resource question

Indigo

Chieftain
I'm playing a random map with many islands. My largest island with about 10 cities has no iron. I have cities on other islands with iron, and rush built a harbor so that my main island could use it. Even though my main island has several harbors, and the the city with the iron has a harbor, the main island does not have access to the much needed iron. My trade advisor says that the city is unconnected and needs a sea route. What else do I need to to, to establish this sea route?

You need Navigation or Magnetism to trade over sea squares. Magnetism also allows trade over ocean squares. Coastal squares only require harbors for trade.

These advances are important if you have an island-like empire, or if you need to trade with other civs as soon as possible. This makes the Great Lighthouse perhaps the single most important wonder on a continental map at high difficulty levels where trade is a requirement.

Okay, thanks. I agree, the Lighthouse is vital in this game. I'm working on it right now.

Top Bottom