[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Civkid1991 said:
What you said about the spheres is what i was talking abou with the holy priests. These priests would be arcane units that require a combination of spells to get to the higer "Godly Spells". For example, With the Armaggedon spells you need a combination of the 3 death spells, chaos spells, and entrophy spells. In addition to that, to make it a bit more of a challenge, i added in a neccesary wonder or amount of mana needed inorder to use these God spells.

Sounds good. I agree with kael that i like the idea of sacrificing the unit to replace the "building" of the associated rituals. but as a stand alone spell, it strikes me as something that is inteded to bend the game in ways its not meant to go.

I do dig the idea of fewer and more powerful casters though.
-Qes

QES said:
Sounds good. I agree with kael that i like the idea of sacrificing the unit to replace the "building" of the associated rituals. but as a stand alone spell, it strikes me as something that is inteded to bend the game in ways its not meant to go.

I do dig the idea of fewer and more powerful casters though.
-Qes

Yea, i guess your right. I was thinking about the religions though. As i read the story of the leader that was one of the first humans and refuesed to mate with her mate and then sought to destroy humanity (i choped up the story a bit there srry) i was inspired to creat these spells and make religion one of the top 3 important things in this Mod.

Civkid1991 said:
Yea, i guess your right. I was thinking about the religions though. As i read the story of the leader that was one of the first humans and refuesed to mate with her mate and then sought to destroy humanity (i choped up the story a bit there srry) i was inspired to creat these spells and make religion one of the top 3 important things in this Mod.

You should write some fan fiction. That is the best use of creative juices. I even think there's a thread somewhere. Its good that you get inspired, use it! Make a story!:goodjob:
-Qes

QES said:
You should write some fan fiction. That is the best use of creative juices. I even think there's a thread somewhere. Its good that you get inspired, use it! Make a story!:goodjob:
-Qes

I was thinking about that. Who comes up witht the stories? (Kael?) Who ever it is i would have to give 3 thumbs up to :)goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: ) The stories are great. Personally i like the story i mentioned above and the ones about Ethne the White, Hannah the Irin, and Alexis The Vampire Queen (or was it princess?).:)

Civkid1991 said:
I was thinking about that. Who comes up witht the stories? (Kael?) Who ever it is i would have to give 3 thumbs up to :)goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: ) The stories are great. Personally i like the story i mentioned above and the ones about Ethne the White, Hannah the Irin, and Alexis The Vampire Queen (or was it princess?).:)

Kael is the story man, it was for a D&D campaign of his. Personally I'd loved to have romped through it, as im a gamer myself. Still, it'd be nice if he wrote a summery of his storyline down somewhere in novella form.
-Qes

QES said:
Kael is the story man, it was for a D&D campaign of his. Personally I'd loved to have romped through it, as im a gamer myself. Still, it'd be nice if he wrote a summery of his storyline down somewhere in novella form.
-Qes

I agree... i would have liked to read the storyline. I would be able to get a better few on how the gods and the civs are related and why theres war (or disagreements/violents between the diffrent civs and unearthly beings (demons and angles)). I didn't know however that the story had some connection with D&D. Not really into D&D but with the Civ twist its great.:D

Civkid1991 said:
I agree... i would have liked to read the storyline. I would be able to get a better few on how the gods and the civs are related and why theres war (or disagreements/violents between the diffrent civs and unearthly beings (demons and angles)). I didn't know however that the story had some connection with D&D. Not really into D&D but with the Civ twist its great.:D

Your 15 right? You got time..in fact most of us Old folks started at about 15, so get to it. :salute:

-Qes

I looked back at one of your previous posts and saw your idea about the vocanos and tectonic activity. Like the earth it would be nice to have sea vocanos that erupt over a bit of time and creat islands or addes land to land thats been their from the beginng of the game. THis land would be a waste land but with the help of the mages and time it would upgrade into a grasseland and eventually (or with help of mages) grow forests. On the other hand tectonic rifts would destory land and earthqakes and tsunamis would cover (remove) land that was there. With this it would seem like the "earth" is litarly evolving as the game progresses. This would also add in that challege that you where talking about. If your being threatened by rifts, earthquakes, and tsuamis you'll have to put your cities in places that would be "safe".

