MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

OK, I will try to reproduce that error on my next run through the game. I have a save file before that happened.

I repeated it and the error was exactly like this "FILE NOT FOUND Art\Units\Swordsman\SwordmanFortify .wav" and I can provide you with a screenshot if you want.

So I tried a different approach and I renamed the file back to that name, with the space and modified the Kensai.ini so that it would try to get to that same file.

After that, the game progressed normally, so it could be another unit trying to access to the same sound file and couldn't get to it, since I recreated my exact moves for that turn of the game. Anyone with the Kensai problem should try these.

I repeated it and the error was exactly like this "FILE NOT FOUND Art\Units\Swordsman\SwordmanFortify .wav" and I can provide you with a screenshot if you want.

So I tried a different approach and I renamed the file back to that name, with the space and modified the Kensai.ini so that it would try to get to that same file.

After that, the game progressed normally, so it could be another unit trying to access to the same sound file and couldn't get to it, since I recreated my exact moves for that turn of the game. Anyone with the Kensai problem should try these.

Good work ManaYagami and I think your right about it comin from another source. Lots of things go on in that fog of war that can account for trouble. The odds are if your a ways in the campaign, its not your camp(civ) thats to blame for a missin game file

The issue with the swordsman wav is sooo annoying. Basically, to sort out all scenarios and mods what you need is two files in your original civ 3 installation at Art/Units/Swordsman, one with the space before .wav and one without. Just copy the original file but change the name. Someone (possibly me :mischief:) should put a thread on the main c&c forum explaining this and get it stickied.

The issue with the swordsman wav is sooo annoying. Basically, to sort out all scenarios and mods what you need is two files in your original civ 3 installation at Art/Units/Swordsman, one with the space before .wav and one without. Just copy the original file but change the name. Someone (possibly me :mischief:) should put a thread on the main c&c forum explaining this and get it stickied.

Okay and thanks for the hint!

It keeps crashing asking for art\units\colonist\colonist.ini
Sir you have installed incorrectly Heres how it looks (refer to my picture 12 post back) Look at the location Its listed in the Address bar.Its all about making sure you dont' have any unnessary folder created from your zip program I mean you can't have a file called Balancer that open up to another file called 'Balancer mod' or something. ANd the two files have to be seperated. You can't have the red n blue 'Conquest; icon (Bic) placed in folder icon.

Hope that helps :) now on to a real strage things The elephant Killer!!?

Spoiler :

Hmm youve got over 100 killer tanks but why did you leave out the Nazi's Elephant tank? was that made for a short run to improve 'King Tiger' or had those Pesky Russians been testin this baby with some hot barrelin' Safari runs in the heart of Africa? :lol: I wonder what the local tribes though when they encountered the behemoth while spear hunting for game: Screw dinner! Its go time!" :spear:

T.A, I did not leave out the Elefant.

I was playing as Germany things going well and I get the error message:
Art\Units\Elven.Warrior\..\Swordman\Swordman FortyIfy.wav

How do I fix this
thanks

I tried downloading this mod a couple of times from the new Direct Download link but it stops around 100MB and says it is completed. Very strange. Also, are there any more details on this mod (reference sheets or something). I'm very interested in giving this mod a whirl. I really enjoy HUGE, long, drawn out, epic games. I'm hoping this is the mod for me. What are the suggested settings for a HUGE map in this game? I thought I saw them somewhere earlier. Or, can I have someone's suggested settings that will give me the largest, longest draw out epic game to try? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!

I tried downloading this mod a couple of times from the new Direct Download link but it stops around 100MB and says it is completed. Very strange. Also, are there any more details on this mod (reference sheets or something). I'm very interested in giving this mod a whirl. I really enjoy HUGE, long, drawn out, epic games. I'm hoping this is the mod for me. What are the suggested settings for a HUGE map in this game? I thought I saw them somewhere earlier. Or, can I have someone's suggested settings that will give me the largest, longest draw out epic game to try? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!

HI man. Glad to see Kingpin made regual link to his mod. Im sure it will be fixed very soon.
This mod is the biggest n best (so far) quality mainstream 3rd xpak type model mod ever made. Pedia is 100 complete. Entires are full both side you will learn about many new war machines, some not invented yet some would be secret weapons, (Canada'a Avero Arrow :) ) and most will only be seen fighting in your backyard or across the world against another AI civ cuz flavour is like real world and every civ has it own set of hardware or true to life import partners gear

First, if your ok with using an editer then thing get better a better . All mods can be refined by the user with a slight adjustement here and there. Its the added buildings, Gov, wonders, and 1000 units with full writin pedia and general throwdown of power, costs, health, awards, etc, that are so valuable .

