Caveman 2 Cosmos

i updated/reinstalled my radeon drivers and it seemed to have fixed the problem, but I will keep you posted it anything else comes up, thanks :)
P.S tho the game started and i played for while, the program keeps crashing saying that it failed to allocate video card memory, my question is why does this only happen with your mod? and not the other like 20 that I play?

It really depends on how old your puter and your graphics card are?

I recommend a 64 X4 Quad Core or Intel Core i7 Extreme with a min of 4 GB of memory. I dont even have one, but if you did, wow you wouldnt have to worry about nothing failing.

I didn't notice you uploaded the newest version. getting ready to give it a try now. thanks for your work with this!

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE: Thx, i recommend after you reach the industrial age, change your graphics from High to Low and save game every turn and only play for like a 1/2 hour - 45 minutes each time then stop and then restart over again. Make sure you have your Desktop on 1024X768 before starting a game.

well usually i play with the graphics as high as possible and everything going on, i started playing you mod and brought everything down, I have a 3.2 ghz and 1 GB ram, with a radeon 9550 256 ram, this is no where near alot of stuff but I only play on small maps standard being the biggest. I have played games like rhyes and fall of civ and no problems, and rise of mankind and nothing wrong, but I play your mod for a little bit and it either errors saying it failed to allocate memory or that allocation of memory was bad so it has to close...... ummmmmm

Do you change how it uses the memory for the game or is your just that much bigger then anything else that it completely overloads the computer?

and a quad core processor does not to much for gaming anyway just sounds cool, now if you are gaming and running music and searching the web and playing another game then the quad core will come in handy :p

If you look at the size of this mod, its almost 3 GB in size, almost twice the size of others big mods and three times or more bigger than those you mentioned. And btw, no offense, but your 1 GB is way too small, i am making a Watered down version right now, for those with smaller computers.
also in your sig: you spelled engagement/no (know) wrong.

i have a 4gb machine and still i get mafs at small maps. This version is alot better then version 2 though in that i can still play if i limit the number of peeps to say 4 or so. Its no big deal.

Anyone who has an average machine should run overlord. As it is desgined in a way that gives you the most bang for your modding needs.

If you look at the size of this mod, its almost 3 GB in size, almost twice the size of others big mods and three times or more bigger than those you mentioned. And btw, no offense, but your 1 GB is way too small, i am making a Watered down version right now, for those with smaller computers.
also in your sig: you spelled engagement/no (know) wrong.

sorry i did not mean to sound offensive, and yes I suck at spelling do not really care tho, so what accounts for your mod being 3 GB? is it just the civs? or the units? What could possible be going on in your mod in the stone age that makes so much more overloading then any other mod, i have not even gotten to the classical era and it does it all the time. yet I can play through to future era on other games.

Anyway, idk it is just irritating, because your mod looks so good and I cannot play it, i love future age and modern age stuff so. I am about ot get a better computer in the next couple of days anyway i will just forget about it and play other mods.

Sorry to bug you and offend you.

For some reason, I can't enter the world builder... Is this a bug, or just in a different place?

I got the same error as the other guys. I have a radeon x1950 and 3gb system ram, intel dualcore.

Maybe this mod doesn't like Radeon, I'm updating drivers see if it makes a difference

Code:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program C:\games\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe

abnormal program termination

Time now for my two cents:

Personally, I love the mod. It's simply amazing. Everything I could ask for and more. Currently, I'm trying a game as the Germans. My only request is: Is it possible to get Rhye's enlarged Europe map for 18 civs? It's a bit cramped in Europe, and I can't stnad that tiny Iberia.

Kudos Strategyonly,

Lean

Time now for my two cents:

Personally, I love the mod. It's simply amazing. Everything I could ask for and more. Currently, I'm trying a game as the Germans. My only request is: Is it possible to get Rhye's enlarged Europe map for 18 civs? It's a bit cramped in Europe, and I can't stand that tiny Iberia.

Kudos Strategyonly,

Lean

Do you know where its at? And thx.

Here's the link. However, there is no set spawn point, so the civs appear in random places. I'm not sure if you want to set the spawn points, but this is the only one I can find. Believe me, if I knew anything about editing, I would, but I don't. Thanks.

Lean.

This latest edition is one of the best mods that I have played. I really liked version 2 but version 3 is a welcomed improvement. One thing that seemed to be left out was the probability calculator. In version 2 when you put the mouse over a unit you want to attack it says something like " .07% chance that warrior will defeat P90". Are you planning on adding it to a later version or what? Also, is there some way for me to load that mod on Next War?

This doesnt seem to work for me.

Mechanised Infantry on new game start are solid pink blocks.

If i try to select smaller (new) civs (e.g. Wales) on Civ Selection screen (before starting new game) i get a CTD.

When i encountered a civ (before dialogue screen opened) for the first time in-game, i got a CTD.

What could this be??

This doesnt seem to work for me.

Mechanised Infantry on new game start are solid pink blocks.

If i try to select smaller (new) civs (e.g. Wales) on Civ Selection screen (before starting new game) i get a CTD.

When i encountered a civ (before dialogue screen opened) for the first time in-game, i got a CTD.

What could this be??

Have you downloaded BOTH parts and placed the second d/l in the correct area?

There are TWO downloads you have to have with this mod.

mod ran beautifully with me and two friends in a lan game. We actually managed to get all the way to nukes b4 the world was turned into a blazing inferno =)

mod ran beautifully with me and two friends in a lan game. We actually managed to get all the way to nukes b4 the world was turned into a blazing inferno =)

WOW, now thats really good info, thx for the update, and thank your friends also.:goodjob:

What kind of OS, are you'll running?

one was on vista me and my brother were on xp... Now when i said ran beautifully i do mean there were a few maf errors but really it wasnt bad as peeps could just rejoin in the lan game. Only happened around 3/4 times and this is with unbelievably large stacks roaming around.

also understand that is was only us three in always war mode. No comps.

one was on vista me and my brother were on xp... Now when i said ran beautifully i do mean there were a few maf errors but really it wasnt bad as peeps could just rejoin in the lan game. Only happened around 3/4 times and this is with unbelievably large stacks roaming around.

also understand that is was only us three in always war mode. No comps.

Still good news, thx, You'll might want to try this:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=306422

Should help with the MAF problems. Just make sure you back-up your system.

while that fix will work for most people it will not work for me as a am running a duel boot windows/mac machine for work perposes. And you cant acutally alter the boot.ini ;)

Thanks for the link though, and really i would suggest anyone who is savvy enough to follow those directions as it will lower or eliminate mafs.

Hmm, I like this mod, it does remind me a lot of Rise of Mankind, though, but that's a good thing. And no MAFs yet.
One thing I noticed, I can't found more than one religion? Is there a reason for this? And can I turn it off? Because that's almost as annoying as Revolutions mod. :)

The Revolution mod is way too cranky to actually be playable for me. One tiny thing, and a city rebels, and spawns with longbowman and knights. I'm not even that far into the Medieval era! That's broken! Especially with 12 units from a city with 4 people. Broken.

Sorry, I tend to get a little ranty over that. But I would like to adjust it so I can actually found more than one religion, so I don't have to stop researching until I get the right one. Otherwise it's impossible to actually pick Taoism or Christianty, or anything new when you start from the beginning.

I know that can lead to insane money surpluses, but still, it's less broken than some things. Unless you moved Islam or Taoism or something to 2000 BC. :)
Maybe I'm weird, but if it's not broken, don't fix it.

WHOA! Somewhat major bug found. King Ritchard's Crusade doesn't create Crusaders I think.
Whoops, never mind.

Top Bottom