I also thought that the possibllity of a resorce apearing in a tile should increase and reasorces like horses should migrate over time and move to diffrent tiles (destory the improvment that was there of corse). When a new island is created by a vocano then the land over time would improve on its own. Say, for example, a vocano erupts in the ocean far from the contanents. If you come across it and see that there is no resorces or anything helpfull then youll just pass on to what ever land that you can get. Instead have the land upgrade over time and resorces (say fish in the sea and corn on the grasslands and stone in the hills) appear.

I also like your idea of having famine. This would but the spell for cureing the land into more frequent use. If you remember from my holy spells i had a "Weather sphere" that came from this and some of your other ideas. With rain you could fix famine and with hurricane your could minipulate the land to your likeing (of corse this ablity would be hard to abtain).

I also like your graveyard idea. But it should be limited to spicific civs or maybe just for barbs. If i remember correctly Most of the units in the Civ that has Alexis and most units for the octapus overlord are undead. So graveyards could act the same as pirate coves for ships. Maybe in Barb/minor civs because of slavory or just barbian "anarcy" graveyards appear on random tiles (not very often) and are resting places for their dead. When Major civs come along and deside to destroy them they could pilage the graveyards for gold.

What do you think?

~CivKid~

PS: you correctly guessed by age, lol :)

Coca_carola said:
ey maybe that's even better! but i kind of liked the idea with spreading atheism around the world. Like when "atheism" spreads to a foreign city with a religion the previous religion dissapear from the city, but not permanently, the other civ could re-establish religion in that city. Just my thoughts. ;>

I can't imagine any atheists in a world where gods are known to actually toss thunderbolts and seduce virginal young maids. Who is going to actively deny the existance of gods, when one of them might be waiting for you around the corner in a dark alley?Agnosticism is pretty hard to swallow too - who will claim there is no way of knowing for sure the He Who Must Not Be Named truely exists, when all one has to do is speak the name of He Who Must Not Be Named and thereby obtain irrefutable direct proof (briefly, before one's soul is eaten) that He Who Must Not Be Named does, in point of fact, exist? - but the term agnosticism can at least be understood as a philosophy that all that god worship is bound to eventually be bad for one's health, so we're staying away, thank you very much. But atheism is right out!

Civkid1991 said:
Why doesn't anyone play multiplayer for this mod? I was just wondering...

Well, I for one is in the middle of a game that's been going on for 10+ hours, with my dear friend thealien_83. We're still in 0.13 though :)

Playing as the Grigori, I have managed to turn them into a Culture producing powerhouse. Though, I have to say, it's hard to compete with the benefits the other civs get from religion. I have to bust some serious ass, but it's perfectly doable.

Hey! me again!

I just wanted to know how to play as Infernals.
I love playing the bad guys and mostly end up developing Overlords or Veil.
So how can I play 'em?
I've seen them in the wallpapers, and here in the topic.
I have seen their units in the Civilopedia, but I can't choose to start with them.

What am I doing wrong?

War Chicken said:
Hey! me again!

I just wanted to know how to play as Infernals.
I love playing the bad guys and mostly end up developing Overlords or Veil.
So how can I play 'em?
I've seen them in the wallpapers, and here in the topic.
I have seen their units in the Civilopedia, but I can't choose to start with them.

What am I doing wrong?

They're not playable yet and if you look at the post with the civ details it says they are a minor civ... which means they aren't playable. If im remembering correctly i think there's another civ thats "hidden" from the choices.

Duane_Loone said:
Well, I for one is in the middle of a game that's been going on for 10+ hours, with my dear friend thealien_83. We're still in 0.13 though :)

Playing as the Grigori, I have managed to turn them into a Culture producing powerhouse. Though, I have to say, it's hard to compete with the benefits the other civs get from religion. I have to bust some serious ass, but it's perfectly doable.

