Battle: Civ2 vs Civ3

Yoda Power

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫
Me and many other here on this forum dont vistit the civ2 forums alot, but i just happend to do and this was what i found:eek: I think it would be apreciatet if i posted the link this that thread.

Setting up a poll to see if people like Civ2 better than Civ3 on a Civ2 forum and not inviting the Civ3 fans. The nerve.

Originally posted by ssmith619

I believe they prefer to be called "Jews."

I didn't realize there was an entire ethnic group/religion playing Civ2! ;)

Well I must say, that this forum seems considerably more active than civ 2. But that is a pretty cool game. I'll give 3 a few months chance(I think I like it already)

Originally posted by dojoboy

I didn't realize there was an entire ethnic group/religion playing Civ2! ;)

No, what I'm trying to say is that those who read the Old Testament are Jews. Well, if you want to get technical Christians and Muslims (yes, some of the great caliphs say that the Jews are horrible people, yet they do believe in the Old Testament and strict Muslims do read the Old Testament, also known as the Torah), but Jews base their entire religion around it.

Okay, cool the Jewish jokes. Im not Jewish, but I am sure religion bashing is untolerated here at CFC. The mods will probably ban you guys if you continue any further... :)

Anyway, I call all civ3 fans to that thread! Vote in the polls! They may be beating us by 11 votes, but thats just because they never made it known! :)

Originally posted by Silverflame
Okay, cool the Jewish jokes. Im not Jewish, but I am sure religion bashing is untolerated here at CFC. The mods will probably ban you guys if you continue any further... :)

Just for the record, there were no Jewish jokes posted. :p ;)

Stop talking about jews and start voting in the thread, we are making better all the time.

Yeah, start voting.

I hate to say it, but the Civ 2 guys are right. Because I use a Mac, I've stopped playing Civ 3 and probably won't start again until the editor comes out. (Hey Infogrames, you won't keep your customers by committing fraud) Even then, Civ 3's programmers' decision to hard-code practically everything and their mystifying decision to use non-standard file formatting, not to mention the plain feebleness of the Civ 3 editor, means that I doubt that I'll be able to make the epic scenarios that I could in Civ 2. :(

I know it won't help you nmcul, but the PTW editor has removed most of the hard coded values. While the Mac is a good computer, game support is minimal.

Ah Ah Ah, only 4 more votes! I love civ3. The 1 thing that i thought was better in civ 2 was the # of good scnarios.

CIV III RULES BY A LONGSHOT!

I'm going to get flamed for this, but. . . .

I like all of them. I've been playing them all this week, and I've had fun with each of them.

My favorite? Ask me in a month. But I do lean towards Civ3 right now.

we are ahead now! 50% of the votes! 2 ahead.
in a civ2 forum, the people think civ3 is better! true invasion!
:lol: :goodjob: [dance]

Originally posted by Turner_727
I'm going to get flamed for this, but. . . .

Why? If I had played all of them, I would probably feel the same. :)

We may be ahead, but were acting really childish. I mean, theyre both great games, and its just that we prefer civ3 over civ2, those that mean we have to bash civ2? However, it was kind of bad to put that poll in civ2 disc forums...

where would you put it tat is fair and widely used by civ 2 and 3 fans?

Top Bottom