Commanding Officers and Broader Alignment

Just stumbled across this thread and thought I might throw a couple ideas out there. Your mod, your rules, but here's a couple things you might consider instead of Field Marshal:

Legendary Commander
Warlord (or High Warlord)
Strategos - old greek rank "army leader"
Polemarch - from greek again "war lord"
High Constable - medieval rank, but I don't like this one

Personally, I kind of like the greek ones, but if they are too greek, I think the simpler "Legendary Commander" is a bit more in the fantasy realm than "Field Marshal," especially since many of the factions simply don't have the social and political structure required for such a formal, hierarchical rank.

What about something like archknight or archlord? Meh, not real words. :/

warlord doesn't work with the peaceful commanders, (general still does a pretty good job though... :p )

Regarding Hero suggestions....I was thinking that perhaps the Svart could have a fallen Priest of Leaves, who through a combination of turning to Esus and the lore learnt as a former servant of Succellus corrupts dark spirits in Treants. Perhaps would retain the Bloom promotion, could perhaps summon a panther (...effectively akin to a Tiger in terms of stats, but starts with Hidden Nationality?) and would have a Corrupt Ancient Forest ability which would/could create an enraged Treant for 3 turns.

(note - not sure of the mechanics of Ancient Forests but assuming forests don't grow to ancient forest if the civ has switched from FoL it may need a tip not to use this ability within own borders)

so i tried that pre-release and it looks very interesting ... :D ... i'm looking forward for final release

Team and #Erebus regulars only. ;)

There are definite perks to getting on to chat with us... You hear about what modders are doing ahead of time, you get to beta test, and you get to chat with awesome people. :goodjob:

indeed ... :D

Top Bottom