Bug Reports

Sadly, I don't remember which version it was -- except that it was the last one released for BTS 3.17.

Either way, if I run into it again, I'll repost here.

Thanks again!

Something is up, and I want to figure out why I'm not seeing the right background first. When I start the game, I get the Warlords background, NOT any LoR background. However, when I'm loading a game, then I get the LoR loading screen -- looks like some kind of painting from the French Revolution; I'm not sure.

So why could that be? Do you think it has to do with the fact that I'm running, uh, "Civilization IV: The Complete Edition"? Maybe the directories for things have been changed around?

Go to your graphics settings in-game and see what is selected under "opening menu" I believe that will override any default background the mod has.

This happened twice in a row in multiplayer as Lenin. First time with Revolutions on, second with it off.

Quite annoying. Ignore the other guy disconnecting, this happens even in unmodded Civ4 when using the Tectonics map script(we don't know why, we just save and load game to continue).

You can switch to the religion, obviously, but if you click on the religion advisor, game freezes.

Spoiler :
lolwut.jpg

:hmm: There have been some religion bugs reported by some users in multiplayer. This makes me suspect it is tied to the inquisitions mod. I'm not sure though.

What you could do to help would be to post in the main Revolutions development forum and try to get jdog and glider to work on getting the RevDCM core to work with multiplayer.

Revolutions Project Forum

Go to your graphics settings in-game and see what is selected under "opening menu" I believe that will override any default background the mod has.
I actually only have one choice---and it's "Beyond the Sword". Despite this, the background actually shown for mods is Warlords. For vanilla BtS, it's the BtS background.

Not a major bug, but ...

When you attack with the Hungarian Cannon, it advances into the target tile, just like a melee unit. It should fire from where it stands, like other cannon do.

(In vanilla BTS [and LoR, for that matter] this is also the case with Curassier, which obviously is equipped with firearms and should behave like Cavalry.)

Not a major bug, but ...

When you attack with the Hungarian Cannon, it advances into the target tile, just like a melee unit. It should fire from where it stands, like other cannon do.

(In vanilla BTS [and LoR, for that matter] this is also the case with Curassier, which obviously is equipped with firearms and should behave like Cavalry.)

Dont think that is a bug, but it definitely shouldnt act like that. Well actually I dont know what that is. It uses a modified cannon kf/animation file. So it should do exactly what a cannon does. On top of that, the unit kf's dont actually move the units, something in the game core does. For instance, when a spearman moves or runs in to attack, it doesnt actually move, but just runs in place. The game moves it by some other means. And nobody in the forums seemed to know what controls that, the last time I asked about it.

Maybe it could be a bug. But I dont think its hurting anything. And it most likely would never get fixed, since noone seemed to know where to even look for that type of mechanism.

Hmmm, I can download it fine...

I'll put it on Atomic gamer.

There's an issue with the 'slave revolt' event that was kind of game breaking.

A revolt happened in my capital; I bought them off, it continued; I cracked down (lowering population); the revolt made my economy insolvent (the capital, the wealthiest city in most early games, wasn't producing gold!), so I couldn't buy them off again; I cracked down again, bringing my pop to 1; at this point I could neither buy them off nor crack down (can't with pop at 1); I clicked the 'hope it dies down, but revolt may continue button' -- it sure did continue! In fact it never stopped. After nearly 15 turns of revolt in my capital, I had to enter the worldbuilder and add some pop to the city so I could crack down again, which ended the revolt that time.

Not sure if this is WAD. 2 outstanding issues:

1) Early on, I switched away from slavery, hoping this would quell the riots, as, well...there would be no more slaves. Didn't work, slave riots continued. Surely this isn't WAD...?

2) I've noticed this happen to AI, too. In one game, I constantly saw the message that the Chinese authorities were 'bumbling the crackdown on the slaves' -- for ~30 turns. I couldn't see the Chinese, but this must severely unbalanced their neighborhood and possible lead to revolutions. And they can't enter the worldbuilder to add more pop! Again, this seems game breaking to me.

Sorry if this has already been reported! I scanned through & didn't see it. I was playing the latest build of LOR.

Sounds like Bad Luck + Revolutions; I imagine that slave event would negatively synergize with the Revolution mechanics to cause some unfortunate issues.

Why and what was the Poster whipping? The Slave Revolt event doesn't end, or is in any way modified, by whipping away unhappiness; that's why it sounds like an unforunate confluence with Revolutions.

The slave revolt event is removed from the next version, as slave revolts are already covered in Revolutions.

The slave revolt event is removed from the next version, as slave revolts are already covered in Revolutions.

That is a very good idea. :goodjob: No sense getting punished for the same thing twice.

What about the bugged events (the ones with two-part probabilities like the "Herbalist" and "Ruins" events), have those been fixed yet? I miss my extra health.

Top Bottom