Keeping private games private

glaivemaster

Prince
I've replied to a similar thread over in general discussions (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=507315) about this, but I thought I'd post it here as a dedicated thread, since this seems to be the right place.

Me and my friends like to play multiplayer games of Civ on a weekly basis. Obviously time constraints make it impossible to finish one game a week, so we generally look to keep the same game going for a few weeks until it's done, reloading each time we play. Occasionally, a player will be unhappy with their set up and decide to drop from the game to do more fun things, and we're happy to let them, kick them from the game and let an AI take their place.

The issue that we're having is that once a player is an AI, anybody can hotjoin the game in that AI's seat. This isn't an issue if we set the game to private, of course, and we always do. However, the private function only seems to work when setting up a game, and there is no way to set a game that you have reloaded from an old save as private. So in future sessions of a game where a player has dropped, we can't play privately, and we either have to kick players every 5 minutes as they try to join in (which as well as being a pain for us, is also a bit horrible for innocent people just looking to play some MP civ), or we have to keep the game open in pitboss for weeks on end. Obviously, neither of these options are desirable.

So the question I put, rather longwindedly, to you fine people is this: is there a way to keep a private MP game of Civ private, when reloading an old save?

Thanks for your time.

Have never had problem to rehost games as private, just have to check private when selecting save.

Seems this only bugs out if:
not original host reloads
you did reload once without private by mistake, then save is bugged and even selecting private in another rehost try wont make it private

Have never had problem to rehost games as private, just have to check private when selecting save.

Seems this only bugs out if:
not original host reloads
you did reload once without private by mistake, then save is bugged and even selecting private in another rehost try wont make it private

Ok, we must have hit the problem with that second bug then. Thanks for the info :)

Top Bottom