Trading Post on Jungle, 2x build time: Bug or Intentional?

Scirocco16V

Warlord
When building a trading post on a jungle tile, it takes twice as long as on any other type of tile I tried. (I think I tried on plains, grasslands, and forests.) Is this a bug or intentional? If it's intentional, why? Jungle is a fairly lowsy terrain to begin with and trading posts are the only thing that can be built on them.

Seems intentional. I feel like it changed to this new build time on the first BNW release.

it takes a long time to do anything with jungle. It's intentional.

from a real world standpoint, it makes perfect sense, building anything in a jungle seems like pretty hard work.

from a gameplay perspective, I guess it's balanced by the extra science you get with unis (representing scientific value of biodiversity).

Seems intentional. I feel like it changed to this new build time on the first BNW release.

No, it's been there since vanilla. Building a TP on Jungle has always be 2x the turns of building it on plains.

Features such as jungle, forest and marsh add to the construction time of other improvements (whether they're removed or not). Back in vanilla it took twice as long to build a road in a jungle vs plains as well (haven't paid much attention to if that's changed).

Top Bottom