BTS Freeze

B-Link

Chieftain
I've got a problem with freezing in BTS. The game freezes after 15 min. of playing in every mode I can play. It's not CTD or BSOD it just stays freezed with music in background!
I'm running on XP/SP2 and updated DX 9.0c.
My sys is AMD2500+, GF6800Ultra, 768MB RAM!

I've installed all patches, but the problem stays unsolved.

Does anybody have this freezing problem?

The game seems to freeze when task switching from full screen mode. Either manually or like when an IM pops up. I changed it to windowed mode. Before BtS the game did not freeze when task switching.

I've got a problem with freezing in BTS. The game freezes after 15 min. of playing in every mode I can play. It's not CTD or BSOD it just stays freezed with music in background!
I'm running on XP/SP2 and updated DX 9.0c.
My sys is AMD2500+, GF6800Ultra, 768MB RAM!

I've installed all patches, but the problem stays unsolved.

Does anybody have this freezing problem?

What's your sound card?

1) Try updating your graphics driver for DirectX 9.0c
2) try posting your question in the support forum instead of here. ;)

I've got Creative X-Fi Music sound card, and I updated dx9.0c to June version! This is very annoying! I'll try now with windowed mode!

One other thought - does the computer have similar time-related freezes with any other games? I had a similar problem with my old setup; the computer would routinely freeze or crash at around 15 minutes played, but on different games - turned out my graphics card was going out and starting to have heat issues, and the +/- 15 minute point was where it would get hot enough to crash/freeze whatever game was running....

Probably not what's happening to you, but now I've officially posted at work today, so I can go be productive... nah!

Thank you for your post jeffreyac but I've played other games normaly e.g. Call of Juarez, PES6... And I've checked in Everest my temps when game freeze, and everything is normal CPU at 45C, GPU 56C

I have just tried windowd mode and I've played less than a minute. Everything freezes and my monitor enters in sleep mode.
Sad, very sad!

Now I noticed that game freezes when leader try to contact me. Till now leaders contacted me fine, and freeze had been at the end of the turn and start of the new one. Now I saw the face/menu of the leader and BANG freeze. I think the problem is in video. Can I turn down the video of leaders?

I've got Creative X-Fi Music sound card, and I updated dx9.0c to June version! This is very annoying! I'll try now with windowed mode!

I had the same problem with this game. I tried to find solution all over the internet and I finally fixed it. It was Creative's card problem. In BIOS try different values for "PCI Latency". Mine was set to 64 and I decreased it to 32. The problem is gone completely. Hope this works for you too.

I have Award BIOS, and I don't have option PCI Latency only AGP frequency wich is set to 66 Mhz, and I can't put it on 32 Mhz :mad:

I have Award BIOS, and I don't have option PCI Latency only AGP frequency wich is set to 66 Mhz, and I can't put it on 32 Mhz :mad:

No. AGP frequency is something different. Don't change it. Well, when your game freezes, does some sound repeat infinitely or make some noise?

I got some strange sound from HDD, and when it's loading sound is looping, when HDD finish loading sound continues. There is no cracklin or other distorsions. Don't know what to do. I'm loosing my patience :cry:

I got some strange sound from HDD, and when it's loading sound is looping, when HDD finish loading sound continues. There is no cracklin or other distorsions. Don't know what to do. I'm loosing my patience :cry:

Well, sound is not supposed to loop when it's loading. Try to find a way to change PCI Latency. Most motherboards support PCI Latency unless it's quite old.

I have Epox 8RDA6+ Pro motherboard, I don't know if it is so old. I'm completly mad. I bougth a game that is everything than a game. It should be called Beyond the Bugs. Arghhhhh!

Top Bottom