How and where to modify generic map scripts?

Grunthex

Prince
Been spending some time of late, just starting game after game to look at them in world editor to try and find a fun map script.

I'm mostly settled on the Fractal script - it's entirely unpredictable, but leaves the naval game in, which most of the other scripts I like don't.

My only problem with it, is even setting Sealevel to Low, I get roughly 50% water. I'd like to change it so this is about 30% water (and maybe 50% on High).

I tracked down Fractal.py in the Civ4 Public Maps (wasn't in the BTS folder), but that just seemed like it called stuff from the main mapgen file, and I don't know enough to find anything there. I'm willing enough to go in and change things with guidance, but not just hoping and praying.

So if anyone knows how I can do this, please let me know! In return, I offer you some <reagents>, and the Eternal Gratitude tech.

Been spending some time of late, just starting game after game to look at them in world editor to try and find a fun map script.

I'm mostly settled on the Fractal script - it's entirely unpredictable, but leaves the naval game in, which most of the other scripts I like don't.

My only problem with it, is even setting Sealevel to Low, I get roughly 50% water. I'd like to change it so this is about 30% water (and maybe 50% on High).

I tracked down Fractal.py in the Civ4 Public Maps (wasn't in the BTS folder), but that just seemed like it called stuff from the main mapgen file, and I don't know enough to find anything there. I'm willing enough to go in and change things with guidance, but not just hoping and praying.

So if anyone knows how I can do this, please let me know! In return, I offer you some <reagents>, and the Eternal Gratitude tech.

You might find the search and class browser tools in the Python IDE helpful. You can dl it at Python.org.

Top Bottom