About crashing and reporting reloads

thekinginorange

Chieftain
Hi! First post here, as you can probably see, so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong :blush:

It says in the thread posted by AlanH that you should inform them if you crash and have to reload? I'm not really sure how to go about that - I looked for a private message button/link/etc and couldn't find one! :blush: How do I go about doing this?

I hope this is ok to post here!

When you post your save, just say the crash/reload happened in the post.

In the bar under the CivFanatics Center Logo, on the right, is a box that says "Welcome (your forumname)" ... it should have a link to your private message mailbox.

In an official GOTM, you would want to PM the gamemaster about crash and reload events.

And welcome to the forums! :goodjob:

dV

The easiest way I know of to send a PM is to click on the forum name (left hand side) of who you want, from any post on the forum, and a menu comes up and one of the menu items is "send a private message to ****".

The "official" GOTM competition will begin once we have a tracking mod, submission system and an awards system, etc. Once that happens, it is important that you PM a gotm staff member with your crash info. Once a game concludes, the staff reviews the results and compares the info you gave us to what the tracking mod tells us. Telling us about it gets results out faster as we do not need to do research to try to figure out what happened. A PM is much more effective because should you post crash info in the spoilers, we may miss something.

And please let me add my welcome to thekinginorange. :wavey:

Usually I crash when trying to speak to a city state, happens about twice every game on average, so there are some issues left after the patch.

CharonJr

Top Bottom