Longbows vs. Chu-Ko-Nus?

Ckns don't shoot 3 times because they online move twice. Only exception is when a city state gifts you a ckn and you're Persia and have the golden age unique attribute that allows your units that move 2 times move 3 times. Longbows already start with range.
3 move scouts (scouting III) finding ruins to become archers also can get three shots.

Both options very unlikely, but they are very fun when they happen.

Or maybe if you get gifted pocatello scout as england by a city state , with early war they are easy to get promoted since they have decent fight stat with def bonus if needed. But again it s pretty much a miracle combination.

Also, Denmark with CS gifted CKN's with Logistics, after disembarking (debarking?) can attack 3 times.

We of the Traveling Hoard, do prefer Longbows, for ACCURATE 3 RANGE, vs. 2 attacks with a 2 range, lesser firepower unit.
Our Battle Sages point out that while MASS has a quality of its own; Quality, and mass win more wars .

Also, for shaglio; disembarking and debarking have both been used in the histories; although the first is preferred.
(pun warning) debarking comes from dedog .

Longbows. Without a doubt.

Everyone else is gonna say CKN, but they are wrong.

CKN might be good for defense if you don't have anywhere to stack units or back up. But for the vast majority of situations longbows are better. Anyone that says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Both are fantastic units, but I prefer the longbowman. I always take workers along with me when invading another civ, and I have them chop down forests that are on a hill (while being guarded by a melee unit, of course - flat terrain with forests can be shot over if your unit is on a hill), allowing my longbowmen to have perfect shots at cities when standing on a hill. I've simply had way more success with longbowmen than with CKN, and more moments where I would pause and roll my eyes at the "over-poweredness". Even though, in my opinion, the longbowman is better, it's only by a slim margin.

I totally agree with bringing workers to clear forests. I think of them like combat engineers.

Top Bottom