Removing the Prerequisite Building XP "nerf"

justinian66

Chieftain
Anyone know how to change/mod the game in order for buildings like the Barracks, Drydock, and Airbase to give XP to the units that require said buildings in order to be trained? I like this idea of having preq buildings, but whats the point of allowing them to give experience when the units your making aren't even going to benefit from it?

What files need to be changed in order to fix this problem?

I don´t really know, but I guess it´s in the DLL somewhere, so unless you know how to code and compile I wouldn´t recommend you to change anything there.
The easiest way would probably be via XML either to remove the prereq buildings altogether or make something the prereq that doesn´t give XP itself, like it is already the case for Forges for Heavy Footmen or Industrial Park for Mechanized Infantry.

it´s in the DLL somewhere.

I was afraid this would be the case :mad:. I have no clue how to do code and modify DLL so I guess I'll just have to settle with removing those requirements from the XML files. Its a shame though, I really liked that feature of requiring certain preq buildings but I cant for the life of me figure out WHY they would make it so those units wouldn't get XP from them...

I was afraid this would be the case :mad:. I have no clue how to do code and modify DLL so I guess I'll just have to settle with removing those requirements from the XML files. Its a shame though, I really liked that feature of requiring certain preq buildings but I cant for the life of me figure out WHY they would make it so those units wouldn't get XP from them...

It's only an educated guess on my part, maybe someone who actually knows it comes along and corrects me.

Realism? Training Pikemen is probably more difficult than training Heavy Swordsman, what it's formations and all.

I think that was an unnecessary tweak to the regular game's combat aspect--I want all affected units back to their normal conditions, even if they still have the building prerequisite to build. I would think that, if I have to go through the extra effort of creating a building for the unit, I might as well get a better unit.

Top Bottom