Favorite UU of Each Era

Ancient - Maori Warrior (beat out Jaguar because it isn't quite as terrain dependent)
Classical - Mohawk Warrior (although terrain dependent they are quite brutal combined with UA)
Medieval - Berserker (Had a lot of fun playing Denmark!)
Renaissance - Minuteman (Always fond of the scout and this is it's bigger, meaner brother)
Industrial - Comanche Riders (haven't played Shoshone this far but I got several of them from Military CS allies in other games and they are quite good)
Atomic - Zero (barely beat out of the B-17 but freeing up my Oil and devastating enemy air trumps stronger bombers for me)
Great Person - Great Admiral (oddly enough, his oft insulted ability has saved my experienced ships vs overwhelming AI numbers quite a bit - even Faith purchases a few to just spam the heals when clearing out Carthage a few games back)

Ancient : Atlatist. Cheap, no Archery, go through hills.
Classical : Mohawk Warrior. No Iron, bonus fighting.
Medieval : Chu-ko-Nu. Free logistics.
Renaissance : Ship of the lines. Extra Sight.
Industrial : Hussard. Extra Sight AND Extra Movement.
Atomic : B17. Free upgrade.
Great Person : Merchant of Venice. Money is the sinews of war.

Great Person - Great Admiral (oddly enough, his oft insulted ability has saved my experienced ships vs overwhelming AI numbers quite a bit - even Faith purchases a few to just spam the heals when clearing out Carthage a few games back)

Great Admiral is good on water based map (including continents) since it can enter ocean and deep water right away... so it's good for scouting because it will take a while to get to Astronomy. :D just watch out for barbs. :D

Great Admiral is good on water based map (including continents) since it can enter ocean and deep water right away... so it's good for scouting because it will take a while to get to Astronomy. :D just watch out for barbs. :D

Even better for Korea who otherwise have to wait for navigation or have to send out land units.

Top Bottom