Quick Questions and Answers

Doesn't it choose randomly from Archipelago, Pangaea or Continents? Shouldn't be too hard to decipher. :lol: Or is it the whole map list that is randomised?

Doesn't it choose randomly from Archipelago, Pangaea or Continents? Shouldn't be too hard to decipher. :lol: Or is it the whole map list that is randomised?

I chose the advanced setup... I've had it pick Great Plains and several other map types I do know. This one eludes me though. XD It might be Pangaea, due to the layout of the map... but figured I'd ask.

EDIT::

So, hehe, yeah, it's the whole map list that is randomized.

If you post a picture we may be able to help you further. I know of no way to see what map was chosen; it says in game that you won't be told what was chosen.

I''m looking for advice on the following topics:

How to best assign population to working which tiles and when?

When to expand and where?

What is the overall impact on religion in the game?

With espionage, how do you know what tech you will be stealing? Conversely, if a spy is in your city and steals a tech, how does that impact you?

I''m looking for advice on the following topics:

1) How to best assign population to working which tiles and when?

2) When to expand and where?

3) What is the overall impact on religion in the game?

4) With espionage, how do you know what tech you will be stealing? Conversely, if a spy is in your city and steals a tech, how does that impact you?

1) Depends on where in the game you are at, what your goals for victory are. Early in the game, you usually want to get Luxury Resources up and running, so you get the Happy you need to grow cities. Or maybe you want to find and work Iron and Horses for a military build-up. When? Again, no simple answers here. Very situational. You just have to play a bunch of games and you will get a feel for it.

2) Wish I could be more specific, but it depends! Generally, you want to settle near resources, also keeping an eye out for coasts, for defensive placement to block other civs. As far as how many early cities to build, you will get a variety of answers on this forum, but the general rule seems to be 3-4 cities before 0. ?

3) It depends! Read up on how religion works, and you will see you can mold it to advance production, or advance Happy, or advance other goals.

4) I don't think you know what tech you will be stealing. Not until you steal it. If someone steals a tech from you, as Mr. Garrison on South Park says, '''Hmmm, that's bad, m'kay." It means your enemy got a free tech!!!

Thanks for the replies!

In regards to the tech being stolen...does it take away one of the tech's that you've researched if they steal it?

Also, how does the science add up (the left most icon)? IS it just a matter of staying alive until the end then trying to max science out?

Darius builds the united nation assembly(or something) and already has enough vote to win diplomacy. I take the city in which the UN is built yet Darius still gets 2 self vote? This is Civ 5 vanilla. Is it supposed to be this way or just a bug? Also, the UN description says it gives additional vote to who possesses, not the original owner.

Thanks for the replies!

In regards to the tech being stolen...does it take away one of the tech's that you've researched if they steal it?

Also, how does the science add up (the left most icon)? IS it just a matter of staying alive until the end then trying to max science out?

No, stolen tech does not get "taken" from you. Just added to them.

Science is determined by population, modified by a myriad of things.

I learned a ton about the game by creating this guide, and I highly encourage you to check it out:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=466015

Hello everybody!

I'm new to civ V. I was watching this Civ V video yesterday, and I notice that the guy had different social policies then I have!
One of his " liberty's 2nd choise" gived him a free setler, while on the same policy I only get like " 50% food for the 2nd person on new cities" or something like that.

Why is that, please?

Thanks!!

I can't say for certain, but maybe he is playing a more updated version of the game or is using the expansion pack and you aren't?

I just bought the " normal" civ 5. I'm not playing any expansion. I only downloaded the patch. I'm not sure if I can post te youtube link for the video, and name the exact time when the social policies tree appers. Can I?

That may be the answer then. I can't say for certain because I never played the base game. You could maybe post a screenshot of your policy tree and indicate which one you are talking about?

That's odd. In my game Collective Rule is the lower one of them two policies, and gives the free Settler bonus. So Republic is needed in order to get Collective Rule. I hope someone can come and clarify this.

Yes. That's really odd. Plus, When I first adopt Liberty I get something like " + 50% Settlers production speed"
While the other guy ( with the 2nd picture I posted) gets something like " +1 Culture every city"

Edit: And I don't think he's using the Expansion Pack. I've seen a lot of his videos ( some all the way until future Era), and I didnt saw any religion or espionage, which I think it should have if it were the new expansion

I'm not sure how can I see that. I'll PM you the youtube link. ( I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here). If you manage to find which version is, please post it here so I and everybody else can know the versions/Social Policies differences.

Thanks

Edit: As soon as I find how to PM on this forum. Lol..

I can´t find how to PM on this forum :confused:. I'm new arround :)

Well the video's title is "Let's Play Civilization 5 with Commentary Part 2 Russia". He opens the Policy window about 9m10s.

I think this will do it

Top Bottom