Morocco discussion

It might be interwoven with Economics or Fertilizer?

The amount of tooltips and benefits in those 2 research techs can be quite easily overlooked.

I researched both, and the output of Kasbahs didn't change.

Edit: just checked the tooltips as well. They make no mention of Kasbah.

Of course the build isn't final, so you never know, they may add it come release.

I know how pointless it is to label an unplayed civ powerful, but man, I think Morocco could be sickeningly strong in the player's hands.

Can you imagine larger maps where you have more potential for numerous friendly trade routes? You are going to be filthy, filthy rich

Just hopefully managing this many trade routes isn't tedious

I don't know if anyone has noticed or said anything about this yet. I was re-watching the ign video and while looking at the colors for Morocco I thought they were very similar to the Aztecs. I couldn't remember if they were exactly the same, so I compared them and they are pretty much the exact same. The Moroccan colors are a little bit brighter, but they are very close. So, I took this to mean that the Aztecs are going to get a color scheme change. If they aren't, then it's going to be very tough to tell Aztec and Moroccan units apart at a glance.

They look noticeably different to me. It wasn't until you pointed it out that I even noticed it.

I don't know if anyone has noticed or said anything about this yet. I was re-watching the ign video and while looking at the colors for Morocco I thought they were very similar to the Aztecs. I couldn't remember if they were exactly the same, so I compared them and they are pretty much the exact same. The Moroccan colors are a little bit brighter, but they are very close. So, I took this to mean that the Aztecs are going to get a color scheme change. If they aren't, then it's going to be very tough to tell Aztec and Moroccan units apart at a glance.

If you compare them directly (such as on the Atlas), you'll notice that Aztecs are a lightish red with an electric blue, the inverse of Indonesia, it seems, while Morocco is a slightly darker red with a teal-green. I'm sure they'll be distinguishable on the map, though I did notice a similarity at first.

The Aztecs look like a faded version of Morocco. I find it different enough to be distinguishable.

Can someone put up Morocco's colours next to the Aztec's colours (as well as the hex code for both civs)?

Not quite what you asked for but until someone does that:

Morocco

Aztec

Like I said in another thread, Aztec's colors are more similar to Indonesia:

Just in general beyond this we have a ton of color mixing and matching going on

I researched both, and the output of Kasbahs didn't change.

Edit: just checked the tooltips as well. They make no mention of Kasbah.

Of course the build isn't final, so you never know, they may add it come release.

This is slightly off topic, but it seems you'd know. How much Faith, exactly, does the Candi produce, and does it still require your city be built next to a river or lake?

Not quite what you asked for but until someone does that:

Morocco

Aztec

Like I said in another thread, Aztec's colors are more similar to Indonesia:

Just in general beyond this we have a ton of color mixing and matching going on

And of course, they all have star symbols.

It's an annoying effect for sure. I had this happen in a game of mine when I was attacking a Dutch city, but before I could conquer it completely, a lonely Polynesian Warrior took the city before I could. I was of the impression he was Dutch... That can happen quite easily when you're in a war. Just shows how many civs there are already in the game...

I think the Aztecs and Morocco differ enough from each other. It is already pointed out that there are quite alot of civs that already share color schemes that could confuse people, but I personally think it's not that bad.

I think the Aztecs and Morocco differ enough from each other. It is already pointed out that there are quite alot of civs that already share color schemes that could confuse people, but I personally think it's not that bad.

Yeah. IMO one of the things they've done really well is have colors that are easily distinguishable enough from each other despite reusing the same colors for some civs.

I like how they capture colors that really "feel" like the civ even in spite of the fact that some of the civ colors have nothing to do with the Civ's culture and history in real life

I like how they capture colors that really "feel" like the civ even in spite of the fact that some of the civ colors have nothing to do with the Civ's culture and history in real life

*cough*China*cough*

Sorry, it's just something I really, really don't like about the Chinese civ in Civ5. And their UA, I don't think it matches them well (in my opinion; I can see why other people think it does), but this is off-topic.

I just noticed.

Is it me, or does Indonesia and Brazil have reversed colour schemes of Aztec and Arabia respectively (background colour is now text and text is now background).

... Yes. Not sure how that is relevant for Morocco however! :lol:
Portugal is also America inversed (but it is also what makes most sense for Portugal, so... :p)

EDIT: oh, I didn't notice the above conversation! :lol: uups

Top Bottom