New team colours!

low said:
I can't believe you guys let this thread slip down to the second page. :eek:

Just letting you guys know that I'm redoing the civ colors with Sloth's handy program. I can't say when they'll be done but they will certainly look a lot better than before. ;)

If you're doing mult-colored ones, I'm eagerly awaiting it, at least - I've been way too busy lately to go back and finish my color-schemes.

Sloth_MD said:
If you're doing mult-colored ones, I'm eagerly awaiting it, at least - I've been way too busy lately to go back and finish my color-schemes.

Sure am. I've been way too busy also, including a new job, finally. But, they are slowly coming along.

Oh, hey, you used my light red! Yeah, the look good on the Icans (Or is that the Mayans? Whatever.) In my next project, EuroAfrica Mod, it is used for Palmyra, a Roman Splinter state, just incase you care or something.

Hmmm, I'm having some problems with this.

Installed the 1.22 pack. New games, scenarios, etc. work just fine. But some of my save games (all 1.22) don't work. When I try to load them I get the following errors:

"DataIO operation System Error: DATE"
"DataIO operation System Error: PLGI"
"DataIO operation System Error: PLGI"
"DataIO operation System Error: CNSL"

"Load Error: ERROR READING FILE: "D:\blahblah\100BC.SAV"

And then it will go back to the main menu. Any ideas?

Trip, that's a known and well-publicized issue with 1.22... It can't load pre-1.20 saves. For that reason, many people (like me) backup up their Conquests directory and patched one copy, so they can use both 1.15 and 1.22.

Trip said:
You were saying? :p
Whooops! It was early morning. I don't do mornings. Normally. :cry:

Gah...

Now it's happening even after replacing the Palette files with my backups...

Have to reinstall Conquests now. :\

Has anybody else had this problem when using the new colors? The units, cities, and borders are all beautiful, but when you look at the mini-map (as well as at the score, culture, and power graphs), there are several civs that have the same color. In this picture, I am the Greeks, and you can not tell the difference between Greek land, German land, Inca land, and Carthaginian land. This is the only problem I have run into--otherwise, I love the new colors.

Mini-map example:

Thanks in advance for any help. :thumbsup:

The territory and score problems I mentioned seem to only occur with the colors that Low did. Yours colors work fine, Rhye. Very odd.

Downloaded Rhye's palette and GoldFlash Pink's color, thanks guys !

Were is the latest download link? I really like the colours!!!! thanks Rhye and all otha guys!!!:goodjob:

Hey guys. I have returned from the dead, sort of. I'm kind of disappointed to see this thread buried so far down the list.

Anyways, I've been busy as hell with a new job and an almost complete home renovation the past couple of months. I built myself a new PC about two weeks ago and lost everything I had. The disk I used to burn all of my files for all of my games and stuff onto decided to become corrupted along the way and I've completely lost everything. Recently, I've had the urge to reinstall Civ3 and get to playing again, so that's why I'm here.

I'm no longer doing any civ colors though. Starting all over from scratch is not something I'm willing to do. But, I'm curious to know if Sloth or Rhye is still around and if they've done any further work on these. If you guys have, give me (us) an update, unless somebody else has came through. If it's been mentioned in another thread somewhere then I have missed it.

As good as a lot of our work was, we were still way off in many respects, mostly regarding "correct" civilization colors. Hopefully, one of you can shed more light on this topic. If not, then no biggie. :cool:

Top Bottom