Id say watch the world sizes they give you at beginning. they are way to big in some cases. True You need a huge map or 1000 turns to complete this mod plain an simple. Best planets sizes Ive seen perform well and map out ecomonmys sufficant for tech tree completion and good rival size are 180x180 to 210x210 with anywhere from 18-22 civs on continent(s) using at least 40 "distance between civs" to better plant some exciting competition and easier expansion at the start when keeping up in the tech race can be most important (depending what skill level, I recomend Monarchy for a fair game) These maps need a tech rate of atleast 650 for 180x to 700 for 210x

Ive played many times and found best time chart Im confident in sharing so here ya be

ALso I nurfed all attack choppers hit points by 2 except Apache which was only slashed by one. Theres lots of choppers like everything else and AI was building them in to big numbers for me. They were sweeping all over the world with awesome movement points aswell. I like a lil balance in unit selections :)

Most important is the fact Space parts aren't spread out to optimise colinzing planets near the end of game. A shame when you consider this mod actually has real future techs to legitimize the space race for one. You can easily fix this problem by spreading the 10 parts out over longer more realistic time period. You should increase sheild cost of space parts aswell cuz rival spys get busy in this mod and it makes for tense moments when any turn they can sabatoge yor build efforts :) Again, try to spread them deeper back in the future era. Otherwise you will finish the game without seeing any of the cool stuff that comes later and it is cool like civs who develop their own styled mechs and post modern weapons with great realistic stories in the pedia to discribe the breakthroughs that happend to make them possable and successful battlfeild observations :cool:

sorry for bad grammer. many word posts need to be typed fast to get done quick ;)

Thank you for your reply TA. I'm looking forward to trying your suggestions. I've tried quite a few times to download the mod from the Direct Dowlnload site but it keeps saying it is completed after only getting 50-100MB of the 500MB file. I've never seen this happen before. Do you know if there are any other locations to try downloading the full 1.04 version of this mod from? If not, any other suggestions I might try?

I think my first game with this mod will be a HUGE map with 18 or so Civs with 1000 turns. What is the default size of a HUGE map for this mod? Are there any editors you might recommend for me to try changing some of the game parameters for "The Balancer Reloaded" Mod?

Thank you for your reply TA. I'm looking forward to trying your suggestions. I've tried quite a few times to download the mod from the Direct Dowlnload site but it keeps saying it is completed after only getting 50-100MB of the 500MB file. I've never seen this happen before. Do you know if there are any other locations to try downloading the full 1.04 version of this mod from? If not, any other suggestions I might try?

I think my first game with this mod will be a HUGE map with 18 or so Civs with 1000 turns. What is the default size of a HUGE map for this mod? Are there any editors you might recommend for me to try changing some of the game parameters for "The Balancer Reloaded" Mod?

About turns 1000 is good but its the timeperiods matching the units coming out thats tricky. You don't want muskets in BC times right? Thats why I showed you that time scale its worked to keep it real for the mostpart (when using the same map variables I post coming up) but don't let that stop you from try making your own scale after you play through and see how it plays out (so many variabales to consider if you get mechs in 1900's or past 2000 like you should but time scale is biggest influence ;) )

About the default sizes, knowing this mod plays better on bigger maps the mod designers raised all the defualt sizes so in the Balancer Reloaded a "standard size map has been re-adjusted to the size of a default "huge" + a default "tiny" combined!! I hope you see what problems might have occured if you chose Balancer's huge size without being aware of this, the biggest not being able to build any more citys on half empty continent ;) (max city limit of 512 usually fills up on Balancers's large size)

You will have a lot more fun and control over any download when you discover this page,World size tab(in editer) Those are great specs for a map bigger the normal but not to big to where you get long delays on average computer

About the download problem That sucks I feel you pain man. If Kingpin dosn't see your plight and fix things by tomorrow try pm'n him If still no reply then you got my copy coming and its dam well the swwweetest in existance!! Ya, so don't sweat it man. :) We''ll have you fixed up in no time

Is it possible to have only 1.04 update somewhere to download ?

The 1.04 update patch is located on the same thread. :)

I have added a link to a free download manager called GetRight. Both Kingpin and I have used it to dl the mod with no problems, and it is free to boot. We are sure that will cure your DL woes.:D

:nuke: Cheers, Þórgrímr :nuke:

The 1.04 update patch is located on the same thread. :)
I have added a link to a free download manager called GetRight. Both Kingpin and I have used it to dl the mod with no problems, and it is free to boot. We are sure that will cure your DL woes.:D

Your great man! Thanks, this will help lots of those who try for hefty downloads.

monooly: You might wanna try this program out. Past successes downloading really dosn't apply on this one. The Balancer is very big (the size of a 3rd expansion pak :cool: ) and so are a few others you will wanna try later after playin this. Getting this now may elevate troubles in the future so best of luck and I hope this works for you :)

Of course still let is be known if your havin difficulties elsewhere. Kingpin is very good on tech support.

Your great man! Thanks, this will help lots of those who try for hefty downloads.

monooly: You might wanna try this program out. Past successes downloading really dosn't apply on this one. The Balancer is very big (the size of a 3rd expansion pak :cool: ) and so are a few others you will wanna try later after playin this. Getting this now may elevate troubles in the future so best of luck and I hope this works for you :)

Of course still let is be known if your havin difficulties elsewhere. Kingpin is very good on tech support.

TA Jones, you are quite welcome, Kingpin had told me some folks were having trouble DLing the Balancer Reloaded, so I just added the link for the free DL manager since the folks who had trouble DLing the Fallout mod said it cured the DL problems. :)

:nuke: Cheers, Þórgrímr :nuke:

Why is it that every time I start this MOD I begin on a small island? Is this meant to happen? Just curious. Am I doing something wrong?

Top Bottom