any ideas for "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: The Movie"?

Has there been a single video game inspired movie that didn't suck?

It depends on how hot you find Angelina Jolie.

Okay. I have a list of cast members & a composer for SMAC: The Movie. Any comments & suggestions are welcome. I only thought up for the major characters. You can add minor charachter that aren't in the game if you like.
Just fill in the question marks if you like to cast a role for an actor or actress.
Commissioner Lal-???
Colonel Santiago-Penelope Cruz
Sister Miriam-???
CEO Morgan-???
Academician Zaharov-The person who played Mad-Eyed Moody in the Harry Potter films.
Chairman Yang-???(Jet Li perhaps?)
Lady Dierde Skye-Kirstin Dunst or Kiera Knightly (Take your pick)

Composer for the soundtrack-Phillip Glass

"Academician Zaharov-The person who played Mad-Eyed Moody in the Harry Potter films."

- Brendan Gleeson. He'd probably do it too.

"Academician Zaharov-The person who played Mad-Eyed Moody in the Harry Potter films."

- Brendan Gleeson. He'd probably do it too.

You know what, for those statements made by other members you want to post but don't want other members to quote the statement you posted in the post, just click the "Quote button" at the bottom part of the post.

I feel as if the only way you could make a good movie of SMAC would be as a movie version of the (very long) introduction story, about the collapse of the Unity. It actually could be really good, too.

I suppose you could then also make movies based on the novels (Centauri Dawn, Dragon Sun and Twilight of the Mind), but to have the whole thing end on such a negative note, the way Twilight of the Mind does...

Rachel Weiss as Deirdra, no doubt about it.
Morgan Freeman as Morgan, obviously.
Zak.. hm. That's less obvious. I'll get back to you on that.
Michelle Rodriguez as Santiago. Penelope Cruz? Are you crazy? Santiago has to be a badass.
Yang.. are there any old asian guys in Hollywood? We might have to pick a no-name, there.
Alexander Siddig is my best guess for Pravin Lal. I can't think of any Indian actors, but his acting in Kingdom of Heaven and Syriana lead me to believe he'd do well.
And.. how about Susan Sarandon for Miriam? I bet she'd love that. :lol:

I think the prequel idea is a pretty good one, but the problem with that is there isn't a resolution at the end. Everyone just factions off and goes their seperate ways.

I think this would work best as a story about persueing transcendence, but not with reduced emphasis on the mind worms. The mind worms and increasing fungal activity are what force the point. Without those, there's no modivation and the plot just becomes a lame art-house flick.

The main problem I see with this is I have trouble seeing how you can introduce an audience to all this and then have a plot that spans several hundred years in the course of two (or even four) hours. You either have to cut out a lot of stuff, or just leave the audience in the dark about what most of what their talking about means.

I see this as being a better graphic novel or possibly TV show. I'm partial to Anime, and I think that would be the best approach. Whenever TV takes a SciFi concept and makes it into a series, you end up with a repackaged Star Trek. I think an Anime would have a better chance of approching it as a unique story, and not trying to fit it into a box. But, of course, that could still happen.

It's just that with American TV... it *will* happen. The SciFi channel would get it and it would just be another endless regurgitation of familiar themes.

Has there been a single video game inspired movie that didn't suck?

I liked the first Resident Evil flick, they got progressively worse. Silent Hill was pretty . .. .. .. .ed up, but I never played the games.

Top Bottom