back to civ 4

Zalcron

Prince
well i have played 3 games and have to say im back to civ4 until they bring out a patch to handle the stupid ai aggression and maybe enhace the diplomacy. All i am doing is fighting people all the time and there seems to be no way to harvast good relations. People just make demands regardless of if you have been friends for centuries or not. In addition i find the lack of a mini map a pain, working out where stuff is is hard work.

Dont get me wrong there are some nice new items. i.e grouping units together, nice visuals. But the excessive ai agression on its own and lack of diplomatic options, (you can even make alliances let alone vassel states etc) ruins it for me. Shame the concept is a good one, and i certainly dont miss worker units, but it just feels a bit incomplete. In addition where are modern aircraft units? being stuck with b17 and spitfires whilst you have modern tanks and infrantry is daft, not to mention the loss of gunships. :confused:

I dont think i'll mind some irrational agression but i will miss a minimap and alliances/vassals. Heres hoping for a patch or an expansionpack that adresses this.

well i have played 3 games and have to say im back to civ4 until they bring out a patch to handle the stupid ai aggression and maybe enhace the diplomacy. All i am doing is fighting people all the time and there seems to be no way to harvast good relations. People just make demands regardless of if you have been friends for centuries or not. In addition i find the lack of a mini map a pain, working out where stuff is is hard work.

Dont get me wrong there are some nice new items. i.e grouping units together, nice visuals. But the excessive ai agression on its own and lack of diplomatic options, (you can even make alliances let alone vassel states etc) ruins it for me. Shame the concept is a good one, and i certainly dont miss worker units, but it just feels a bit incomplete. In addition where are modern aircraft units? being stuck with b17 and spitfires whilst you have modern tanks and infrantry is daft, not to mention the loss of gunships. :confused:

dude, is so easy to control the AI, can u just make defensive units and move faster in tech of culture so u can overrun him with powerful units? come on.
I always play CIV4 with AI aggressive and always war, is WAY to much fun so is the same thing in Rev.

i guess we play it differently , i prefer not to rely on war to win, clearly this is a big factor in rev.

well, just go play BTS then, because that has the best diplomacy of all the Civ games.

Top Bottom