How do you make the mongols work?

Are you sure? Does that not mean a denounciation snowball and no trade for 100 turns?

Prolly not, but I think the jury is still out on how much one can get away with. Here's the relevant line from the patch notes, emphasis added:

Scale warmonger penalties by era (50% of normal strength in Ancient up to 90% in Industrial; 100% thereafter). Penalties for warmongering vs. City-States halved.

So that makes me think that you can get away with two DOWs on CS without them all hating you. If you kill a civ in Ancient, all should be forgiven some many turns later. No reason that kill could not be a CS, and it makes me wonder if you could get away with capturing two CS early.

So that makes me think that you can get away with two DOWs on CS without them all hating you. If you kill a civ in Ancient, all should be forgiven some many turns later. No reason that kill could not be a CS, and it makes me wonder if you could get away with capturing two CS early.

In my last game I stole a worker from one city state and later conquered another annoying one right in the middle of my territory, and all the city-states I've met afterwards weren't giving me any gold (like before). So I believe at least in this respect nothing has changed.

I think khans are underutilized in the early game. I hope that people don't think that khans are only useful when paired with keshiks. When paired with keshiks they don't really have an opportunity to use their healing bonus because keshiks tend not to get hit in the first place. But before you get keshiks, when you have to attack cities like everyone else (melee units adjacent to an enemy city while ranged units bombard), then the khan's healing bonus can be tremendous when used to heal those melee units whose purpose is not to attack (at least initially) but to defend the ranged units and take hits in their place. With warrior code you'll get a free khan very early, and you can go invade a city state or two with the power of a khan.

Here's the relevant line from the patch notes, emphasis added:
Scale warmonger penalties by era (50% of normal strength in Ancient up to 90% in Industrial; 100% thereafter). Penalties for warmongering vs. City-States halved.

Does that mean the penalty for taking out a CS in ancient has been quartered?

^^ I was wondering about that myself. I think it means you can DOW two different CS (or the same CS twice) without all the other CS immediately hating you. This implies that the min-max exploit approach would be to take out two CS early. I have not tried either approach.

Top Bottom