Black screen after loading movie on DX11

Pouakai

It belongs in a museum.
Okay, so I have a 64-bit Windows 7 laptop with 4GB memory and an Intel Core i7 processor as well as a new nVida graphics card (Don't know exact version) - DX11 is installed and all drivers are up-to-date. Yet when I start the DX11 version, the opening movie is fine, but afterwards the screen goes black and the game doesn't start. Mouse is not visible and music does not play. I can close out using Ctrl+Alt+Delete. DX9 works fine. Any ideas as to why DX11 doesn't work when it is clearly capable of working?

It would be helpful to know what nVidea Graphics are being used. Other than that there may be a corrupted file in the steam directory. This is corrected by varifying the local file content under the game properties in steam. Keep varifying until it says "all local files varified successfully".

It is a class 2 card (mid range) and is supposed to do directx 11. Other than verifying the files or deleting everything and starting new, not sure what is wrong.

No, it's still the black screen even if I skip the loading intro. The movie works fine, it's the actual game that doesn't work.

Also, I just verified my files - 15 bad files, but the black screen still appears - the game doesn't load

Have you tried playing in offline mode? With that many files "corrupted" there seems to be something else going on.

I would keep varifying also with that many found. Either that or delete everything and start from scratch. There is still a corrupted file or (virus?) that the game is "freezing" on.

Normally if the game does not recogonize the ability of the video it will act in a similiar manner. There could even be a corrupted video file.

Do you use nortan antivirus? Or had used it, but stopped. If it is still on your system, it may be interferring with files and causing them to get corrupted. Deleting it from my laptop opened up 19 gigs of wasted hard drive space and no more freezing during game for me.

Top Bottom