Choose slot when loading LAN-MP game

nocigar

Chieftain
Hi,
when I host a previously saved LAN game in BNW (5 Humans, 1 AI), and the other players join, some get the right Civilizations, but others occupy the AI slot.
This does not depend on the order in which they connect. Two always get their previous Civs (no matter at which point they join) and the first one of the other two, always gets the AI slot.
Is there a way to adjust this? A way to choose which civilizations slot one takes when joining a loaded LAN-MP game? It seems to be impossible to continue a saved LAN-MP game in the same way, as long as some AI is present. Or is there some simple solution we are overlooking?

I had this issue right after the patch, with my 3 friends on LAN (total 4) game has begun earlier of the patch, and we could hardly continue the game after patch because of names being changed to windows name and steam name randomly (not host but other players), but we have found many workarounds for this issue after 2 hours. I have shared every workarounds that I've found in my site. (three of them) so that others receiving this issue can find it via google. Here is the link:

http://www.civilization-tr.com/en/civilization-name-alias-bug-fix/

Those workarounds have worked for us that we could continue the game alright, but when loading game we spent about 15 minutes. (each time with a different way).

Thanks a lot Meceka, also for the fast reply.
I was sceptical at first but it turns out, the 2nd method worked. That's really awesome!

Changing the order of joining as suggested in the 1st method did not help because the game seemed to put some players in AI slots, no matter how many player slots were still open.
It really seems that the game (possibly because of naming issues) prevents some players from entering human slots. I want to add, that all steam names were the same as windows user account names, and that neither the pc nor the games have been restarted. The game was reloaded after a disconnect of one player, literally 3 mins later.

Only after the loading process of the game begins and the game automatically changes all empty player slots to AI slots, it suddenly becomes possible for the players to join the running game in the right slots.
I guess there should be an option to change slots when loading a LAN-MP game.
Thanks again

Your welcome nocigar, glad to help :)

There is a bug with the game, and it needs to be fixed. Normally steam names should be the only player name, but after latest patch there is a problem i suppose.

Ability to change slots could fix this issue permanently.

Have fun in your game ;)

Top Bottom