Need Support Help - Patch Error

darvlay

Chieftain
After the most recent patch to G&K, the game freezes during end turn about 5-15 turns in, usually while city states or barbarians are processing turns. My saved game before the patch won't even load, it freezes at the continue your journey screen. Once it freezes, I have to use the task mgr to shut the game down. Did I do something wrong?

Also, I've never been able to get the game to work in DX11 mode. I have always played using the low settings in DX9 because DX11 always has graphic choppiness and lag but I believe my system meets the recommended requirements and my drivers are up to date as far as I can tell. Help with this too?

I apologize if this belongs in a certain thread. This is my first time posting here.

Thanks in advance!

Dxdiag:

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    23.7 KB · Views: 66
Also, I tried to locate .mdmp files but couldn't find any.

I have also sent an email to 2K tech support for help.

Thanks again.

You could start with updating your video drivers - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 - from ATI's website.

You could start with updating your video drivers - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 - from ATI's website.

"AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer.

The version of your graphics adapter is not supported.

Please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphics driver update"

HP website says my driver is current.

What gives?

OK, found a new driver through googling (not AMD or HP auto updates) and tried again - no improvement, same errors.

Updated dxdiag:

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    40.5 KB · Views: 59
Does it happen while somebody tries to make a ranged attack?

And would be good if you could test again the Dx11 mode.

Still an unplayable lag in DX11 and my game never makes it far enough to even get to a ranged attack. All previous saves won't load either. :mad:

Top Bottom