothers, as they aren't likely go out and pick up CivRev so without hotseat, I won't be able to play multiplayer with them.

Hotseat shoulda been a no-brainer for the DS. A hotseat game of Civ Rev would have the been the perfect thing for long car trips!

To summarize the thread, dshirk (a Firaxian) confirmed it for the 360 (in system link mode) and the DS (in local peer to peer mode). There is no hot seat (since all players need to give their orders at the same time).

Is this information available somewhere officially? From what I read it looked like you just had the option of running a game with simultaneous moves or traditional.

About hot seat. If you can only do simultaneous moves then it will be hard to have hot seat considering you wont see anything on a small TV if you are going split screen in a strategy game. The only hot seat that would work is that you take turns sitting by the computer and that what happened while your friend was playing is replayed for you.

The only hotseat I want is to play as allies with my friends though, and then you don't have this problem since you are both working together. It shouldn't be hard to include this feature really and they should really allow the traditional way of playing.

In the official 2kforums in the question & answers thread one guy says "Yep, we should have hotseat" while Elizabeth answers on a question about online hotseat something like "no we wont have hotseat multiplayer". What this means I don't know, I can only hope that it means hotseat is still there but that you cannot play online with it since it would be strange with 2 players using the same network account. But still you could have unranked matches like this. It is starting to become a trend that developers do not include small features that really matters to some people and that wouldnt cost them too much time of development.

And hi everyone :)

Is this information available somewhere officially? From what I read it looked like you just had the option of running a game with simultaneous moves or traditional.

About hot seat. If you can only do simultaneous moves then it will be hard to have hot seat considering you wont see anything on a small TV if you are going split screen in a strategy game. The only hot seat that would work is that you take turns sitting by the computer and that what happened while your friend was playing is replayed for you.

The only hotseat I want is to play as allies with my friends though, and then you don't have this problem since you are both working together. It shouldn't be hard to include this feature really and they should really allow the traditional way of playing.

In the official 2kforums in the question & answers thread one guy says "Yep, we should have hotseat" while Elizabeth answers on a question about online hotseat something like "no we wont have hotseat multiplayer". What this means I don't know, I can only hope that it means hotseat is still there but that you cannot play online with it since it would be strange with 2 players using the same network account. But still you could have unranked matches like this. It is starting to become a trend that developers do not include small features that really matters to some people and that wouldnt cost them too much time of development.

And hi everyone :)

Just in case anybody is confused, hotseat is a type of gameplay where you take a turn and then somebody else takes a turn all at the same computer. You get up and leave the computer when it's not your turn, since the other person(s) is(are) in the "hot seat". Obviously you couldn't have a hotseat game if it was real time. On the DS it would be extremely simple, as you just pass the DS back and forth. :king:

Just to confirm, there is no hotseat in Civilization Revolution. While it is something that some people enjoy on the PC, Sid didn't think that it would work very well sitting in front of a TV with friends, especially with the ease of online play on this gen of game consoles.

Just to confirm, there is no hotseat in Civilization Revolution. While it is something that some people enjoy on the PC, Sid didn't think that it would work very well sitting in front of a TV with friends, especially with the ease of online play on this gen of game consoles.

I see a Firaxis logo, is this then a official statement from a developer? It saddens me if there is no hotseat as to many sitting in front of the TV with friends is all what consoles are about. But I shouldn't contradict myself, consoles are becoming more and more like PCs so its not all about sitting in front of the TV with friends anymore. However I think that if hotseat is working for PC it should really work for consoles as well if not better.

Top Bottom