Just starting this game, how to deal with the warmongers

Sn0wL30pard

Chieftain
I am only on talent level, I hope to eventually get to transcendent (forlon I know). Usually I play with Lal. The biggest problem I find is dealing with the three warmongers. This is especially true since Lal cannot get police state, and his support is low and there is not much in the way of military. Any tips?

Welcome to the Alpha Centauri forum!

If you're not already doing so, you could try playing on larger maps. That will give you more time to build up your empire before the bad guys come calling. Another suggestion: Just give in to all their demands in the early part of the game. They'll usually leave you alone for awhile. You can later take your revenge when you are more powerful than they are.

you can research an fairly early tech (forgot the name) that allows you to build units with clean reactors, i.e. they have no upkeep cost.

you can research an fairly early tech (forgot the name) that allows you to build units with clean reactors, i.e. they have no upkeep cost.

Bio Engineering is build 5 and so not very early especially with slow tech games. So you should (Question asker) build bases for support purposes or move units to other bases before to front lines to spread support costs more evenly.

NEVER let your main war foundries get bogged down in support. Use crawlers and infrastructure/boreholes to push up productivity and punch out units as fast as you can. Building bases (defended and probe team if needed) very close to enemy frontiers can provide a forward position for defense or offense and allow you to temporarily shunt support even if only momentarily off your main producer bases. Also there are the advantages of repair and of defending a base that also serves as a forward air base/possibly naval base.

Top Bottom