Well hurry up and download the newer version! I'd be happy to kick your- i mean *laughs nerviously* :joke: - peacefull help you to your golden throne :worship: . I'd be happy to see how you as Grigori would stand agains me as my favoirt Leader Thessa of the Elven race.

Email me or pm me if you ever what to set up a game with your friend. I'd be happy to join in. :)

Hi,
I have been playing since Ffh 1 and only recently found this board and figured I would throw in my two cents.

Unser Giftzwerg said:
I can't imagine any atheists in a world where gods are known to actually toss thunderbolts and seduce virginal young maids. Who is going to actively deny the existance of gods, when one of them might be waiting for you around the corner in a dark alley?Agnosticism is pretty hard to swallow too - who will claim there is no way of knowing for sure the He Who Must Not Be Named truely exists, when all one has to do is speak the name of He Who Must Not Be Named and thereby obtain irrefutable direct proof (briefly, before one's soul is eaten) that He Who Must Not Be Named does, in point of fact, exist? - but the term agnosticism can at least be understood as a philosophy that all that god worship is bound to eventually be bad for one's health, so we're staying away, thank you very much. But atheism is right out!

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with the Discworld world series by Terry Pratchett but one of the night watch is actually an athiest in a world where gods walk around. Apparently it helps to be lightning resistant:lol:

Personally I love the Grigori, they fall second only to Khazad. I was able to found a religion with them. It was the Ashen Veil, not that it helped much since I couldn't switch and great prophets are nearly impossible to get for them. I don't think they are unbalanced, I have won my share of games on emperor and I found the hero units can easily win you wars. The only thing that annoys me is that your citizens get angry in despotism because you can't switch.

Civkid1991 said:
Well hurry up and download the newer version! I'd be happy to kick your- i mean *laughs nerviously* :joke: - peacefull help you to your golden throne :worship: . I'd be happy to see how you as Grigori would stand agains me as my favoirt Leader Thessa of the Elven race.

Email me or pm me if you ever what to set up a game with your friend. I'd be happy to join in. :)

Baah. No. I'd get my ass kicked. XD I'm a real crappy player. I usually get my sweet behind handed to me by the barbarian hordes on anything more difficult than Prince (and even then, success is definitely not guaranteed ;))

I've downloaded 0.14 though and I have to say I really like what changes have been done. At least, those I've discovered so far :D Imagine my surprise when I built an Entropy node 2 squares from my best city O_o

Nero's fire said:
Hi,
I have been playing since Ffh 1 and only recently found this board and figured I would throw in my two cents.

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with the Discworld world series by Terry Pratchett but one of the night watch is actually an athiest in a world where gods walk around. Apparently it helps to be lightning resistant:lol:

Personally I love the Grigori, they fall second only to Khazad. I was able to found a religion with them. It was the Ashen Veil, not that it helped much since I couldn't switch and great prophets are nearly impossible to get for them. I don't think they are unbalanced, I have won my share of games on emperor and I found the hero units can easily win you wars. The only thing that annoys me is that your citizens get angry in despotism because you can't switch.

I have read terry pratchett's feet of clay... It's been a while so im not sure. Is the person your talking about the golem? If you are then no duh he's atheist. He doesnt even have a soul and isn't really "living". So technically he doesnt have to worry about the gods because he was man made (He has to worry about man :lol: ).

Nero's fire said:
Are you suggesting that there should be Lurchuip (spelling ?) leader with the Agnostic trait ? :D

(on a side note, I've though a couple of times that a few Pratchett references would get along pretty well with the Monty Python ones that are already in ;))

Oh, and there's something in the tech balance that strikes me as very odd..
I play at normal speed, and techs come wayyyyy faster than buildings and even units are constructed.

seems like the balance is off, and its even more noticable with the 'organized religion' civic is pushed back down the tech tree.. but still.

science 'prices' need to go up up up, I think.

Top Bottom