Charge of the Industrial Light Brigade (or not) (Cavalry going obsolete)

BvBPL

Pour Decision Maker
Very fun mod, thank you for putting it out. I especially enjoy the revolutions, particularly when they occur repeatedly to the same AI civ. It is really fun to see the Russian empire balkanize into four different civs in my current game.

I love how transparent you’ve made the revolution system. It is much more enjoyable, relative to Rhye’s, to be able to understand why a certain city or civ is unstable.

My concern is this: at a certain point, stables become obsolete (as they do in BtS), but this adds an additional issue to LoR. Because stables are necessary to build cavalry, after Assembly Line (or whatever tech obsoletes the stable), civs can no longer build cavalry. This makes it significantly more difficult for low tech and low resource players to defend themselves. One option when fighting a superior force is to use the withdrawal mechanic to chip away at enemy forces, but this can’t be done after a certain point. Please consider removing the building requirement from cavalry when the stable goes obsolete.

Thanks for the info, I'll fix that.

This caught me off guard last game. I didn't have the techs yet to build scouts when my stables went obsolete, leaving me with chariots in the build menu.

I just realized why I did this. It was to stop the AI from building Cav when it had access to Squad Infantry, because Squad Infantry is simply better and the AI is horrible at wasting hammers on Cav units.

My question for you guys is do you really think this would be a good thing to change? And how do you want it changed? Should the Stable requirement simply be removed, or should there be a different balance tweak that keeps Cav from going obsolete when you still can't build Armor or Armored Scouts?

Top Bottom